Sequel: Worth Waiting For

It's A Roller Coaster Ride We're On

Love Bugging Me

Image

That first week… things were difficult between Joe and me. We both wanted to talk to each other, that was obvious. Neither of us had the courage to do it though.

However by the second week of April, things were back to normal. Except for the fact that Nick and I are dating. Something that surprised me is, everyday, I wake up, and there’s always a note for me. No matter what; whether we’re in a hotel or on the bus. It’s either on my bedside table or taped to the top of my bunk. They’ve said things like “you’re beautiful”, “I could get lost in your eyes”, “I could count the stars with you forever”, and some were song lyrics like, “if every word I said could make you laugh I’d talk forever”, “it’s hard to prove that it’s all for you”, and “baby you’re my better half.” I can’t believe how much of a sweetheart Nick is, doing all of this and never telling me. So, I never brought it up.

Early April, we were driving through Arkansas. There was yet another note taped to the top of my bunk for me. I smiled as I read it then walked out to the lounge for breakfast.

“Morning everyone,” I said smiling as I sat next to Nick at the table. He kissed me on the cheek and Joe, Kevin, and Lauren smiled at me as Denise got my breakfast.

“Morning Mel,” Lauren said, continuing to eat.

“Where are we headed today?”

“To the nearest airport.” Kevin Sr. said.

“Airport?” Joe asked.

“We’re going to Washington D.C.”

“Are we playing the Easter Egg Roll again?” Kevin asked.

“Yes. Malia and Sasha Obama will be very happy to see you again.”

“I bet they will.” Nick said laughing. “They’re some pretty cool kids.”

****

The next day we had arrived in Washington D.C. Big Rob had rented these big SUVs to escort us around the city while the buses stayed in Arkansas where the tour would pick up again. The boys, Lauren, Rob and I were in one SUV while the rest of the Jonas’ and the band were in the other. President Obama offered for us to all stay at the White House and we gratefully accepted.

When we had arrived at the White House, a few secret service agents led us inside to where the Obama'swere waiting.

“Welcome to our home,” Michelle Obama said, opening her arms wide.

“Thank you,” we chorused. We all introduced ourselves and the girls were happy to see Joe, Kevin, and Nick again.

“Now, we have plenty of guestrooms so all of you can have your own rooms if you’d like.” She said, showing us around.

“Or you could all bunk together like in a hotel,” the President said, laughing.

“We could do that.” Denise said. “We don’t want to be an inconvenience Mr. President.”

“Nonsense! You really all can have your own rooms, unless some of you would like to share. And please, call me Barack.”

“What do you say Laur? Want to room together?” I asked, pausing outside one room.

“I don’t know. You snore.” She said. My jaw dropped.

“I do not snore!” I exclaimed as Nick chuckled beside me. He lifted our joined hands so he could kiss my knuckles. “What’s so funny mister?” I asked putting my other hand on my hip.

“You look like a five year old throwing a fit.” I glared at him. “A very cute five year old.” He said, leaning in to kiss me. I kissed him back and noticed Joe looking everywhere else but at me and I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Stop it! You chose Nick, you like being with Nick.

“Mel I was kidding. Of course I’ll room with you if you really want.” Lauren said.

“Okay. What about you boys, what are you going to do?” I asked.

“I want my own room.” Joe said.

“Me too!” Frankie said.

“Want to room together bro?” Kevin asked Nick.

“Yeah sure,” Nick said, shrugging his shoulders.

****

The next day was the Saturday before Easter, the day of the Easter Egg Roll. We were all up bright and early, Lauren and I ready before any of the boys of course.

“Well don’t you look lovely,” Michelle said to Lauren and me as we joined her, Barack, the girls, Denise, and Kevin Sr. for breakfast.

“Thank you.” We said, sitting down.

“Did you happen to see any of the boys on your way down?” Denise asked.

“No, not one,” I said placing my napkin on my lap.

“I should go get them.”

“No Denise let us. We haven’t started eating yet and you’re only halfway done.” Lauren said standing up.

“We’ll be right back.” I said, following Lauren. We walked up the stairs and almost right into Frankie.

“Hi guys,” he said smiling at us.

“Hi Tank. You look very nice.” I said.

“Thanks.” He said beaming.

“Your Mom and Dad are downstairs with the Obama’s eating breakfast. We’re going to get your brothers.”

“Okay. See ya!”

