Denial

Dear God, Help Us Now

Image

I woke up the next morning and groaned holding my head and rolling over.

Unfortunately for me when I rolled over, I forgot I was sleeping on the couch, not my bed, and landed in the floor. I heard a loud screech from underneath me and immediately discovered that my cat had previously been sleeping where I was now laying.

"Awe, I'm sorry Fats." I said climbing back onto the couch and picking her up. She really was a fat cat, she deserved her name. She hissed in protest and jumped from my lap.

"Fine, see if I ever feed your fat butt again!" I shouted after her.

"Nice, that's usually what we tell Zacky." I turned around to see Matt standing behind my couch. I groaned.

"How did you get in here?"

"Incase you've forgotten, you forget to lock the door when you're drunk. But you sure are a sight to see the morning after!"

"Matt, how is that you're not affected by last night's drink fest at all, because it seems you're not." He grinned wide.

"I have smarts and a high tolerance for alcohol Princess."

"Pft, yeah. That's it."

"Hey! It is." He sat next to me and handed me to Advil and some water.

"Thanks." I muttered before swallowing them.

"No problem."

"So what's on the schedule for today?"

"Well, right now all of the other morons have massive hangovers, especially Brian, but I've got a date for tonight." I raised my eyebrow at him.

"The girl from the club?" He nodded. I sighed and looked away.

"Will you chill Leny? She's really a nice girl. I want you to meet her tonight so you won't be so cautious because, as weird as it seems, even though you're the baby of this group and we need to protect you from the scum bags of the Earth, you're also like the mother of the group who wants to protect us from all evil out there."

I nodded and smiled. "Glad you're finally realizing that."

"Yeah well, I'm gonna go back to my place now. But hey, I'll see ya tonight alright?"

"Yeah." I gave him a quick hug and he left. I decided I was going to Zacky's.

I tiptoed through his kitchen at the sound of silence. I walked into his room to find him laying on his back, cross ways, holding his head in his hands with his eyes shut. I quietly slipped into the room and behind his head. I knelt down next to his ear. And then I screamed really loudly causing him to jump up not knowing whether to hold his head now or his rapidly beating heart.

He was using quite a bit of choice words at me at the moment so I decided to wait until he was done. About three minutes later, I decided maybe he was.

"You done yet?" I asked grinning my mischievous grin.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because it seemed like fun of course!"

"Just remember, payback can be painful."

"Oh I know, you look like you're in a lot of pain." I said smirking.

"What did I ever do so wrong to you to deserve payback?"

"Probably nothing, but still something somehow. You're Zacky. You figure it out." His cell phone rang then. He picked up and looked at the called ID. He held up his finger to me to tell me to hold on while he took the call. I nodded and played with a loose string on his comforter.

"Hey Gena."

"Tonight?"

"Sure."

"Sounds great."

"I'll pick you up at seven."

"See ya then, bye."

He closed his phone and tossed it on the bed behind him. "Date?" I asked. He nodded smiling. "With whom?"

"The girl from last night."

"Her name's Gena." It sounded more like a statement. He just nodded.

"So what are you doing today? Anything?" He was trying to change the subject, typical Zacky.

"So that's it?" I changed it back.

"What?"

"You're not even gonna invite me to meet this girl?"

"Nah, why should you?"

"Zacky, you're my friend, one of my best friends. One of the people I call at three in the morning if Fats makes a funny noise, I think I deserve to at least get an opinion on your girl."

"She's not my girl yet, and I don't see why it matters so much to you."

"Zacky I've seen you get hurt one too many times, I don't wanna see it happen again."

"Look, if things start happening between us, maybe I'll invite you to meet her then. Happy?"

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Come on Leny I don't wanna argue."

"Too late. Zacky you know I just care about you! Matt's got a date tonight too but he actually brought up the fact that I should probably meet her. Said I'd love her. So what's your deal?"

"Oh so now I'm not good enough, I need to be more like Matt? Oh Lord forbid I do one thing different!"

"Zacky that's not what I'm saying!"

"Just go."

"What?"

"Just go home." I stared at him, stared at his emotionless face. If this girl was already tearing apart Zacky and I's friendship, think of what she could do in the future.

"Fine, I'm sick of trying to help you anyway. If you get hurt, you get hurt. I don't really care." I pushed him backwards on his bed before leaving. I'd have like to shove him off in the floor, but that would've been too much of a struggle.

