I Saw Her Standing There

Change

“Does everyone have their outfits sorted?”

“Check,” Taylor nodded in an unusually lifeless tone.

“Do we know if people are coming or not?”

“Check again,” Raychel replied. “But there's a lot of guys who don't want to wear tight and bright,”

“They can just go for bright then,” I suggested. “Like those awful Hawaiian shirts!”

“Oh!” Jay exclaimed. “I have one of them with matching shorts,” Niki glared at him while everyone else smirked.

“That doesn't surprise me,”

“So am I the only guy going for the latex and spandex look?”

“Sam will go for something a bit outrageous I'm sure,” Sarah added. “I don't think JB is,” She looked towards Raychel who shrugged.

“I'm thinking the Hawaiian style,” She added. “So does everyone know what we're doing today?”

“I'm in charge off food with Moose and Taylor!” Niki said. “Raychel you and Sarah are off to get decorations. And Jay and Matt your-” Niki paused looking at the pair who both shrugged. “I'm sure I gave you something to do!”

“Alcohol,” Taylor muttered.

“Oh yeah, go the alcohol guys,”

“How come Padge doesn't have to do anything,”

“Because someone has to keep me entertained,” I smirked as Padge laughed with a little nod.

“No you two there's balloons that need blowing up in the living room,”

“But it's my birthday,” I mumbled earning a glare from Niki.

“Balloons now! Rest of you get to it!” She snapped. “Oh and Rhian, one more thing, happy birthday!”

“Thank you!” I giggled wondering off into the living to blow up balloons.
It didn't take long for everyone to disappear off, Padge went to do something as well, so I was soon surrounded by balloons, all covered in “18th Birthday”, banners had the same message scrawled across, mostly themed around purple and blue colours. It was all so pretty; rather perfect. This was Niki and Jay's house, where the party was going to be held; well more the after party. The real party was us lot going clubbing and getting completely wasted; I'd already decided I was not the clubbing type but this was all to keep Niki happy.

Something every one was trying to do right now; keep each other happy.

Remember the really good news Taylor had. Well turns out it was fucking amazing news for her; but the worst news ever for Matt.

Taylor was offered a job on film sets in America, hair and make up, as well as more training in the gross side of it all. Like the blood guts, and theatrical make up side; she'd done loads of it as a teenager and then had to take a break to get a job that was going to pay for university. Now she wanted more than ever to go back to her passion.

The thing is, America, Taylor was going home. It didn't look like anything was going to stop her; she was career driven, and I almost felt sorry for her. What Taylor and Matt had was perfect; or at least that's what I'd been lead to believe. I guess the fairy tale facade, was in fact that; it was all a bit of an act.

The pair are still together, cause I think everyone knows they love each other and have been together for two years now; but this job is really causing a rift. The worst part of it all is Taylor had to go away before Christmas for two weeks, hence my party being the last night for her to be here. She was leaving on the 8th December, my birthday being 7th.

I told them to go out on their own, just spend time together but both had insisted they wanted to be with me on my 18th. This wasn't helping my guilt.

“Hey birthday girl!” I smiled feeling my boyfriends arms wrap around my waist, his lips pressing a soft kiss against my head. “Okay sweetie?”

“Mmm, just thinking,”

“Oh dear!” He laughed, moving to sit down next to me on the floor. “What's up?”

“Taylor and Matt,” I sighed.

“Seriously stop worrying about them, it's fine,” Padge replied stroking a few random strands of hair off my face. “It's your birthday for fuck sake,” He chuckled moving to hug me. “Birthday sex?”

“I like that idea,” I whispered back, wrapping my arms around his neck to hug him tightly. “I liked it at 1am this morning, and I like it now,” Padge just laughed kissing down my neck.

“I have the cake!”

“I was about to have the birthday girl,” Padge mumbled making me laugh as his head flopped down to rest on my shoulder. “Not fair,”

“Poor baby,” I chuckled kissing the top of his head, my fingers running through his fine hair. “Love you,”

“Oh your here!” Niki spoke up seeing me sitting in the middle of the room with Padge, surrounded by balloons. “And you've only done half the balloons,” Oh well that's charming.

No thank you Rhian for blowing up all these balloons, for your own birthday.

“Sorry,” I smiled making Niki chuckle. “Someone distracted me,”

“Don't blame this one on me babe,” Padge spoke up moving his head from my shoulder and gazed over to Niki. “Cake?”

“For later, now you go take her away from here, she's not meant to be setting up her own party, understood?”

“Understood,” Padge smirked; he knew that meant he didn't have to do much work either, jammy bastard. “Let's go lovely,”

“I know what your up too,” I smirked as we said goodbye to Niki and were shooed out of the house.

“I have no idea what you mean darling,” Padge smiled looking down at me.

“Michael Paget your just lazy!” He gasped in shock.

“That I must say hurt, but I am still willing to take you back if you apologise for such a hurtful comment!” I raised my eyebrows at the fully grown man in front of me acting like such a girl.

“Nope,” Padge looked at me for a few seconds before letting go of my hand and moving away. “You are such a girl,”

“Unlike you,”

“Mean!” I replied grabbing his hand and pulling him back towards me. “You love me right?” Padge just looked at me and nodded.

