We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Thank You Destine

Once at the hotel, we had to figure out where everyone would be sleeping. Destine and Damian both kept attempting to get me to make eye contact. I totally and completely ignored them. It was clear that Scarlet and Josh were trying to find a way to work the room situation out without having to sleep in different rooms.

“I have a solution. I’ll just sleep on the couch. That way you and Josh can share a room, and the two others get their own rooms.” I said.

“I have a better idea. Same thing but, Raven, you get the room. I’ll take a couch.” Damian said. I turned to walk away and everyone jumped all over me.

“Where are you going?” Scarlet asked.

“To take a shower or is that not allowed? Do I have to have someone watch me twenty four-seven?” I said whipping around.

“Raven, don’t snap on us. Just go take your shower and we’ll try to figure this entire thing out by the time you’re done.” Josh said. I turned around and without saying anything else went to take a shower. I walked into the bathroom and sagged against the door. I couldn’t do this. I can’t live in the same place as Damian. I can’t even look at him. I just want him to leave me alone and go find that girl he was flirting with. Why can’t he just forget about me?
I start the hot water, strip, and then step in. I let it cascade over me while I try to stop thinking about him. I do the usual routines and then just let the water run over my face. Tears leak out of my eyes and I sit down in the bath tub. I’m in the bathroom for a good hour before I hear a knocking.

“Raven? Are you ok?” Damian said through the door. I turned off the water but didn’t say anything. I changed into some clothes Scar had brought for me and opened the door. He was still standing in the middle of the door way. I stood their silently waiting for him to move so I could get by. I stood there looking at the ground for a long time. He refused to move. I go to push past him and he puts his arm around my waist. I try to pull away but he just wraps his other arm around me and holds on tighter. I finally give up and just stood there.

“I’m sorry. At least let me explain myself. Everyone else left to go get dinner. They aren’t going to be home for a while. We should talk.” Damian whispered into my ear. When I stayed quiet and didn’t look up he sighed. “Please, Raven. I miss you. I’m going crazy without you. Please forgive me or at least look at me, please.” I raised my head and looked him in the eyes. His bright blue eyes silently pleaded with me to forgive him. I shook my head as a tear rolled down my cheek. He carefully whipped the tear away with his thumb and held my head in place. I stepped back and he let his hands drop. “Please don’t cry. It kills me inside.” I turned and ran to a room and closed the door. The lock clicked into place right as you heard him try to open the door. I backed away from the door.

“You hurt me more than anyone else ever could. I don’t want to ever talk to you or even see you again.” I said extremely quietly.

Damian’s Pov

“You hurt me more than anyone else ever could. I don’t want to ever talk to you or even see you again.” I heard Raven say in a loud whisper. They were right. I lost her. I couldn’t stand myself right now. I gave up the best thing that ever happened to me because I saw an opportunity for a stupid mission. She was the only thing I could think about. The only reason I woke up in the morning. I hurt her more than anyone else could. She didn’t let people close to her, I had finally gotten to where I could really know her and I hurt her.

I put my hand against the door as I heard her sit down on the bed and start crying. I wish I could comfort her. I won’t leave this place till I know that I’ve explained myself. I walked into the living room part of the suite and pulled the reclining chair by her door. We had decided that this was supposed to be her room while she was in the shower. I set the chair down and sat on it right as everyone got back. Josh walked over to me.

“Hey bro, did you talk to her?” he asked.

“I tried. She started crying before I could even explain myself and then she ran into her room and locked the door. I’m so stupid, Josh. I don’t even know how I thought that a mission was more important than her.” I said looking down. Some food was set down in my lap and I looked up to see Scarlet. She gave me a hug.

“It’ll be okay, go eat, and I’ll try to talk to her. Okay?” Scarlet said pulling back from her hug.

“I’m staying here till she comes out. I have to talk to her. I just… have to.” I said lamely. She just nodded and knocked on Raven’s door. The door immediately opened a crack and Scarlet pushed her way in. Before the door closed I saw Raven’s puffy red eyes as she hugged Scar.

Raven’s Pov

I let scarlet in and immediately collapsed onto her. She just hugged me tight and told me it would be alright. As I went and sat back on the bed furiously wiping at the tears streaming down my face there was another knock on the door. Scarlet went over to it and peaked out. She then opened the door as Destine pushed her way in. She came over and gave me a hug.

“So, explain to me what happened. I know that you and Damian were once a couple and that he hurt you, but no one will tell me what happened.” I looked down at my hands and told her the story.

“Raven, did you ever think that maybe it was only mission stuff. He loves you more than anything in this world. Maybe he was doing it for you. The girl is connected to the ones who killed your parents. He hasn’t left the outside of your door. He isn’t eating. You both are suffering from this. You love each other too much to not at least try to work it out. Please, if not for you two, then do it for Scarlet and I. We can’t stand you suffering this much. We hate him for hurting you but he is too pathetic to not feel sorry for right now.”

“It just hurts so much. I love him more than anything but I can’t deal with him going after other girls. It’s happened to me before, more than once. It is one of the things I fear most. That he will discover someone better than me and decide I’m not worth it. I know he can do better than me. I know he deserves better than me. Maybe that girl is what he deserves.” I finished still looking down on at my hands. I looked up to see Damian standing there instead of Scarlet and Destine.

“Destine told me to come in.”

“How much did you hear?” I asked

“Enough to know that you are completely crazy, I came in right as you said you couldn’t deal with me going after other girls.” I looked away and he sat on the floor in front of me. “Look at me please. I never look at other girls the same way I look at you. I need you more than anything on this Earth. I can’t function without you.” He scooted closer to me and put his hands on either side of me. Not quite touching me but close enough that I fell into his arms and just cried. He pulled me closer to him and rocked back and forth. “I need you. Please, forgive me, please.” I put my arms around his neck and cried onto his shoulder. “Don’t cry. I hate it when you cry.” He said and kissed the top of my head.

After I finally calmed down I looked at him. He wiped both of my cheeks off with his thumb and gave me a tentative smile. I laid my head down on his shoulder and he picked me up. He moved so he was lying on the bed with me halfway on top of him. As I was drifting off to sleep I heard him whisper “Thank you Destine, I owe you more than you will ever know.” Then I fell asleep to him rubbing my back and humming a song to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow guys two chapters in one day!
i was in a writing mood. lol

comments would be wonderful!

Kit Kat