‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

I'm Sorry

Anne ran her fingers ceaselessly through his dark hair. Marcus dropped his head to rest on her shoulder again and sighed deeply. Anne swallowed the fear rising in her throat and bit her lip to stop the questions rushing out.

Marcus muttered to himself, so low and quick that Anne could no longer make out what he was saying. But she had a feeling that he was only repeating what he had been saying only moments before. Anne wrapped her arms tightly around him as she continued to run her fingers through his hair and along his back. She felt a strong and somewhat insane urge to protect him from his father.

Surely he doesn’t need protecting from someone who is dead, Anne closed her eyes and kissed the top of his head. But what she could see now negated the fact that Lord Voldemort was dead. Obviously he still had the power to control and destroy people. Even his own son.

Only someone who could not feel would be able to do this to their own family. Only one who is completely dead on the inside. That is what Voldemort is she thought furiously.

Marcus could feel her fingers reassuring him, trying desperately to comfort him. “I cannot, cannot cannot cannot.” He muttered over and over, trying to convince himself that he would never be able to do that to Anne. Would never be able to do that to himself.

He lifted his head and looked at her. He took in her eyes, wide and full of fear and concern. Her lips were parted as if she wanted to say something. Her hands ceased their movement and now rested on his shoulders as his did on hers.

Marcus looked towards the sky and saw that the sky was nearly dark. He stood and pulled Anne to her feet. “We must go back,” his voice was calm and all traces of his earlier discontentment were gone. They stood still and Anne saw the agonizing pain creep back into his eyes.

She stepped forwards quickly and placed her hands on his chest. “Don’t Marcus. Please, just don’t”

Marcus bit his lip and took her in his arms. “I’m sorry Anne,” he whispered and kissed her neck.

“For what?” she asked, her arms moving around his neck.

“I’m sorry,” he repeated and pulled away slightly then leant in again to kiss her lips.

Anne kissed him back and everything that was being said was driven from her mind. All she could think of was this moment.

Marcus drew away from her as the chill breeze hit his cheeks. “Come,” he said and took her hand in his. Together they walked into the castle and into the Great Hall for dinner. The sight of the two together caused some of the students to raise their eyebrows and stare in amazement; others just shook their head as if they knew that this would happen. Those two just couldn’t seem to stay away from each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
When Marcus said sorry, he was apologizing for everything basically. So yeah, he is a good person....deep inside :P