Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Guilt

It's been two days since you've last seen him. You've convinced yourself you've been left; that you'll never see him again.

You feel guilty for even letting this happen. You know it was wrong to even begin this, but you couldn't help it. The devotion he showed to you was irresistible. The way he was so gentle to you, and respected you in a way no one else makes your heart race. The emotion between the two of you was incredible. How could you fight the resistance?

You're laying in your bed again, reminiscing of the other night with your eyes falling into deep pools of emerald. You remember how you both explored each other, in between those white satin sheets you bought the previous weekend ahead of time.

The first night you two met, felt magical. It was a Saturday night, and you went to your local club in town. You remember your friend you took with you explaining every detail of the show again you just saw. A band called Green Day played at the venue down the road. It was the last show of the tour, and you friend urged both of you must go. Though you didn't know the band very well, you agreed to go because you saw the excitement in your friend's blue eyes.

You turned to get a look at the locals filling the floor. You notice from a few tables over, a man with a group of excited people surrounding him. He seemed like the center of everyone's attention, his personality was stating he was a somebody to them.

You walked towards the table, hoping to discover the fascination of this man. When you walk closer. As you walk closer, you notice the small group laughing at whatever the man said. At the same time of the laughter, you seem his head turn towards your direction. It was then you locked eyes for the first time with those emerald eyes.

You blush, you've never seen such beauty in one person's eyes. It feels like they're looking into your soul, trying to figure out your whole life story while telling you their's. Due to embarrassment and the sudden knowledge of being stared at, you turn away and head towards the bar.

When you reach there, you order your favorite, a long island iced tea. The bartender returns moments later to hand you your drink. You sip the drink slowly, trying to calm your nerves with the intoxication of alcohol. You've never talked to that man in your entire life, but you feel weak in the knees just thinking about him. You try to get a hold of yourself, wondering why your emotions resemble those of a thirteen year old hormonal girl.

Suddenly, you feel a pair of eyes staring at you.

Your hear someone say "Hello" to you. You turn around and see the eyes you were trying to forgot about with alcohol.

You say hello back, not knowing what else to say. He tell you how he noticed you staring earlier, also telling you you have beautiful brown hair. You say thank you in response to the compliment. He tells you his name is Billie Joe, and you tell him your name is Roxana. He tells you the name is as beautiful as you are. You feel you face blushing again with all the attention you are receiving.

He asks if he was buy you a drink, and you accept after first trying to not. But he wouldn't take no for an answer. You both begin talking about yourselves. You tell him how you live around the bay area, and he says he lives around there as well. You explain how you have a job at the record store down the street from your two bedroom apartment. He begins telling you he's glad to be home from months of being on the road, buy fails to answer you when you ask of his occupation. He seems amazed at the blank stare you gave when asking him. His face showed that he believed that you honestly didn't know who he was. After that, he began to seem even more relaxed.

After what seemed like hours of talking, you realize that you and him are almost the last people left in the club. You both chuckle at how neither of you noticed how long you were talking. You both decided it is time to go home, unaware of the time. Before you both depart to different directions, he calls out your name. He asks if he could see you again, he says he hasn't met anyone like you in such a long time. Naturally, you say you would love to see him again, giving him your number insisting he calls you. His eyes smile along with his mouth.

Before you turn around to leave, you feel a pair of strong arms grab your own. You're locked eyes again with those pools of emotion. He presses his lips again your own, the sensation of love overwhelming. You accept his kiss and it feels amazing, the way he pours his heart into it while being gentle. He releases from the kiss, saying goodbye and that he will call soon. He turns around, hands in his pockets, and walks away.

You're lost for words about how you feel. But, then reality comes in when you realize that your friend had left without you and you had to walk home. You shrugged it off, remembering your home was only a few minutes away in walking distance.

You leave the bar and begin walking towards your apartment building. It's fairly warm out, but there's a nice breeze that keeps you from getting hot. As you walk, all you can think about are those emerald eyes. How beautiful they are. How those eyes actually approached you and told you you're beautiful. No one has ever called you beautiful before. Sure, they're said you're pretty or cute, but never beautiful.

The only sound that can be heard is the heal on your boots. Suddenly, you hear tires ride up slowly behind you. You turn and see a pair of headlights burning into your eyes, and you turn away from the bright lights. The black SUV is now next to you and stops. You stop too, as if the car itself was asking you. The window rolls down, and you see a pair of emerald eyes.

"Why's such a pretty girl like you walking home by herself?"

You blush and chuckle softly. You explain how you're almost home anyways.

"Yes, but I would feel terrible if a man, or maybe even woman, would get a hold of you and God knows what would happen," he smiled and opened the passenger's door, a silent invitation to get in the car. You don't hesitate and jump right in.

Like you said, you were almost home. So the car couldn't have lasted more than five minutes. No words were said, but he held your hand the whole car ride. You fingers felt cold metal on them. You raised his hand to see a gold band and you stare in disbelief. A shocked expression on his face, he said it was hard to explain, but not to think the worst.

You get out of the car, thanking him quickly. He yells out that he'll call you, and not to think anything bad of him. You turn and see the determination in his green eyes that he doesn't want you to hate him. Those green eyes are painted with longing to talk to you again. Those green eyes are sparkling in the moonlight and you can't resist. You smile, and say that you'll look forward to his call.

Days after he took you home, he calls. It soon becomes a daily thing, and you look forward to talking to him. You noticed a pattern, though, of how he would suddenly hang up the phone or tell you that you had the wrong number, but he would call back the next day. After this happening numerous times, you decide to confront him.

It's then when he breaks down to you. He tells you that he has a wife, but his wife doesn't tolerate his lifestyle anymore. He tells you how he is in that band you saw the day you met. You remember how you actually watched the band play, because you were trying to actually avoid his stares from earlier. Yet you decide to leave that information out. But you know what band he is talking about: Green Day. You are surprised you didn't guess he was famous before, but that wasn't why you were falling for him. He was a genuine, caring person. And that was the person you like, not the front man of a world-known band. And those emerald eyes are what told you that.

He goes on to say him and his wife, Adrienne, have two sons together. He says how they mean the world to him, but things with his wife aren't working out the way he believed they would have been. He says that you were an amazing person, and he hoped that it wouldn't change what they had between them after being told this news.

Because you believe everything he says and want things to work out, you tell him that it doesn't matter, because you still care about him. You can hear the smile in his voice over the phone as he says his goodbyes. He says he wants to see you soon, and you tell him to call you when he's free. He says he will and hangs up.

You sigh, thinking of that old memory and of how you aren't the only woman in that man's life. You think about how he showed you his two beautiful children; how young they are. They both couldn't have been older than twelve.

You remember how that phone conversation was over a year ago, and no one has yet to discover your relationship. Even though you are proud of herself for never telling a soul about the other side to your life, guilt takes over your emotions.

Because even though you believe you've found true love, the woman that those emerald eyes is torn between has no idea you exist in his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, and please comment :)