I didn't walk home, as a matter of fact, I walked right past my house, right on into Matt's house. "How could he be such an inconsiderate, compulsive, no good for nothing, jerk?!" I shouted as soon as I slammed the door.

"Um, hello to you too. Uh, Val, this is Helena, or Leny. Leny, this is Val." He gave me a look as if to say, 'the girl.' Now I felt like an idiot. She smiled.

"Hi."

"Hello." I said, feeling slightly embarrassed now.

"Val, could you excuse us for a second?" Matt asked. She nodded. "Alright, we'll be right back." Matt drug me into his kitchen away from Val.

"What was your little outburst all about? You totally interrupted my date."

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm really embarrassed about that." I said looking down.

"Hey, kid, it's okay, look at me." He made me look up at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Zacky."

"What about him?"

"He's being a complete and total jerk."

"Wanna tell me about it?"

"No, you need to get back to Val." He shook his head.

"Tell me what happened."

I sighed before taking a deep breath and speaking in a rushed voice. "I went over there and played a little prank on him, and everything was all ya know, normal at first. And then this Gena girl called from last night, they're hooking up tonight. But when he told me about her, he didn't offer for me to meet her like you did Val. So I just kinda urged the subject and he flew off at me." He nodded.

"Come here." He took my hand dragging me back into the living room.

"I've gotta go pay a little visit to Baker, you girls can stay here and...I dunno...Chat? Like girls do...?" I laughed and shook my head as did Val. He walked from the room retreating to the front door.

"So how long have you known the guys?" She asked.

"Oh my Lord, since they were yay high." I said, moving my hand to show her height. She laughed and nodded.

"Amazing."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"So do you mind me getting to know you a little better?" I asked her.

"Course not, go ahead."

"Alright, so are you after Matt for his money, amazing good looks, and fame, or his it because you truly think there could be a connection and his amazing good looks." She laughed at the last part.

"To be completely honest with you, I've got money, so I don't need his. And I've never been the materialistic type person anyway. As far as fame...Well, if I was looking for a man with fame and amazing good looks, I could have just as well walked up to Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day that night who was standing across the room all alone."

"Oh my Lord in Heaven above, was he really?" She grinned and nodded.

"Now as far as thinking there might truly be a connection, that's what drew me to accept his offer to come back and see him today. It's what made me give him my number."

"And his amazing good looks?" She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"And his amazing good looks."

I think I'm gonna like this girl. First one in a long time.

He better not hurt this one or I'll hurt him.

"So what about me, can I get to know you some?"

"Go ahead!"

"Okay, well, are you dating any of the guys or have you ever?" My eyes widened.

"Oh good Lord no! We're just all great friends."

"Ah I see." She said nodding.

"It's just, I couldn't help but over hear you and Matt talking about Zacky, and the way you sounded really protective about Zacky's date tonight, now don't get me wrong, but I could have sworn it sounded like you were the least bit jealous, or like you liked him as more than a friend, to put it into better terms." My jaw dropped.

"No, no, no. That's completely mistaken, see, I only like him as a friend. I mean Zacky and I? As a couple? Me liking Zacky like that?" She laughed. "No way honey." I shook my head. She just laughed and shook her head too. I could see something shining in her eyes that said, I know you better than you know yourself and you've known you loner than I have.

"He's an idiot." Matt declared as he walked back through the door.

"Zacky? Yeah I could have told you that Matt." He shook his head.

"He's as stubborn as a mule if not worse! I tried and tried to get him to come apologize to you but he wouldn't." I shrugged. "Sooner or later, he'll break." Val laughed and shook her head which brought Matt's attention back to her.

"So did you two get acquainted?" We nodded both smiling at each other. I winked at her letting her know she was welcome in our little tight knit family. I think that made her feel really special.

"Matt, could I talk with you now please?"

"About?"

"Now."

He followed me into the kitchen without further argument and told Val he'd be right back.

"I like this one Matt. Okay? The last time I liked a girl you brought back has been years ago and then you hurt her. You better not do it to this one got it? Or I'll seriously hurt you. She understands like, everything I do. Just in ten minutes. And she's perfect for you."

"How do you know all this crap?"

"I'm a people reader." I winked at him before walking out.

"I'll leave you two alone now." I declared walking to the door.

"Have fun you guys! And be good Matt or I'll have to come back and attack you."

"Oh can I get your number so we can maybe go to the mall and hang out sometime?"

"Sweetie, I don't you'll need my number, I think I'll be seeing you around here quite often." winked at her again.

