Scream

Chapter 14

Before I knew it the tour was starting. It was a hot, humid day. On the weather channel this morning it said it was almost one hundred degrees at that point and it wasn't even eight in the morning yet. I was stepping onto the black bus. Our bags were already stocked in the compartment on the back of the bus. The guys were on the bus already. A few of them went back to bed and the others I had no idea.

I had my eyes squinted as I looked at the clear blue Californian sky. There were no signs of raining. I sighed and walked onto the bus quickly shutting the door. I looked up and saw Valary. She was the only one awake I assumed. She was the only on in the living room.

She smiled sleepily at me and I smiled back. Her ultra blond hair was up in a messy bun. She had no make up out lining her brownish eyes. She had on Ace of spade pajama pants and a grey tank top. She was making coffee at the counter.

"Did they all go back to bed?" I asked sitting on the tan sofa with my legs folded under neath me. The floor was half tan carpet and then a brown wooden tile along the kitchen area and then back in the bunks. The walls were an off white with a wooden deathbat hanging on the wall.

"Um yeah they did." Val said. There was something about the tone and pitch of her voice that made me cautious. Something was wrong with her. I had only met her two weeks prior to the current moment and I could already tell when things weren't right. I shifted my weight on the couch. I was uneasy. Something was wrong with her.

"Can I ask you something?" Valary asked with a dry tone. She was pushing her words past her lips. It was forced. They came out strained and slightly irritated.

"Sure." I said quietly.

"Whats up with you and Zack?" She asked putting the coffee away and pouring the water in the opening and setting the coffee pot on the burner. She turned it on and looked at me. Her eyes were fixed on my own.

"I'm not sure I know what you mea-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I knew that this wasn't going to be a pleasant talk on my end.

"Yeah you do." Val said with irritation. Her cheeks turned a pale pink and her eyes were slightly narrowed and fixed on me. "You're Brian's sister but you live with Zack. Don't sit there and tell me that there's nothing going on between you. I know Zack; hell I've known him for years now. He is way to old for you. You need someone your own age." Val said crossing her arms in a defensive manor.

I felt my body heat up with every word that passed her lips. I felt my throat go dry. I just looked at her with a blank stare. She got all of that from me moving in with Zack? I felt a lump build up in my throat.

"Take my advice kid." Val said walking away and into the bunk area. "Only trying to help you out." was her last words before she disappeared all together.

I leaned my head back on the couch and groaned. She was getting worked up over nothing. I didn't like Zack.

Or did I?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to plan out my stories.
This could have been written better.

Drop a line and tell me what you think.