Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Worry

You feel someone kiss your ear and whisper lightly, "Wake up, gorgeous."

You rub the sleep out of your eyes, then squint intensely at the sun shining through the opened windows. Adjusting to the light, you open your eyes slowly and see those beautiful emerald eyes. You stretch and moan good morning within the movement.

He chuckles and kisses your forehead, "You slept so long!"

You smile as you stretch again, telling him you didn't even expect to sleep this long. Then you ask him what time you went to bed.

He shrugged, "I'm not sure. I was playing in the living room for about an hour. I got worried cause I didn't think you ever came home. So I went to call you, and realized that your cell phone was still here. I went into the bedroom to get my shoes to go looking for you and there you are," he touches your face and smiles. "You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake you. So I decided to sleep in the living room, in case me moving on the bed woke you up."

You smiled and pressed your lips against his, asking how you were so lucky to have someone so amazing like he is. He smiled against your lips, "I was just going to ask the same thing about you."

You smile, asking him if he's heard anything from his wife or kids. You and everyone else knows he and his wife aren't together anymore, but he's still legally married. Plus, you felt awkward even saying her name. You figured just saying his wife was more fitting, even though you could tell it bothered him.

He ran his fingers threw his dark messy hair. You watched as each piece scattered around the frame of his face. His freshly shaved face looked smooth. You wanted to reach out and touch his face, but you resisted the urge from the long frown on his face.

He sighed, "I haven't, and I'm really worried now. What the fuck am I suppose to do? Call her mother? Thepolice? Or should I just go to the house and see if she's even there?" He put his head in his hands from frustration.

You put your hand on his shoulder. You take a deep breath, thinking about what to say before you actually say it. You decide on telling him he needs to go to the house to see if they're even there. Though you don't like the fact of him visiting his wife, after he has said he doesn't want to be with her, you know he needs to see his boys and know that they're okay.

He rubs his neck, one of his nervous habits that always made you smile. He didn't even realize he did it when you pointed it out to him, making it even cuter. You stopped after a while telling him, since you figured he was never going to catch on to how many times he has done it.

"I'm so nervous, Rox. What if she's there and tells me I can't see the boys? Or tells me never to talk to them ever again? What if she isn't even there? I may not ever see my boys again."

You tell him to calm down, and that if he doesn't go check it out now he's going to worry himself sick. You tell him that it's better to know for sure than to create these scenarios in his head of the worst that could happen. Who knows, she might be willing to invite him in and talk everything out.

He smiles, "You always know what to say to make everything seem okay. God, you really are amazing, babe."

You giggle, jokingly saying that you know. You offer if he wants you to come for the drive, and not leave the car.

He shakes his head, "I don't want you sitting in that car all lonely! What if I take too long and you're stuck in there and suffocate from the hot air?"

You laugh, telling him you aren't a dog or an infant and can actually use the thumbs you were born with to open the window.

He laughs, "I worry too much about you. But can you blame me?"

You smile, telling him you worry about him as well. And that's why you keep telling him to go over to his wife's house and find out what is going on and why she hasn't answered anyone's call.

He grabs your hand, rubbing light circles on the skin between your index finger and thumb with his own thumb. "You're right. I guess I'll just head over now, better to do this sooner than later."
♠ ♠ ♠
it's kinda a gap filler, i'm having a small case of writer's block, i'm not sure how to being the next chapter when billie joe actually goes to adrienne's house. i think i'll just start the chaper now of him arriving, then think about it during school how the meeting of it goes

enjoy!<3