“I’ll get Kevin and Nick. You get Joe.” Lauren said. I glared at her.

“Make my life more difficult why don’t you.”

“That’s what I’m here for.”

“Oh come on Laur.”

“What? Okay you know what? I don’t want to say anything. You and Nick look happy together. You are happy right?”

“Well, yeah.”

“But…?”

“But nothing…. I made my choice and I’m not going to screw anything up.”

“I never said you’d be screwing anything up.” She said, putting her hand on my arm. I sighed.

“Yeah I know. I’m sorry. I guess I’m just still…”

“Confused?”

“A little bit.” I said shrugging my shoulders. “Even though Joe seems fine I can still see the hurt in his eyes. It’s like I cut him or something and I don’t like feeling guilty.”

“You shouldn’t feel guilty. He knew it would come down to a choice and you made yours. He should stop and be happy for you.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Alright, now go make sure he’s awake.” She said, walking to Nick and Kevin’s room. I walked down the hall to Joe’s room and knocked.

“Joe?” I asked. I knocked again and he still didn’t answer. He’s probably still sleeping. I opened the door quietly so I wouldn’t wake him if he was but he wasn’t in his bed. Then he walked out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist, another in his hand drying his hair. Holy shit! I gasped and he looked up.

“Lyss?” he asked, a blush rising to his cheeks.

“Oh, my God,” I said, covering my eyes and turning around. I could feel the heat rise to my own cheeks. “I’m so sorry! I just came to see if you were awake and you didn’t answer when I knocked so I figured you were still sleeping so I came in to wake you up and… and…”

“Lyss chill. It’s alright.” He said laughing.

“First Kevin sees me in just a towel then I see you in just a towel. What’s next?”

“I don’t know but… would you mind…?”

“Oh right. We’ll either be in Nick and Kevin’s room or downstairs eating breakfast.”

“Okay, I’ll try to hurry.”

“Ha, right.” I said laughing. “We’ll see you in half an hour.”

“I’ll bet you five bucks I’ll only take between ten and fifteen minutes.”

“You’re on.” I said, walking to the door, not daring to turn around still. “See you in half an hour.”

****

Fourteen minutes later Nick, Kevin, Lauren and I walked back out into the hallway to go downstairs. I’m going to be five bucks richer I thought, smiling to myself. Nick took my hand and we started walking.

“Guys, wait up!”

We all turned around and saw Joe sprinting down the hall towards us. I looked at my watch and scowled. Damn.

“Hey Joe,” the other three said.

“Hi,” he said. “Lyss, you owe me five bucks.”

“Huh?” Nick asked.

“Lyss thought I wouldn’t be ready in ten to fifteen minutes but it’s been fourteen and a half minutes. You owe me five bucks.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I said, digging into my petty cash pocket of my dress pants and pulling out a five. I threw it at him and took Nick’s hand again and kept walking. Stupid Joe…

****

The concert was going great. Sasha, Malia, all their friends and all of the other guests were enjoying the concert. But then again, who wouldn’t? Lauren and I were enjoying things from the audience’s perspective instead of from backstage. I was getting amazing shots of the stage and the crowd.

“Now, this next song, I know all of you know so, we want you to sing along.” Nick said. He winked at me and started strumming the opening to Lovebug. Lauren and I swayed to the music and smiled up at our boys playing. When the chorus came and Joe started singing I couldn’t help but glance over at him. He was staring right at me, smiling widely, I glanced back at Nick who was… glaring… at his brother. Uh-oh, this could lead to disaster. I thought.

****

The next day, Easter, the Jonas’, Lauren, the band, Rob and I were all packed to fly back to Arkansas where we left the buses. Washington D.C. was so much fun and the Obama’s are wonderful people. It’s sad to leave them but… duty calls.

The plane ride back was kind of quiet… on Nick’s part that is. Joe kept turning around in his seat in front of us to talk to us… well… me. Every time he did so Nick’s jaw would lock and his grip on my hand tightened. At one point it got quite painful so I subtly pulled my hand away and ducked my head under his arm to rest it on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into him and kissed the top of my head. Joe frowned and turned to face front, not turning back to talk to me again which made me frown.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha that bit with Mel and Joe was fun don't you think?

Like with the rest, I will post another chapter later tonight. I hope you all enjoyed this one!

Comment/Rate/Subscribe

~Steph <3