Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

She

I looked over and smiled at him.

“What?” he asked, a smile breaking at his lips.

“Nothing. I’m surprised you sat through Jessica talking.” I said, He shrugged his shoulders.

“Just because there’s no point to her stories, doesn’t mean she doesn’t have anything interesting to say.” he stated. I roared with laughter.

“I’m sorry Lorri’s not the most pleasant person to be around.” I said, “I’ve noticed every time you’re around, she’s sulking.”

“Yeah, well. I ignore her anyway.”

“Most of us do.” I said.

“If you guys don’t get a long that well, why do you live with her?” he asked.

“Well, I was staying with them at first cause I couldn’t take being at Austin’s house. Kendra, Jess, and Lorri have always been there for me, and even when we don’t get a long we still love each other.” I said.

“Well, I wouldn’t take it.” he said.
“But you’ll take it from the world?” I asked. He looked at me and sighed.

“The world worships me.” he said casually.

“Oh.” I said, rolling my eyes, “Right.” we both looked over at each other and broke out into laughter.

I walked into the school doors, feeling good. Wow, I don’t even have coffee. As I strolled up the main stairs and into the hallway, I heard a familiar voice call my name. I turned around to see Cassie walking fast towards me.

“Hey Cassie.” I smiled, “What’s up?”

“Are you really going to be at Chaos tomorrow?” she asked in her british voice.

“Yeah. Of course.” I said, “Are you going to perform?”

“I might. I didn’t want to go there without you guys. I’m not quite sure what I want to do yet.”

“Well that’s okay, Cassie. There will be tons of people playing I’m sure. You don’t have to go up if you don’t want to. It was just a suggestion.” I told her. We walked into my room, where she stopped and looked at the painting on the wall behind my desk.

“That is so beautiful.” she whispered.

“Thanks, you like it?” I asked her, looking through papers on my desk.

“I love it.” she said., “Wait, did you paint this yourself?”

“Yeah. It was a long time ago. I don’t do that much painting now.”

“Why not?” she asked, sitting down in a chair next to my desk.

“Well,” I began, “I just don’t have the time anymore.” I though about it for a minute, “I guess I do now, but with-never mind.”

“It’s okay you can tell me.” Cassie said.

“It’s personal.” I said. She nodded and left it at that. I just found a new respect for her.

“Do you paint?” I asked. She bit her lip and said, “No, I’ve been wanting to get into it, but I just don’t know how.”

“You don’t really need to learn. You simply draw what comes to mind.” I said, “The object is to not think about it.”

“My mother bought me a canvas. I’ve been thinking about what to put on it.” she said. I really liked talking to Cassie. It was as easy as breathing. With other students I pretended to care, but with her, I did. The rest of the day went by fast. Even though I was communicating, I was up in my thoughts. I loved painting. Why did I stop?

Right before school let out, Rob entered my room. I was in my chair, looking up at the painting created seven years ago.

“You ready?” he asked. I was quiet for a moment. He walked over and looked up. We were in silence for a while.

“Brooke,” he called, “why are you staring at this picture?”

I stopped biting on my nail long enough to say, “I’ve forgotten.”

He looked puzzled, “You’ve forgotten why you’re looking at this?”

“No.” I answered, “I’ve forgotten who I am.” I looked over at Rob, who seemed immensely confused.

“This is my painting.” I told him, “I don’t paint anymore.”

“That doesn’t mean you don’t know who you are. I used to play with my sister’s Barbies and now I don’t. I know exactly who I am.” he said. In all my attempt not to, I laughed.

“I’m serious.” I said.

“Me too.” he assured. It was quiet again, “Well, if you want to paint again, then do it. You don’t need anybody’s permission. Now, are you ready to go?”

I looked up at him, “Yeah.”

He helped me gather my stuff and as I walked out the door, I took one last look at the painting. I turned the lights off and shut the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So So So sorry this has been ignored you guys!
Sloshopgirl-You're comments always crack me up. I swear I almost peed myself when I saw that one of Claudia's bf. haha.
Cassie- There are no words for you. I don't mean that in the rag way, but a way that means you're too amazing for words. p.s-i'm wearing my star shorts again! hahaha
AND TO ANYONE ELSE- I thank you all for reading. Guess what I have 6 stars on my story and 171 readers! 33 subcribers! I wish all of you would comment. But for the people that do comment, thank you. <3
Pic behind her desk-Image