Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Passion

Your phone rings once. Twice. Three times. You're half asleep, but know there's only one person it could be.

You roll over on your large white bed. You pick up your phone and answer with the common "Hello?" but your voice yawned with it.

"Hey baby," he breathes in the phone, "were you asleep?"

You tell him you were but it's okay because it's getting late to be sleeping. He chuckles and begins to tell you about the album that's about to come out, Shenanigans. You tell him that's great and you can't wait to hear it.

"Well," he begins, "I can come over now so you can give it a listen."

You bite your lip. You know just exactly what is going to happen. There will be no listening. Those emerald eyes are looking for just one thing. But, because you love him, agree for him to come over. You can hear the smile in his voice as he tells you he will be there in less than an hour. You hang up your phone and decide to get a quick shower before you come in contact with him again.

You go into the bathroom and turn the dial so the water will come out fairly hot. As you see steam leaving the top of your shower, you decide it's a good time to enter. You step into the shower and instantly the water runs onto you. You feel immediately relaxed, as each droplet that collides with your skin soaks into your pores. You feel so at ease you don't want to leave the steam filled room.

As you began to exit the bathroom, you could smell the faint lingering scent of coffee. Confused, you walked into the kitchen. You began telling yourself you never brewed a pot this morning. Before you could finish contemplating your thoughts, everything was answered for you.

He had his back to you, so he didn't notice you walk in. You watched the way his dark jeans clung to his narrow waist. You noticed how he remember to take his shoes off before he came into your home because you've told him numerous times you wanted to keep your home clean and white. You never believed his listened to you, but it seemed as though you were wrong. You watched as his grey shirt lifted slightly, exposing his hip, as he leaned over to take the coffee pot from its compartment.

You walk back into your room, making sure not to make a sound, and quickly get dressed. You decided to keep it simple with jeans and a teal colored tee shirt. As you finished dressing, you instantly walked back into the kitchen.

You noticed when you came back, he was well at preparing your coffee. You smiled at the determination in his face to make it look perfect. You noticed there was a few slices of toast laying on a ceramic plate also. While his finishes stirring your drink, he looks up and notices you standing there.

He smiles shyly, and you melt. "I know it isn't much and you don't like breakfast, but I wanted you to have something in your stomach."

You feel your knees weaken. You love the attention he gives you. You take note of how much he actually knew about you, when you thought all he cared about was your body.

His eyes shine in your direction, "Roxy, you look beautiful. I've missed you so much."

He walks over to you and enfolds you within his arms. You gladly accept the hug and take in his scent as you two stand there together. He gently strokes your long brown hair and it feels like time is standing still. You never want it to end.

"Well, we can't let our coffee go cold," he chuckles.

You settle down at the seat across from him. Before you take a sip from the caffinated drink, he stops you, "I hope it's good. I know you said you like three teaspoons of sugar and cream until the coffee turns light brown."

You smile at how generous he's being to you. As you swallow a sip of the beverage, you are instantly satisfied. You tell him he made it perfectly, joking how he has to make it from now on.

He smiles, "I'll make it everyday for you if you want."

You can't get over how wonderfully kind he's being to you, and you never want this morning to end. You ask him about the album.

His eyes light up with excitement, "Oh, Roxy, it's great. It's coming out July 2, well in a week. It has a different sound then the other music, but still, it's just as good. Tré is happy that there's more in depth drumming involved, and Mike got to put a song he wrote on the album, and he sung it as well. So everyone got an important part in this one."

You tell him how proud you are of him and you cannot wait for everyone to hear it, because you know it will be amazing. He doesn't even have to say anything to you; you know you've said what he wants to hear. And you meant it. He cups you face into his calloused hands, his green eyes staring into your hazel eyes. No words were said for what seemed like forever, none were needed.

"Roxana," he began, "you mean everything to me."

You tell him you know, but you can't help but feel terrible for putting his wife through this. "But she has no idea you are a part of my life," he pleaded.

You explain that you know, but the point is you knew about it, and it just wasn't fair to Adrienne. You tell him that she is such a sweet woman and cares about him deeply.

His face becomes more stern, "I know she does, but how do you know?"

You tell him how you bumped into her while you were shopping, the same time he called you the previous day. You tell how you two went to get coffee after wards, and she told you all her concerns with her husband, your love interest as well. You tell those green eyes staring at you with interest how you explained to his wife how he cares for her as much she cares for him, and there is nothing she should be worried about. You finish by saying you have given her your number, hoping she would call again so you two can meet again, because you would really like a new friend.

Once you finish telling him, he sits there, taking in what was said. "That was great, Roxy! Now she has absolutely no idea we even know each other. Plus, now if you call, or I call you, I can always tell Adie you were calling for her and I just got to the phone first!"

He kisses you, passion filled your body, "You're amazing, Roxana. Truly amazing. I love you."

You tell him you love him too. "I'm sorry to cut it short, though. Joey has a parent-teacher meeting tonight, and Adie wants me to go with her."

You tell him you understand, and to now loose contacts again fro another three days. He chuckles, "Don't worry, I won't. There's no reason to sneak around on the phone now, since you and Adie are friends now."

He smiles, as do you. He gets up, and plants one final kiss on your forehead. He stops at the door, and puts his shoes on. Before he leaves, his green eyes stare at you, smile, and then depart from the home.

You're still sitting down, sipping your now cold coffee. You are surprised with him. He came over just for talking, nothing more. It's a big step between you two. You begin to think that this relationship may be more than just a fling.

And you never got to hear the new born album.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!