We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Without You, There Isn't a Me.

Destine’s Po

I took the letter from him. We both stood up and walked inside. We stopped at my bedroom door and kissed me softly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said and walked away. I made a little squeak. I didn’t want him to go. He looked back at me and smiled. Then went down that stairs and out of my sight. I walked into my room and carefully closed the door. I thought about what happened two days ago.

Two Days Prior

I was sitting on the kitchen counter watching Jace cook. He looked over at the counter every few minutes and once in a while walked over and gave me a kiss. I just sat there smiling. I think I love this boy. I just wish he got along better with my family.

It was Jace’s turn to cook the pack meal. There was so much food I thought we were feeding a hotel that had no empty rooms. The pack came in joking with each other. All of them were covered in mud. Like head to toe all I could see was mud.

“Don’t you dare walk through the house like that!” I said. I had spent all day cleaning out the carpets. They had literally turned the white carpets black in a trail to the bathroom.

“What do you expect us to do?” Van asked.

“Go outside and hose each other off with the hose… or have a water balloon fight. Or just strip but make sure you have towels. I don’t want to see any of that.”

“Aww come on, Dest. You’re really going to make us go back outside?” Eric asked

“Yep.” I said and Jace turned around and nodded.

“Damn dude, you’re horrible.” Owen said.

“He’s only siding with her because he wants to tap that. He said it himself. Don’t you remember, we kept our alpha from getting some.” Parker stated walking back out the door. I jumped off the counter.

“What was that Parker?” I asked

“You heard me. You’re nothing more than a lay to him.” He said and walked out. I turned around to see Jace shaking.

“Is that true? You said all that? Don’t lie to me.” I said looking him in the eyes. I know I radiated hurt, if he really said that I don’t know what I’m going to do. The entire pack froze and looked at Parker with hate.

“Dude, what the hell?” Matt said.

“Guys, go outside. I have to talk to Destine.” Jace said and my heart dropped. He said that. The guys all filed out the door and I walked out of the kitchen. Jace followed me a few minutes later, I think after he turned off all the burners cooking the food. I was looking out a window hugging myself when he walked up behind me and put his arms around me. I pulled out of his arms.

“Did you say that?” I asked

“I never meant it like that-“

“Did you say that?” I interrupted him. He looked down in shame.

“Yeah, but it was just locker room talk.”

“I don’t care. You said it. I’m nothing to you Jace. We’re over.” I said with tears coming out of my eyes.

“Dest, please. Don’t do this to me. I need you.” I said walking closer.

“No, no you don’t. You don’t care about me. You care about getting laid. I don’t know how I ever trusted you. You’re just like the rest of the guys I dated. You play with my emotions just so I will sleep with you. Stay away from me Jace.” I yelled at him and stormed out of the room. I went up stairs and started to go to our room. I mean Jace’s room but stopped. Instead I went into Matty’s room. I sat on his bed and cried. He was my favorite out of the entire pack, well besides Jace. As much as I didn’t want to, I was falling or maybe had already fallen, for him. Matt walked into his room and saw me. He quietly closed his door and walked over to me.

“Hey little one. Don’t cry.” He said sitting down next to me. I pulled him into a hug and he just held me while I balled my eyes out. “He didn’t mean it like that. I’m his second I would know. Relax; everything will be ok. He isn’t like any other guy. He’s downstairs freaking out. Well yelling at Parker but he’s having problems controlling his wolf. He has never had that problem! You took away his control. You mean everything to him. Don’t leave him; I don’t think he could take it.” Matt told me carefully.

“I know that I can’t leave him but that doesn’t mean that I’m not mad at him. I’ll stay for a few days and see if he can make it up to me while I’m here. If he can’t I’m going home but not forever, I can’t leave him and come out unbroken. I’ll give him two days. Then he has to take me home.” I said sitting back on his bed.

Present

He’d give up the pack for me. That’s all that was running through my mind. I looked down at the letter and decided to open it.

Destine,
You mean more to me than you’ll ever know. Without you I don’t have reason to go on. I didn’t mean what I said, Parker and Van are going to try and take over the pack soon and if I said you mattered so much to me they wouldn’t hesitate to hurt you. I can’t even stand the thought of that. I never meant for you to find out or get hurt. Without you my wolf is going crazy. I can’t control him anymore and I don’t want to hurt anyone because of my lack of control. He likes you; you’re the only girl he’s ever liked. He wants you back too. You are the only one for me. Please baby, forgive me. Without you, there isn’t a me. I need you to go on. Please forgive me Destine.

Jace

I have to forgive him now. How could I not? He went through all the trouble of planning today and wrote me this letter. He didn’t mean it and I understand why he didn’t leave me alone with those two. I miss him already. I ran out my door, down the stairs, grabbed the keys to my car, my coat, and went to run out the door. I opened the door and Matt was standing there looking devastated. Something happened. I froze.

“What’s wrong Matt?” I asked timidly

“He’s been challenged and I don’t think he can win the fight right now.” He said looking at his feet.

“What do you mean he’s been challenged?”

“Van and Parker challenged us for the pack. He is fighting first and I’m not sure that he can win.” Matt said finally looking up.

“Then why are we here? We have to get there before the fight starts!” I said going to push past him.

“They can’t start until the entire pack is there; they thought they were smart to challenge him right when he got back from here. They didn’t remember that because you are his imprint you are officially pack. You and Alex have to be there too. Alex is on Parker’s side. So if he loses she and Parker can’t come around anymore. If he doesn’t die that is.” Matt explained

“Let’s go. I want to see Jace before he fights.” I said urgently.

“You can’t. Once he has been challenged he can only talk to me because I’m his second. His challenge means that I am also challenged. Right after it happened he looked at me and told me to come get you. He can’t leave because he is fighting first but I can leave until his fight starts. He said that I was the only one you both trusted so I had to come get you.”

“All right Matty, let’s go. I want to see my Jace.” I said and we walked to his car. He started the engine and we started towards home.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please! seriously people, comment!

well i'm updating like crazy, you can thank Skizzles for that one. haha stupid bestie!

Kit Kat