Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

Just Let Me Kiss Them

I woke up to faces hovering over me; well more like one was hovering and the other was scolding him. “Pete get away let her sleep!” Patrick hissed.

“But she’s awake,” Pete said smiling at me. “Look at her pretty eyes opened and catching the light and everything,” He winked as Patrick groaned.

“Great going dipshit,”

“You woke her up didn’t you?” Jenn’s voice hissed as the door opened.

“No she woke up on her own didn’t you princess?” Pete asked batting his eyelashes.

“Sure,” I mumbled sitting up to realize I was in Jenn’s bed. “What am I doing in here?” I asked her.

“Well we didn’t want you in your room so soon,” Patrick mumbled as Jenn clenched her jaw.

I nodded and looked at her “What’d you do?” I asked knowing full well she did something.

“She fucking broke his jaw that’s what!” Pete cheered.

I looked at her incredulously before laughing. “Oh my God are you serious?” I sputtered out leaning forward and clutching my stomach. “Is it actually broken or just figuratively?” I questioned.

“Unfortunately I think it’s not literally broken... but I did do serious damage,” She grinned.

“Awe,” I sighed wiping my eyes.

“You’re not mad?” She asked a little confused.

“No, he’s an asshole I need to get over him... you did it because you’re my friend... that’s fucking amazing!” I grinned.

“So you’re better?” Patrick asked concerned.

I shrugged and laid back down placing my hand on my stomach “Well no, but I can’t let the asshole bring me down any more... I mean he’s a jerk right? So why let him win?” I shrugged. “Besides have I ever been one to mop around?”

“You’re so brave,” Pete cried pulling me into his chest.

“Pete,” I whined as the others laughed.

“Hey I got an idea!” He cheered.

“Hope you didn’t hurt yourself,” Patrick snickered.

“Shut up, it’s genius,” Pete glared letting go of me. “To get better you’ve got to get out there again!” He exclaimed at me.

“Thank you captain obvious,” Jenn rolled her eyes.

“Thank you Petey but I’m not ready to date after only what, 4 hours? Besides I’d need someone to be interested before I could even think about dating, and I don’t think there’s any fish biting,” I smiled appreciatively.

“Yeah genius idea,” Patrick rolled his eyes before getting up “I’m going to make some lunch anyone wanna help?” He asked.

“I will,” Jenn volunteered getting up and joining Patrick and leaving the room.

“It was a genius idea,” Pete mumbled.

“It was, just the timing’s off,” I comforted him by patting on his shoulder.

He looked up at me through his long lashes “Only on the recovering part,” He muttered.

I paused confused “What do you mean?”

“You said you’d need someone interested, and well... how do you know someone’s not interested?” He asked quickly.

“You’re right I don’t, because I’ve been with William for the last little bit, but that’s also why I think no one’s interested,” I pointed out.

“Well yeah, I guess that could work,” He agreed light heartedly.

“What’s going on in that head of yours Wentz?” I asked cracking a smile in hopes of making him cheer up, for some reason he seemed a little blue.

“Nothing, nothing just, just thinking...” He trailed off.

“Okay you repeated yourself something’s on your brain, and you’re going to tell me whether you like it or not,” I stated straddling his waist as I faced him to interrogate him.

“No,” He whined childishly before pausing “This isn’t helping any,” He whispered slowly his eyes locked on our touching hips.

It only took me a second to realize what he meant by that, and my eyes widened as I stared at him... no way! He sighed and looked up at me seeming to read my mind and nodded slowly. He leaned up slowly his eyes closing as his face neared mine, I pulled back though “Pete, it’s, it’s too soon,” I stuttered “I don’t want there to be the slightest possibility that you’re a rebound,” I added.

“I honestly don’t care,” He whispered his breath hot on my lips.

“But, but I do,” I said more sternly.

He sighed dejectedly but nodded “You’re right; you’re not that kind of a person,”

I got off of his lap and pulled my knees to my chest “I’m sorry,” I muttered.

He leaned over and hugged me tightly “Don’t be, I should be sorry,”

“You’re forgiven,” I whispered as I avoided his eyes. He sighed and let go of me standing up and joining Patrick and Jenn out in the kitchen. While I slipped into a dark mental hole full of confusion and despair, the same hole I usually tried to stay clear of at all times and costs.
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe...
leave some love?
♥