The Only Difference Between Brent Wilson and Jon Walker Is the Name

Chapter 7.

The rest of the tour went better than Jon could have hoped it would. The day after Jon joined Panic!, Pete brought the papers to his apartment (since they were in Chicago) and he had signed them there and then. Pete also had more than just a few words to say about Brent just disappearing.

While they were on tour still, more and more fans had heard about Jon joining the band and it wasn’t long before he was hearing fans shout his name. That made a change. He’d never heard anyone shouting his name when he had been Brent. He knew that everyone had hated Brent.

He and Ryan had been talking a lot too, in private mostly. Ryan was the only one who knew who he truly was. Ryan suggested also telling Pete about a week before the end of the tour, and Jon wasn’t sure. Maybe if he did, he could tell Brendon and Spencer to tone it down a little. In the end, he’d decided that he would tell him.

Ryan called Pete and asked him if he could fly out to the next city they’d be playing in because he and Jon both needed to talk to him. The next city also turned out to be Las Vegas. Which meant that Brendon and Spencer had been talking about going to Brent’s house and punching him in the face. Well, it was mainly Spencer saying that, since Brendon had toned down a lot on the Brent-bashing.

Luckily, it didn’t take that long to explain to Pete. After Jon had answered his questions, he promised to keep an eye on Brendon and Spencer while they were near Vegas. Pete decided to keep them on the bus and challenged them to a video game marathon. And Brendon and Spencer weren’t the type to turn that down.

So after the tour, Jon returned to Chicago and the others returned to Summerlin. They spoke everyday for maybe an hour or so, Ryan and Jon longer. It was a week after the tour finished that they all met up again. Jon had flown down to Summerlin for a week before they head off to the cabin.

While he was there, they began a Guitar Hero marathon, something that Jon and Brendon took the most seriously. Brendon was good, but Jon was almost as good as him. It was something that they were planning on continuing in the cabin, because seriously dude, they couldn’t just write and rehearse for 2 months.

The cabin was remote, really remote. But it was cosy and they all loved it at first sight. And true to what they decided, the Guitar Hero war of 2006 started. It took Jon’s mind off of Tom and William, who seemed to be talking to him less since they arrived at the cabin. It was almost like they were ignoring him.

Everything was going great at the cabin though. But, like all great things that happen, the peace wasn’t going to stay for long.

“Jon, we’ve gotta tell them.” Ryan said after a week of being there.

“Do we have to? They hate Brent, they like Jon, end of.” Jon told him.

“That’s not the point. Come on, if you could tell Pete Wentz but not Brendon and Spencer, who you’ve known for years more than Pete-”

“Ryan, just let it lie.” Jon snapped.

Ryan just looked at Jon and walked out. Jon sighed and rubbed one eye with the palm of his hand. He knew that he needed to keep his temper more under control. Maybe he should go out for a smoke, calm down a little.

Or maybe he should tell them. If he was going to do it, it would probably be easier to do it sooner rather than later. And if he didn’t do it at all, then it might just come out randomly, maybe months or years in the future. And then he’d be fucked.

He walked downstairs and saw Spencer and Brendon playing Guitar Hero while Ryan was writing in his notebook.

“Guys, I’ve got something to tell you.” Jon said, his hands in his pockets so the others couldn’t see how much they were shaking.

Brendon paused the game and they all looked up at him, Ryan with knowing eyes. He gave a little nod so he knew Jon could rely on his for backup.

“There’s something that I haven’t told you about me.”

“Like what? You don’t have herpes or some shit, do you?”

“Brendon, fucking be serious for one moment in your life.” Ryan snapped. Jon smiled a thanks to Ryan.

“Me, Jon Walker, it’s kind of a lie.” Jon started. “The day Brent disappeared was the day that Jon Walker was born, sort of. Even though it seems like he had a full life and everything, it’s just memories implanted.” Brendon and Spencer were silent for a few seconds.

“Jon, have you been lighting up without us?” Spencer raised an eyebrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Want to be Spencernized? Check out my Spentrick then!

Comments?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo