Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Chapter Three.

I woke up from the sound of someone’s cell phone. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. 5:49. Ugh. I sighed and rolled over, trying to get back to sleep, but it was no use. I crawled out of the bed and walked into the kitchen area of the bus, where the entire Jonas family was sitting, already awake. Joe was talking to someone on the phone.

“Good morning, everyone.” I said, stifling a yawn. There came a chorus of ‘good morning’s from the Jonas’. Joe looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back at him. My mind flashed back to the day before, when I met him.

“I’m Joe.” he said, taking my hand in his, and bringing it to his lips to kiss it. I felt my cheeks slightly reddening.

“Bella? That means beautiful, right?” he asked me. I nodded. “Well, then it suites you just perfectly.” he said, letting go of her hand. This only caused me to blush even harder, I hoped he didn’t notice.


When we went to the bus after that, he continued to flirt with me all day. Well, I think he was flirting anyway, I can never tell. I sighed dreamily.

“Someone’s not quite awake yet, I see.” Kevin said, chuckling.

“Well, I usually sleep later than this.” I said, “But someone’s cell phone woke me up.” I said, glaring at Joe, who had just hung up his phone. He gave me an innocent smile.

“Sorry. I forgot to put it on vibrate.” He said. “Do you forgive me?” he asked, pouting. He looked so cute doing that.

“Okay, okay, I forgive you.” I said, rolling my eyes. I grabbed some cereal and started eating. “So, what’s the plan for today?” I asked, no one in particular. Kevin Sr. was the one who answered.

“Well, tonight’s the first show of the tour, so we’ll be rehearsing practically all day, but first we have to pick up Ella and Jamie.” He said.

“I’m sorry, who’s Jamie?” I asked, trying to remember if I’d heard that name before.

“My girlfriend.” Joe said. His girlfriend? He had a girlfriend? But, then, why was he flirting with me yesterday? He was flirting? Wasn’t he? Why else would he call me beautiful and kiss my hand?

“Oh.” I said, when I had gotten my mind to shut up. Joe smiled.

“She’s really great, I’m sure you’ll like her.” He said.

“Yeah, I’m sure I will.” I mumbled, while putting my spoon in my mouth.

-

I went to my own tour bus to get ready, since all my clothes were there, and I’d have a bathroom all to myself. When I was done getting dressed, I decided to call my dad again.

Beep…. Beep…. Beep…

“Hello. This is Andrew Walker. I’m not here right now, so leave a message and I’ll get back to you.”

Beep.

“Hi, dad. It’s me again, Bella. Uhm, I haven’t heard from you yet, since the last time I called. I don’t know if you got my message, well, you probably did, but maybe you just forgot to call back or something. Well, uhm, I sent you a ticket to the show in Seattle, in case you want to come. I would really like it if you were there. But I understand if you can’t make it. So, uhm, call me back? So I know if I should expect you or not. Bye, dad. I, uhm, I love you.”

I sighed when I hung up the phone. I really wanted my dad to come, but deep down I knew that he wasn’t going to. I was shaken from my thoughts from a knock on the door, followed by my favorite Jonas walking onto the bus, with his hands in front of his eyes.

“Can I come in? Are you decent?” he asked. I chuckled.

“Yes, Joe, I’m fully clothed. You can look.” I said. He removed his hands from his eyes.

“Ella’s here.” He said.

“Oh, cool.” I said, “I can’t wait to meet her.” I followed Joe outside, and saw a girl talking to Mrs. Jonas. She had a light brown shade of hair and she didn’t seem much older as I was.

“Oh, Bella.” Mrs. Jonas said as she spotted me. “Come here.. This is Ella. She’ll be your personal assistant for the tour.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” I said, shaking her hand.

“You too.” She said. Suddenly, Joe started cracking up.

“Uhm.. Joe?” I asked. “You okay there?”

“Yeah.. ha..ha.. I.. I’m.. ha.. ha… I’m fine.” He managed to get out.