"But if you really want it, ask Matt because I don't know it. As dumb as that sounds but it's true. I've never had to call my own cell and I never gave it out to anyone but the guys." I smirked and she laughed.

"Alright."

"See ya guys!" "

Bye!" They called.

I walked a few houses down to where Jimmy's house was passing Zacky's house on the way. He was standing on the front porch now, getting ready to leave I take it. "

Leaving Baker?" I called from the sidewalk.

"Huh?" He turned around to face me.

"Leaving?"

"Yeah. What's it to you?"

"Oh trust me it's not, I don't worry about you like that." I snorted before walking off. I'm pretty sure he was glaring daggers my way.

I pounded loudly on Jimmy's door to have him answer it a few minutes later. "Hey Slim Jim!"

"Hey Chubby Cakes!" I pouted, if you're going to give me a nickname, at least come up with something better than that. He thought it over for a minute.

"Eh, I'll have something by the end of the day." I laughed and waled in. "Wanna watch a movie with me?"

"Sure what are you watching?"

"Pirates of the Caribbean."

"Blech. No. Let's watch, ooo! Let's watch something scary."

"But you get all jumpy."

"That's what makes them fun." I grinned. "Let's watch Scream."

"We have a song like that ya know."

"Yes Jimmy, I know. I've got it set to Matt's ring tone for when he calls me."

"Really?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I don't know if he knows it either." I laughed plopping down on the couch next to him and pressing play on the remote.

Half way through the movie, I'm not kidding you, I was sitting in Jimmy's lap, arms wrapped around his neck. That way he was close for comfort! Anybody who saw this would have thought that we were together but in all seriousness, me and Jimmy? Jimmy and I? Not a chance. Absolutely none. For real. Every time a new scary part would come along, I would jump which would send me crushing Jimmy every time. I laughed at that. By the time the end of the movie was over, he was praising God.

"Thank you Lord, thank you so much. Thank you Dear God!"

I laughed.

"Hey that reminds me of a song."

"Uh oh."

"DEAR GOD THE ONLY THING I ASK OF YOU IS TOLD HER WHEN I'M NOT AROUND WHEN I'M MUCH TOO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!" I sang loudly and very abruptly in his ear.

Now I've been told I'm a very good singer, when I'm not trying to sing stupidly that is. He covered is ears.

"For the love of Johnny Christ will you stop that?"

"Hey! Don't say Johnny's name, he'll be over here in heart beat!"

He laughed. "I really wish Matt wouldn't have written that song. That or you would sing it softer. Like it's supposed to be sung." I laughed again.

"Yeah well, ya can't when 'em all now can ya?"

"Guess not."

"Now Mr. Sullivan, I do believe you said you'd come up with a better nick name for me...Start talking."

"How about Baby Cakes?"

"No."

"Sugar Cakes?"

"Nah."

"Fruit Cakes?"

"Blech."

"Crabby Cakes?"

"Jimmy!"

"What? You get moody and crabby! Especially around 'that time of the months'." I slapped him.

"Cup Cakes?"

"Does it always have to end in 'Cakes'?"

He laughed. "Cakes are good!"

"You're retarded. Now seriously."

"Alright, My Fair Mistress."

"Jimmy, in your dreams."

"Yep."

"Shut up!" I slapped him and rewrapped my arm around his neck. The movie may have been over, but he was comfy and I didn't plan on moving anytime soon.

"POODLE PANTS!!!" He shouted.

"Come on Jimmy! Would you honestly give a girl a name like that?!" "

What the heck are two talking about?" We looked up to see Matt, Val, Johnny, Brian, and Johnny all standing in front of us now.

"We're picking out names." Jimmy said simply and the look on their faces were priceless. Except Zacky, his I couldn't read. He looked....Mad? As an understatement. I guess it didn't help the situation that I was sitting in Jimmy's lap with my arms around his neck.

"You-you're...You guys are having a baby and you didn't tell me? I'll kill you Sullivan!" Matt started getting all protective again.

Jimmy and I looked at each other then burst into fits of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked.

"We're definitely not having a baby." I said between laughs.

"That's for sure." Jimmy added.

"Then who were you picking out names for?"

We stared at them very seriously and tried to contain our laughter.

"Me." I said as he said "Her." At the same time. They all looked really relieved and somewhat dumbfounded. I loved these guys, but they could be really stupid sometimes. And I do mean really stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it? I hope so! Yes, this is just going to keep getting more and more interesting. I'll be updating soon my loves!

Comments?