We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Injured?

Jace’s Pov

I took a step forward and Van brought the knife closer to her neck. I froze.

“Come any closer and your girlfriend doesn’t have a head.” Van said sinisterly. I saw Destine stop struggling try to stand still. I have to save her. I looked around at the pack. Directly across from me stood Matt and he looked extremely mad. He was shaking and I have to help him control his wolf before he shifts. If he shifts he might hurt Destine and I nor he will ever forgive himself. He sees Destine like a little sister and can’t imagine her dead. We both started inching in but doing it so slowly it didn’t feel like we were going anywhere. We were about five feet away when he realized that I had somehow gotten closer. He didn’t notice Matt so he backed up. Right toward Matt. Matt grabbed him and he was so startled that he let go of Destine for a few seconds.

A few seconds was enough. She ran right into my arms. I held her tightly in my arms as Matt knocked Van out. The pack went into action; they tied both of the traders up and carried them inside. I stood there for a few minutes just holding Destine.

“I love you.” She whispered and I crushed her to me.

“I love you too.” I said as I kissed her forehead. “But, damn, you have to be more aware or I’m going to have to put you in a rubber room!”

Destine’s POV

I laughed and put my head on his shoulder. He picked me up, carried me inside, and sat on the couch.

“I know it’s late, but I just want to relax and watch a movie with my baby.” He said and I snuggled into him. I woke up the next morning in Jace’s room. I slipped on one of his shirts and a pair of his boxers. They were really big on me but I didn’t care, they were comfy. I walked out of the room and heard Jace yelling in a furious whisper at Matty.

“God, he got me good man. I don’t know how I carried her in. My body is like dead. Seriously stitches, bruises, and all this other junk.” I walked up behind him and saw him all black, blue, bloody, and hurting. I felt guilty. If it wasn’t for me he would have easily won that fight. I carefully kissed his cheek.

“Morning.” I said and pulled myself up onto the counter. I looked a shirtless Jace over. He had a black eye, swollen jaw, cuts all over his face, probably broken ribs; his entire torso was black and blue and none of it looked like it was healing pretty fast. I must have had a sad look on my face.

“It isn’t as bad as it looks I swear.” Jace said

“I thought you healed super fast? Why isn’t that all healing?” I said worriedly.

“I heal the worst wounds first. It just means I probably have some internal damage that needs more attention than these.” He said gesturing to his rib area.

“I’m going to go call Raven. I’ll be in your room if you need me Jace.” I said and pushed myself off the counter. I walked upstairs and pulled out my cell phone.

“Hello chica poo.” She answered

“Hey, I have a question for you.” I said while pacing.

“Sure, what is it?” she asked

“How serious do a werewolf’s injuries have to be for him to not be healing the black and blue bruises?” I said. And I could hear her turn serious.

“What happened? I was wondering what happened to you.” She said

“How serious Rave?” I said ignoring her question.

“Pretty bad, he probably should stay away from the pack before they find out. It might bring forward more traders that will challenge him. If it is as bad as it sounds then he won’t be winning any fights. You have to get him somewhere safe Dest.” She said and I thought about where I could take him.

“Raven, I have a serious question. I know it will be hard but I need this.” I said

“Anything Destine, you know we will all do whatever you need.”

“I need Jace to stay at the house for a while.” I sat there in silence for a while. “Can he?” I asked.

“Of course, whatever you need!” She said.

“Thanks, I just have to convince him to come over and we’ll be over.” I said thinking about how I was going to get him over to the house.

“Alright bye.” She said and we both hung up. Right as I put the phone down Jace hobbled into the room.

“Baby, how would you feel about staying at my house for a few days?” I asked and he just looked at me.

“Why?” He asked suspiciously.

“I want you to get closer to my family, well the whole pack. They aren’t a threat to you and I want you guys to know that.” I said

“Alright, when do you want to go?” he asked

“Now?” I inquired. He breathed in deep breath and nodded.

“Alright let me just pack a few things.” He said and sat on the bed.

“I’ll do it. Why don’t you start heading down to the car when you’re ready?” He nodded and got up. I was so excited. I’m bringing the love of my life home to meet my family. I’m nervous. I hope him and the boys don’t get into a fight. I packed all the clothes we both needed since a lot of my things were here now. Then went down to the car and put all the stuff in. Jace was asleep in the passenger seat. I smiled and started the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please PLEASE comment!