Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 9

Juvien’s P.O.V

The big day is finally here and it’s just a few hours before the commencement.

“Don’t put that there, put over there.” I point to Everad, who is putting up the decorations for Jullien’s birthday party.

We had to get rid of Jullien, so her parents agreed that Joanine go shopping with Jullien, and of course Joanine was ecstatic when I suggested the idea. She can’t get enough of shopping – it’s like a drug for her.

Time To Pretend by MGMT was ringing in my pocket. “Pronto?” (Hello)

How far are you guys with the preparations?” Joanine asks bubbling over with joy in her voice.

“We’re almost finished. Some of the food is still being cooked, the punch is ready, the finishing touches for the decorations are being put up and the cake- oh my God I have to call Genève to clarify that.” I lay out the details to Joanine.

Okay, I was just checking because Jullien is being impatient right now.

“You should have all this figured out. You know she doesn’t like shopping that much.” I giggle, knowing Joanine should have thought this through because Jullien is very stubborn when it comes to shopping with Joanine. She is irritated easily by Joanine.

Come on, at least give me credit for the past two hours.

“You need to keep her longer. What have you guys done so far?”

We bought clothes, shoes, and accessories - the usual.” Joanine says happily and certainly quite satisfied with herself.

“Keep her longer Joanine. Try doing something else like…send her to the salon or something.”

Joanine squeals at my idea. “That’s an awesome idea. Thanks Juvien, I’ll certainly do that, even if I have to drag her there.

“Okay you do that.” Finally she can keep Jullien for a few more hours

Love ya, bye.” Joanine says contented.

“I love you too.”

I hang up the phone sighing before dialing Genève’s number. Genève almost backed out on our plan for Jullien’s birthday party. He only decided to stay true to his decision because he had already decided to help out before he and Jullien stopped talking.

Sometimes I wonder why Jullien has to be so stubborn. Why can’t she forgive the guy and try and mend the damages between them? She just has to make things complicated by not talking to him and make him twinge at the mention of her name. I’m not even sure if Genève despises her or is it that he just doesn’t care about Jullien anymore. Knowing him I don’t think he’s given up on her. He hasn’t done anything wrong – that’s what I believe. I guess he’s just patiently waiting for Jullien, but then again, Jullien is way too stubborn to give up her pride and apologize.

Genève answers after the third ring. “Yes?” He asks bored.

“Is the cake ready?”

Yeah.

“Is everything in a cake she likes on it?”

Yes.

“Good, I’ll see you in a bit.”

Sure.

Genève is still angry at Jullien and the fact that he is helping preparing for her seventeenth birthday party doesn’t make it any better. He’s irritated. Using one word-answer is enough evidence to prove my point.

“Marleon where are you?” I shout scouting the living room for her.

Everad looks at me from one of the living room, “She’s in the kitchen.”

“Thanks.” I walk into the kitchen after receiving a nod from Everad. I see Marleon helping Mrs. Gustav, Mrs. Candlethrope (Juvien’s Auntie Lyn), Mrs. Bastille and Mrs. Germer.

“Hey Marleon.” She looks up at me happily while stirring a large jug filled with juice.

“Hey, what’s up?”

‘Thanks so much again for helping out.”

“No problem, I’m always happy to help.”

I look at my watch and notice we have one hour before the party begins. “You can go and get ready for the party. I’ll help with the rest of the preparations then I go and get ready.”

She looks up from the jug with uncertainty, “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, besides your house will take a few minutes to get to.”

“Okay.” She looks at the other women and the give her approving smiles. She removes her apron and heads for the kitchen door. “I’ll see you guys in a few minutes.” She gives me a pat on the back before leaving the kitchen.

Few minutes after the decorations are completely up and the food is ready, the guests star pouring in. The men (the husbands) entertain the guests while the women (wives) and my self get ready for the party. After getting ready Genève walks into the kitchen with a box in his hand.

“Ah. The cake is here. Thank you Genève.” I pat him on the back while he carefully places the box on the counter.

“You’re welcome.” He gives me a small smile before leaving the kitchen.

“Wait,” I call to him before leaves. “I know you hate Jullien for what she did. I really appreciate what you’re doing for my cousin.”

He turns slightly, his back still facing me with his cocked in my direction. “I don’t.” He leaves the kitchen disappearing around the corner.

Joanine’s P.O.V

I have been with Jullien for the past five hours trying to keep her occupied while everyone else makes the final preparations for her surprise party.

“Why couldn’t we go to my house?” She asks dumping the shopping bags on the floor.

“Be-cause I have the things here for you to look pretty for the get-together.”

She sighs and crosses her arms in front of me. “That right. It’s a get-together. There is no need to look all pretty and stuff for a get-together.”

“Of course there is. It’s your birthday. Don’t you want to look and feel pretty around your friends?” I try convincing her.

“No,” she pouts sitting on my head. “There my friends, they should accept me for who I am and not what I look like.”

I let out a huff of air, “Yeah, I’m sure they know that. But, for heaven’s sake Jullien it’s your birthday at least take some pride in how you look.”

She grunts at my comment and falls on my bed.

“Hey, you’re gonna mess up your hair. Get up.”

‘Whatever, it’s not like I’m keeping this hairstyle for long anyway.”

I walk over to where she is lying down and grab her trying to pull her off my bed. I ignore her protests and she finally sits up. “You’re going to take a shower now. I’ll be in the next bathroom taking one too.” She looks at me bored. “What are you doing? Get moving.” She grunts and walks into the bathroom.

I go into the next bathroom and quickly call Juvien. Before I get the chance to hear the full ring he answers frustrated. “Where are you and Jullien?

“We’re at my house. She’s taking a shower. We’ll be there soon.”

Well, hurry up. Everyone is asking for her.

“Hey, don’t blame me. Blame Jullien and her stubbornness.”

You guys be here in the next twenty minutes.

“Yeah.”

Okay I’ll see you then.

I immediately hang up the phone and rest it on the counter. I shower as quickly as I can and leave the bathroom. When I walk into my room I see Jullien sitting on my bed with the towel wrapped around her and playing a game on her cellular phone. I ignore her and go to my closet. I put on my underwear and the outfit I had already picked out for the party. I rush out of the closet and push Jullien in the chair in front of my mirror. I apply little foundation to her face and the new [url=]lip gloss[/url] I bought for her earlier today.

She puts on her underwear that had been brought to my room by her mother while we were shopping and the dress and shoes we bought today. I put on my shoes and look at myself in the mirror pleased. I quickly grab Jullien and place her in front of the mirror. A smile dances on her lips as her green eyes light up with excitement. She thanks me by giving me a hug and turns to look at her self again.

“I look absolutely beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all. I like this chapter. Did you like it? Please comment and tell me what you think I should improve. I also added new things to the layout. Do you guys like it? I'm begging you please make me a banner or even send me one comment. Three comments and then I'll update. That is all I ask. Trust me I've written up to chapter 15. I also have a little of chapter 16. I think you're gonna love it. Another character's personality is also given insight in one of the chapters. Please guys, just comment. I also added a song to chapter 7 so you can go and listen to that.