We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Need to Be Safe

Destine’s Pov

The drive to Jace’s house was the longest drive of my life. Matt turned the music on low and looked over at me. I was anxious and couldn’t sit still. I kept moving around and chewing on my lip.

“Relax. We can’t do anything, so stop freaking out.” Matt said and I could tell that my nervousness was starting to get to him.

“Matt?”

“Yeah, Dest?”

“He said that he’d give up the pack for me.” I said quietly

“I know he would. The pack means a lot to him Destine. He has broken up with girls for the pack but you mean so much to him. He really will do anything for you. I’ve known him since we were kids and he has never looked at another girl the way he looks at you. He’ll do anything for you Destine.” Matt said not looking at me. He gripped the steering wheel and looked straight ahead. “He can’t survive without you. He wouldn’t want to. Please, please tell me you’re not going to leave him.” He said finally looking over at me.

“I can’t. I don’t want to live without him. I wouldn’t be whole.” I said as we pulled into Jace’s driveway.

I saw Eric walk out of the house and nod. I looked over at Matt and asked him what that was about.

“He wanted me to know it was safe to bring you in. All of us loyal to Jace, which is the entire pack but the two challenging is us, has a job to do. Our job is to protect you. Right now you are the in charge of the pack.”

“What? Why me?” I said freaking out.

“Relax; you are our alpha’s mate. Therefore you rank the highest. Even higher than me.” he said

“What? Why? I’m not even wolf.” I said

“Chill, we have to go now. The fight will start any minute.” He said leading me inside. As soon as I walked into the house I was surrounded by the pack. We walked through the house and out to the back. I saw Jace sitting on a fallen tree staring at the ground.

“Can I talk to him?” I asked who ever would answer.

“No.” the entire pack said sadly. I looked down and wiped a tear from my eye. I need to talk to him. He might lose if I don’t. As soon as I got to the beach the pack all moved so I was in the front with Matt right next to me.

“Why did they do that?” I asked Matt looking back at the pack.

“They are acknowledging that you are higher than they are. They like you and trust you to help our alpha lead the pack Destine.” I nodded surprised. They trust me. It meant a lot that they would accept an outsider to help lead their pack. Suddenly both Jace and Parker stood up. The fight was about to start. I looked at Matt and he nodded at me.

“Matty, I have to talk to him. I don’t know if he can win. He thinks I’m mad at him still.” I said worriedly.

“Don’t worry. It means something that you walked out here on your own and I didn’t have to drag you out here. Now remember don’t block me because I might have to step in.” He said and I nodded. I moved out of the way and looked back at the pack. All of them were nervous; they knew he was having problems with his wolf since I left. I bit my lip and looked at Jace.

Parker and Jace were circling each other now. Parker looked ready to fight and Jace looked like he was ready to give up. “Jace” I said and he looked over at me. Parker took that as a sign to move and hit Jace. Jace’s head snapped back and forth as Parker hit him. He then swung around and kicked him in the stomach. Jace got up and watched Parker. He hit him in the stomach but Parker was faster and hit him in the stomach and the face. Jace was knocked down again.

“Jace!” I screamed. He looked over at me, shook his head, and looked away. “I love you.” I said rather loudly. He looked over at me and stood up. Parker went to hit him from behind but Jace grabbed his arm.

Everyone was so captured by the fight that they didn’t notice Van slowly creeping toward me. Jace was finally holding his own. I was just about to relax when Van grabbed me. Everyone froze and looked at him.

“What are you doing? You idiot!” Parker shouted. The entire pack circled Van and I. First of all he had broken the rules and because of that the fight had become a pack problem. He had also threatened the pack’s mate. Jace knocked out Parker and raced over to the circle surrounding Van and me.

Jace’s POV

Destine looked at me and I could see how scared she was. Her eyes were big and she wouldn’t look at anyone but me. Her eyes were screaming ‘help me.’ Van pulled out a knife and held it to her throat. No, she couldn’t get hurt. The pack was supposed to protect her while I couldn’t. I even called Damian to have him look after her. I needed her to be safe and while she was by me she gets hurt. I am the reason she is in danger. I’m going to kill them both! Parker and Van are dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Skizzels you better not stop writing! If you stop writing I will and I’ll delete this entire story from everywhere. That means no more Jace.

Sorry it's been so long since I’ve updated.
It’s been a crazy week and I’ve been exhausted.

Please, please comment.