“Well, when you’ve calmed down, do you want to tell us what’s so funny? I love a good laugh too you know.” I said. He took a few seconds to regulate his breathing.

“It’s just.. Bella and Ella.” He said, trying not to burst into laughter again. “Your names are almost exactly the same!”

“Well, I’m glad you find that so amusing.” I said, before turning to Mrs. Jonas. “Was he dropped on his head as a baby?” I asked her. She chuckled.

“Hey!” Joe exclaimed. “That’s not very nice.”

“Aww.. Did I hurt little Joey’s feelings?” I said, in my best baby voice. “I’m sorry.” He glared at me, before his whole face lit up.

“Jamie!” he yelled out, running towards a blonde that was coming our way. As soon as they were close enough, his lips were on her. I suddenly got an uneasy feeling and looked away. When they were done with their lip-locking, Joe took her hand and led her towards us.

“Jamie, this is Bella, our opening act.” He said, “And this is Ella, her assistant. And, well you’ve already met my mom. Guys, this is Jamie, my girlfriend”. He said with a stupid grin on his face.

“Hi.” I said, and gave her a small wave, which she did not return. “Anyway, I’m going to show Ella to the bus, so she can get settled in.” I said. “I’ll catch you guys later.” Ella followed me to the bus.

-

This was it. The moment I had been waiting for all my life. It was the night of our first show, and in a few seconds, I would have to go one stage. I was nervous, really nervous. I heard my name being announced, and someone shoved a guitar in my hands, before pushing me towards the stage. I looked out to see a lot of faces. Okay, breathe. I walked up to the mic stand.

“Hi everyone.” I said. “I’m Bella Walker and, well, this is actually my first show, so I’m a little bit nervous.” I took a deep breath. “This song is called La La Land.” I closed my eyes and began to play.

I am confident but I still have my moment,
Baby, that’s just me,
I’m not a supermodel, I still eat McDonalds,
Baby, that’s just me.


I heard the crowed cheering and applauding, but I still kept my eyes closed.

Well some may say I need to be afraid,
Of losing everything, because of where I,
Had my start and where I made my name,
Well everything’s the same in the La La Land machine.


I opened my eyes and looked into the crowd. They seemed to be enjoying the song. My nerves were starting to lessen.

Who said I can’t wear my converse with my dress,
Well, baby, that’s just me,
Who said I can’t be single and have to go out and mingle,
Baby, that’s not me… no no.

Well some may say I need to be afraid,
Of losing everything, because of where I,
Had my start and where I made my name,
Well everything’s the same in the La La Land machine.


I looked towards the backstage area, and saw the three Jonas’s watching with a smiles on their faces.

Tell me do you feel the way I feel,
‘Cause nothing else is real in the La La Land appeal.

Well some may say I need to be afraid,
Of losing everything, because of where I,
Had my start and where I made my name,
Well everything’s the same in the La La Land machine,
Well I’m not gonna change in the La La Land machine,
I will stay the same in the La La Land,
Machine, machine, machine.

I won’t change anything in my life,
(I won’t change anything in my life)
I’m staying myself tonight,
(I’m staying myself tonight).


I finished the song and looked out in the crowd. I smiled.

“So, this next song is called I’ll Always Be Right There.”

When you’re all alone and you need a light,
Someone to guide you through the night…


-

… Oh, oh,
Oh, I’m just a girl.


I finished my set and ran backstage, jumping in the arms of whoever was closest to me. This happened to be Joe. I saw Jamie glaring at me, but decided to ignore it.

“Oh my god! That was so awesome!” I said, well, more like squealed.

“Well, you were great out there too.” Kevin said, hugging me.

“You guys have fun out there.” I said, before they walked of towards the stage.

“Always.” Joe said, before winking at me. Oh, wait. He was winking at Jamie.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm waiting for the "big announcement" the boys are going to make today. I really hope it will be the dates for the world tour.. They have to come to Belgium! XD

The song used in this chapter is "La La Land" by Demi Lovato.