I'd Kiss You Goodbye If I Thought It Would Make You Stay

Obvious

“It’s obvious, right here’s where the party starts, with you and me, all alone, no one has to know…It’s obvious to me, how its gonna be. Obvious, when you come close to me. It’s obvious, one kiss, it’s easy to see, you and me.” – Hey Monday

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It’s a few days later, Michael’s bandages are off, and his bruises have mostly healed, so I feel slightly less guilty.

Michael’s moved into my new apartment with me; the day has been filled with unpacking his few boxes of belongings.

We had invited everyone over for movies and pizza, but they had all left about an hour ago, leaving Michael and I with some peace and quiet.

We’re talking softly in between stealing kisses, sitting on the couch, legs overlapping, alone together. The tv’s on, but we’re obviously not paying it any attention. His hand rests on my leg, fingers grazing the fabric of my jeans as we talk and I intertwine my fingers with his, unable to keep the smile off my face.

Soon, we decide to turn off the tv and head for the bedroom, seeing as it’s pretty late.

He follows me tomy our room to continue our conversation, and I start to change for bed, not thinking twice about it. It’s as if we never broke up.

“Anyways,” I begin, turning to my dresser to pick out something to sleep in from my endless collection of Snakes & Suits and Clandestine t-shirts. I shiver, suddenly feeling his hands on my uncovered waist. I’m very aware of my breathing becoming shorter and countless goose bumps rising on my skin as his calloused fingers run up my torso, pulling me to him.

And then his lips are resting on my bare neck. They’re just there, but I can’t think straight to save my life, my legs are going numb, and I can feel the heat from his body radiating centimeters away from mine. His strong arms are back around my waist and I can’t remember why I kept pushing him away when it feels so right when he’s so close like he is right now, resting his head against mine, breath hot on my neck. Then I wonder if he can hear my heart thumping in my chest, because I swear it’s a million times louder than usual-

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

She turns to face me, eagerly pulling my face closer to hers to kiss. I wind my arms around her waist, holding her against me as our mouths move together in harmonization.

My skin burns at the contact with hers. She moves her hands from my hair down to work on the buttons of my collared shirt, exposing my chest. I shrug it off easily and it falls to the floor as we continue kissing as if the world is ending.

“I love you,” I tell her, pulling away for a few seconds to look her in the eyes, holding her face in my hands. She smiles and I return it, brushing my thumbs over her delicate cheekbones.

“I love you too,” she replies breathlessly, without hesitation, taking my hands from her face and pulling me over to the bed. She pushes back the covers, sliding off her jeans and settling herself on the sheets.

The mattress sinks under my weight as I join her under the covers. She giggles as I tickle her neck with light kisses, making me smile against her throat.

Her jagged and uneven breathing matches mine while I stop to look down at her, running my hand up her ribcage; she’s even stunning with her hair disheveled and lips chapped from kissing.

All the doubt and worry I had become accustomed to in these past months has disappeared from her bright green eyes and I know she’s completely back to herself, and I’m back to myself as well. We’re back to normal.

Her lips return to caress mine again, her hand guiding mine towards the middle of her back.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

We quickly shed the remainder of our clothes.

I run my hands down his toned chest and back up again, hungrily rediscovering the skin I missed as his do the same, wandering from my legs up my torso and anywhere else.

My fingers grasp the muscle of his arms as we finally begin to move together, then go on to explore his back as our breathing gets even heavier and more frequent moans escape our lips.

I tighten the grip of my legs around him, pressing my face into his neck as we near the end.

And in this final moment of ecstasy, where no words need to be spoken, and nothing else matters-

…I’m finally complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
I worked hard on this chapter and rewrote it a bunch of times, so I hope it’s up to mine and everyone else’s standards.

Thanks for putting up with me: BiteeMe., See., alexaholic, daydreamer2006, fatehathnomercy, omfgz_taylor, To_Settle_The_Score, InYourEyes2410, bassrulestheworld, Shenanigans0803, RainCheck, & Angela Marie.