We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Power of Persuasion

Damian’s POV
I woke up this morning expecting Raven to be sleeping peacefully next to me. I was wrong. Her side of the bed looked like no one had slept in it. The covers still perfectly made and tucked in. Raven doesn’t make the bed…ever. So I know that she didn’t just wake up early. Sighing I got up to get dressed. Clad in my jeans and a black t-shirt I began the search. I walked into the kitchen to find Scarlet and Josh eating.

“Hey, have you seen Raven? She didn’t come to bed last night.”

“Umm, I think Destine said she saw Raven. I didn’t ask where, sorry. Last I saw Destine she was in her room.” Scarlet said while finishing her bowl of Froot Loops. I nodded and walked back upstairs to Destine and Jace’s room. I go to knock on the door and it opens. Destine runs out of her room and straight into me. She falls backward into the wall.

“Ouch, don’t you know you aren’t supposed to stand in front of someone’s door when they’re trying to leave?” Destine said getting up and rubbing her butt. I smile
“Well I was just about to knock when you ran into me.”

“Oh, so what did you want?” She asked as Jace walked up behind her.

“To find Raven, Scarlet said that you’ve seen her recently. She never came to bed last night.” Destine sighs.

“Yeah, I’ve seen her. When we were going to bed she went to the range and when I woke up this morning I went down there and she was still there. That was only like ten minutes ago so that’s probably where she is. This is her second night with no sleep in a row.” She said worriedly.

“Yeah, I know. She was so excited about spying on Sara she couldn’t sleep. Well I’m going to go see if I can find her. Maybe calm her down.” I said turning and walking away. I walked into the gun range to find Raven cleaning her 9mm. She looked up for a few seconds and then continued what she was doing with a soft
“Hey”. I walked toward her passing the garbage can on my way and glanced in. I had to pause because I could see nothing but bullet shells. All sizes and shapes. She had to have used every gun we own. “What are you doing?” She asked appearing next to me.

“Looking at what you’ve been doing for the past 6 hours. You didn’t come to bed last night and I know you didn’t sleep the night before that.” I finally looked at her closely. She looked exhausted. Bags under her eyes and drooping eyelids. She walked back over to the 9mm and finished putting it back together.

“Yeah, not tired I guess. I cleaned all the guns and made sure they all work.” She was leaning against the table but I don’t think she was aware of how much she was relying on it. I watched her put the gun back in its proper place and lock the safe. I went and picked her up. She started to freak but I didn’t give her a choice. Carrying her bridal style up the stairs and into our rooms.

“You need sleep” I said setting her down on the bed and laying next to her. I pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her. Successfully disabling her getaway plan.

“I’m not tired.” She said hiding a yawn.

Ten minutes later she was in a deep sleep. I sighed and moved so I was comfy. I heard someone enter the room from the balcony. They must think we were both asleep. I reached under the pillow vary slowly and grabbed the 9mm. It was there for situations just like this. This isn’t the first time someone had crept into our home thinking we were unaware. I heard their muffled footsteps coming closer to the bed. I moved the gun and it was pointed straight between their eyes.

“Who are you and what do you want?” I asked carefully getting up so I didn’t disturb my finally sleeping girlfriend. The man was short, about 5’6”. He had a black ski mask on and deep green eyes were staring at me through the eye holes. He was wearing all back and I grabbed a gun off of his belt. It was a 9mm much like mine but this was the cheapest you could get. My gun was top end and his was bottom. I sounded the silent alarms and everyone crept into my room silently. They all had their own weapons. The man silently put his hands on his head and Jace grabbed him. Scar gave him handcuff and they lead the handcuffed man out of the room. I checked on Raven and then followed them.

The man still wasn’t talking. He held quiet and glared into our eyes defiantly. Josh just smiled. It was his turn to interrogate a prisoner. He took a chair and turned it around backwards. He straddled the back of the chair and stared at your guest.

“Who are you?” He asked using his power to “persuade” our guest to speak. The guy opened his mouth and shook his head. Fighting the compulsion.

“What are you people?” He asked finally grasping the situation he was in. Josh smiled a creepy smile.

“You don’t want to know. Just tell us who you are and why you’re here and maybe we’ll let you go.” No way in hell was this guy going to be let go. He threatened Raven. Not to mention the rest of us. We’re probably the last group of people you’d ever want to mess with. When the guy didn’t say anything more Josh got mad. He stood up and threw the chair he was sitting on across the room. He took out his knife and held it to the guy’s throat. “Tell us who you are and why you’re here.” He demanded pushing the knife into his throat until it drew a small amount of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
so....i'm sorry. really really sorry. because i said i was going to try to keep writing and then my mother surprised me with a vacation to Florida. this place had no Internet so i couldn't do anything....
so I'm sorry.
then school started and one of my teachers doesn't get that Honors isn't the same thing as AP (college credit) and likes to give us a lot of homework. so I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm trying please forgive me.
Comment please!
Kit Kat aka TIGER
or simply Kaitlin