Sequel: Worth Waiting For

It's A Roller Coaster Ride We're On

'The Dark Knight' Leads to Disaster

Image

Three days later, the buses had stopped in Southern California and we still hadn’t started the interview process. We thought it better to interact with the boys and their family more. It was nice outside and the first concert of the tour isn’t until tomorrow night so the boys wanted to play whiffle ball. Lauren and I sat off to the side while Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Frankie set up everything for the game. I sat beside Lauren, camera in hand, snapping pictures of the boys goofing off. Being normal teenagers, what all the fans want to see, it’s what they truly are after all.

“Mel, Laur! Want to join?” Nick asked, waving us over.

“No thanks! I’m going to snap photos for the book.”

“Yeah I’ll sit this out too!” Lauren called. “Trust me; you don’t want me exerting any physical activity.”

“Oh you can’t be that bad!” Kevin shouted.

“Listen to her boys! She really is a disaster on two feet.”

“Hey now,” Lauren exclaimed, shoving me. “I’m not that bad.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I said, elbowing her in the side.

“Come on Lyss! Join us!” Joe called, throwing his hands up in the air.

“What did you call me?” I asked, laughing.

“Uh… Lyss?” he said, more a question than a statement.

“No one has ever called me that.”

“I call dibs! It’s my nickname for you and only mine!” he shouted, jumping up and down.

“Alright Joseph; only you,” I said smiling. Lauren nudged me in the side and pointed.

“Look at Nick.” She whispered. I looked and noticed how he shoved his hands in his pockets and kicked at the ground as Joe jumped around. “I wonder what that’s about.”

“Who knows?” I said, shrugging my shoulders. “He’s probably just thinking about something.” I said, snapping a photo of Joe tossing the ball to Frankie.

Lauren and I figured there were no official rules when the boys played. There was no legitimate score keeping. They just played until they got bored, tired, or hungry. The latter being what happened in this case.

“Oh man. I’m so hungry.” Joe said, walking into the hotel, rubbing his stomach. “Do you guys want to get something at the café here? Our treat.”

“You guys don’t have to pay.” I said, shaking my head. Joe scoffed and Kevin and Nick chuckled.

“What?” Lauren asked.

“Of course we have to pay.” Kevin said. “When we go somewhere with friends, we always pay. No arguments.”

“Fine,” I said, rolling my eyes. “You guys can pay.”

****

After lunch, we congregated to their room. Frankie left to go join his parents. Nick grabbed his guitar and sat on one of the beds, strumming the chords to Can’t Have You silently. He closed his eyes as he played, succumbing himself to the music. I silently pulled my camera up and took a picture. He opened his eyes at the brightness and grinned.

“So, what do you want to do?” he asked, setting the guitar down.

“Good question.” Joe said, sitting on the couch.

“How about we watch a movie?” Lauren asked. “I don’t feel like interviewing today.”

“Yeah, a movie sounds good.” I said. “What are our choices?”

“Um, The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia, or Eagle Eye.” Kevin said, looking at the DVDs.

“I vote Dark Knight!” I exclaimed, sitting beside Joe on the couch.

He discreetly placed his arm behind me on the couch “stretching” and then Nick came and sat on the other side, our legs touching. It’s hard to describe how it felt having Joe’s arm around me and Nick’s leg pressed against mine. I guess I felt… confused? I don’t know why though, I don’t like them like that… and they don’t like me… do they?

“I second that vote.” Lauren said; sitting on Joe’s other side.

“Guys?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, that’s cool.” Nick said.

“I’m in.” said Joe.

“Alright; Dark Knight it is.” Kevin said, putting the DVD in and grabbing the remote. He shut the light off and joined us on the couch on Lauren’s other side.

“Hey, it’s boy, girl, boy, girl, boy.” Joe said, chuckling.

“Very observant Joseph,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I try.”

“Joe shut up.” Nick said. “The movie’s starting.”

“What’s got your panties in a bunch?” Joe asked, leaning over me to stare at his brother.

“Nothing; seriously stop.” Nick said, shoving his brother away. Joe looked at me, not believing his brothers behavior and I shrugged my shoulders. I looked over at Nick and he shook his head and then glanced at me and I turned back to the movie.

****

“Anyone want some popcorn?” Nick asked, standing up about halfway through the movie.

“Sure.” We all chorused.

“I’ll help you.” I said, starting to get up.

“Thanks Melissa.” He said, smiling.

“No, it’s o.k. I’ll go.” Lauren said, standing up.

I gave her a questioning gaze and she tilted her head towards Joe. I glared at her and shook my head. “We need to talk later.” I mouthed to her. She nodded her head and walked towards the kitchenette motioning for Nick to follow her. Nick glanced back at me one more time and I felt Joe place his hand on my shoulder, slightly pulling me into him. I looked at him in shock but he was staring at the TV and I looked back at Nick but he was now walking to the kitchen hanging his head.

What the hell is going on? I thought.

****

“Alright, spill.” I said; sitting cross-legged on my bed as Lauren closed the door to our room. We finished watching the movie with the boys, Nick sitting stiffly in his seat once he came back with the popcorn. He didn’t even look at me when we said goodnight, I don’t know what I did wrong.

“Well, it’s obvious that Nick and Joe both like you. I don’t think that Joe is catching on that Nick likes you too though. That boy is so oblivious.”

“Oh come on Lauren, be serious.”

“I am being serious. Didn’t you see the way Nick looked at you when Joe pulled you close to him?”

“Yeah I did…” I said, thinking. “Why did you do that anyway?”

“Do what?”

“Offer to help Nick after I did.”

“Well, I was trying to see what Joe would do to see if he really did like you too. He does, besides I think it’s better if you start dating Joe. Nick’s too young.”

“He’s only four years younger. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“I know but he’s under the age of eighteen. I don’t like the thought of that.” She said, shrugging her shoulders.

“So,” I said slowly, “Joe and Nick like me. Nick’s jealous but Joe is oblivious. This is disastrous.” I said, lying back on the bed with my arms and legs spread.

“Maybe… maybe not; let’s see how this goes, give it time.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” I said, grabbing my toiletries and going into the bathroom. I closed the door and stood up against it, sinking down to the floor. What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Here's chapter 3!
Thank you so much for those comments for the first two chapters! They made me :D

Oh check this out!

JB love! <3

~Steph <3