‹ Prequel: We Can't Wake Up

All You Wish For and All You Need

Tell Me

Marcus studied his long fingers as he sat in the back of the potions room. Professor Armstrong droned about how important this year was. This was their second last year at Hogwarts. Marcus didn’t feel affected either way, though he wasn’t sure of what he wanted to do when he left school as of yet.

He heard Anne laugh quietly and turned to see her and Arabella whispering behind their hands. Marcus sneered slightly. It amused him that people thought they were being subtle when they talked and laughed behind their hands; but honestly, it was even more obvious then just talking outright.

“Anything you wish to share girls?” Professor Armstrong queried.

Anne giggled lightly as she shook her head. Professor Armstrong raised his eyebrows before clearing his throat and continuing with his spiel. Marcus focussed his attention again on Anne. She wore her hair in a high pony-tail today. He could see the skin of her neck twitch slightly as she tried to contain her laughter. He watched as her hand reached up and delicately scratched her shoulder. He could see the side of her mouth turn up slightly as Arabella whispered something to her again.

“You’re not very good at hiding things Anne,” he whispered to her as they walked away from the castle after school had finished. “You are especially bad at talking in class. What was so amusing?”

Anne giggled again nervously. “Oh, you know, just some silly things that Arabella was telling me.”

Marcus wrapped his arm around Anne’s waist and held her closely to him. “Anne,” he drew her name out softly and leant down to kiss her neck. He stopped walking and turned her to face him. “Tell me. I’m feeling curious.”

Anne giggled again and shook her head. Marcus’ eyes narrowed and he raised his head so that he could look at her. “Why won’t you tell me?” he demanded.

Anne squirmed as she was held captive by his hard gaze. She stepped backwards but he clasped her wrist in his hand and dragged her into the trees. “Marcus! You’re hurting me!” she cried out.

He let go once they were in the clearing. “Tell me,” he demanded his voice hard and rough.

Anne shook her head and stood tall, “Why should I tell you? It’s none of your business.”

Marcus’ eyes narrowed again and he stepped forwards so that she had to look up into his eyes. “Tell me Anne,” his voice ringing with authority.

“No Marcus,” Anne pushed him out of her way. “I’m not going to tell you because it has nothing to do with you. It doesn’t concern you even in the slightest.” She started to walk away but then turned back. “Why do you have to be so confusing Marcus?” she whispered then turned and hurried back to the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh. God he is a brat.
But don't worry, at the moment, things will improve :)