“More than anything sweetheart,” I blushed, feeling that warm fuzzy feeling take over my whole body as Padge's hand linked with mine properly. “I have no idea what I'd do if I lost you all over again, fucked me up last time,”

“It won't happen again,” I repeated calmly stopping in the middle of the pavement and leaning up to kiss his lips. “Never,”

“I know,” Padge didn't move back, he just held me there, the pair of us blocking off the pathway. “You don't need to worry about that,” I smiled kissing him softly, once again. “Back to mine?”

“Nope, I'm going to mine to get ready, sorry! You can come with for a bit?”

“I might do, at least walk you back,” I smiled brightly, loving that he still treated me like this, he was protective and I really didn't mind.

“What you wearing tonight then?” I questioned, knowing I wasn't going to get a serious answer from him.

“Clothes,”

“What kind of clothes? Oh the white shirt!” I suddenly gasped making Padge laugh. “Please?”

“What is it with that white shirt?” He sighed linking his hand with mine as we made our way towards the park, just so we could walk through there to get to my house. Padge was always scared Sarah would jump out somewhere in this park and attack him; an understandable fear really!

“I just like you in the white shirt,” I smiled sweetly.

“I like you in just underwear, but will you wear that out tonight?”

“No,” I huffed. “Well yes, but not just underwear!” Padge started to laugh looking over at me with a devious smirk. “Oh fine wear whatever!” I huffed in annoyance still smiling at him. “Just please consider the white shirt?”I smiled sweetly as we turned out of the park and towards my road.

“Maybe,”

“Thank you, now what time are we getting their tonight?”

“We're going into the pub at 7pm,”

“Pub?”

“Yeah then to Ignite, then back to Niki and Jays,”

“Oh I see!” I smiled, liking the idea of a night in Weatherspoons then going to the club. I still didn't want to go clubbing, dancing in a large room surrounded by sweaty guys and wasted girls. This wasn't my idea of a night out. I was more a pub girl; which I think Padge appreciated, he wasn't the dancing type unless you count moshing at gigs, which I don't! “So I'm guessing your not gonna wear tight and bright?”

“Stop asking me what I'm wearing!” Padge huffed making me laugh.

“sorry hun,”

“Will be,”

“Oh fighting talk?” Padge just shrugged wrapping an arm round my waist as we reached my house; the parents were at work, so I was home alone for the birthday. “Really what are you wearing?”

“Why the hell does it matter so much?”

“Cause Niki told me to make sure you wore something at least bright, not all black,” I huffed giving in straight away. “Hence the white, white is bright,” Padge just smiled at me leaning down and kissing my forehead.

“Your one strange girl,”

“Ah huh, just wear white,” I huffed at him slipping the key out of my pocket and wlaking up the pathway. “You coming?”

“Yeah, and you are aware white means innocent and I'm not at all in anyway,”

“Padge!”

“Rhian!”

“Fine!” I whined. “Seriously are you coming in or not?” I questioned leaning against the door as I pushed it open. “Padge?” He was standing at the end of the pathway just staring at the house. “Are you okay?”

“I dunno,”

“My parents aren't in!” I chuckled staring at the 27 year old man who was petrified of coming into this house.

“It's not that, it's just the last time I was here,” I paused trying to remember the last time Padge had ever been here, then it flicked into mine. Oh the sex and the walking off without a word; good times.

“Come on,” I smiled putting my hand out as an offer. “Please?” I smiled sweetly making him chuckle awkwardly. “Padge your always welcome here right? I want you here,” Padge sighed rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. “Wimp,” I muttered making him look up.

“Oh yeah says you,” He huffed slowly stepping towards the house and making his way towards me.

“One small step for man,” I smiled as he reached the front door and I pulled him in. “Such a bloody girl sometimes,” I chuckled pushing him against the wall to kiss him, kicking the door shut.

“Yeah but a girl you quite love!” He muttered wrapping his arms around my waist. My lips pressed forcefully against his, my tongue running across his bottom lip waiting for him to let me in. This was fun, just for once having a little bit of control over him. My hands stayed around his neck, my body pressed up against him, I didn't have to reach that high to kiss him, we were similar heights. His hands strayed up my shirt, finger tips running across my spine; and his hair fell across my face for once left down instead of tied up. He moved ever so slightly, breaking the kiss, but letting me continue to kiss down his neck. Padge rarely moaned, he didn't make that much sound, but as I bit down on his neck I heard a quiet moan. When he moaned it just turned me on more; it meant I was doing something right. I let my hands slide down his shirt, dancing across the denim jeans. “I wouldn't tease me sweetheart,” Padge mumbled his fingers entangling in my hair.

“What If I want to?”

“Then your just mean,” He chuckled gasping slightly as I slid the zip down. “I like this side,” He mumbled letting me fall to my knees in front of him.

I guess sometimes you just had to give the other way ago.

Every now and then swap roles, because life needs change.

I was starting to believe that maybe my life was pretty perfect though. I had college sorted, things were going well there, my friends were all doing really well (well except Taylor and Matt! But things were seeming okay!) and Padge and I were very happy.

What could possibly go wrong?

Jinxed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!!!
One week!!!!!
thats all.
x