Status: Finished but comments are turned off still and photobucket fails so all the pictures are gone.

The Way They Were

Work this Out

Danani's POV

“Okay well as you all probably know I called this meeting together to discuss my birthday!” I spoke into the mic of the school auditorium, that I rented for a private meeting with just me and my crew.

Everyone cheered.

“Okay well, I’m turning 16 and I want to have the Biggest Sweet Sixteen Ever!! Not like those brats on tv, but much larger! And I’ve called you all here to help me decide some things alright!!” I exclaimed.

More cheering.

“Okay well I got some suggestions of which bands I should have… they were lame so I came up with my own list and we need to narrow it down to 3.” I spoke.

Someone in the crowd raised there hand, it was my best guy friend ever Tyson. “Yeah Ty?”

“You want 3 bands?!”

“Uh, yeah I don’t want just one, because that would be lame… plus my mom told me I could have whatever I want.” I gloated. My BFF London raised her hand.

“Yeah?”

“Daddy could get us Boys Like Girls!!!”

Everyone cheered.

“Okay, we’ll talk after the meeting. Okay so everyone wants BLG?!?!”

More cheering.

“Okay so that’s one band are there any-” I spoke until someone busted in yelling at the security guard.

“Let me go!! I’m supposed to be here!!” she screamed. "I swear I'll fuck you up!"

Asia. I’d know that voice from anywhere.

“You can let her go Lenny, she can be here.” I spoke into the mic. And he did what he was told.

“What about the other one?” he asked.

“She can stay too,”

So he let them go and they sat down.

London raised her had again.

“Yeah?”

“Why are they here?” she asked pointing at Asia and Angelica.

“Because we were invited!” Asia yelled.

“Don’t talk to me like that you poor girl!”

“I am not poor! But if I was I’d rather be poor than an air head!”

“Too late,” my other guy friend Chris coughed.

“What was that?! You know what I’m about to beat all-”

“Okay, so back to those bands people!” I interrupted them.

“B5!!” someone yelled.

“Oh puh-lease they are last year!” I said.

Asia raised her hand.

“Yeah?”

“How about Fall Out Boy?!”

London raised her hand.

“Yeah?”

“I agree with the poor girl!” she said.

“You know what that’s it I’m about to kill her!” Asia stood up.

“LENNY!!!” London yelled.

Luckily Angelica grabbed Asia before she could get over there.

“False alarm Len!” I told the security guard.

“Okay so we have BLG & FOB, one more!” I announced. People started yelling out…

“The Academy Is…”

“Cobra Starship!!”

“Plain White T’s!!”

Then I saw Chris’ hand.

“Yeah?”

“No offense 'yall because I love most you but I really don’t wanna be partying all night to some rock music, could we get like some 50 cent or T-Pain?” he complained.

“I agree, any ideas that’s not rock bands..” I said.

“That’s all I listen to..” Asia shouted.

“Well than you can just shut up!” London yelled.

“Calm down,” I heard Angelica tell Asia.

I couldn’t really see anything because the lights were so bright.

“I’ve got one!” my friend Lucas shouted.

“No offense Lucas man but all you listen to is lame music!” Chris said taking off his sunglasses.

“No just hear me out okay?” Lucas pleaded.

“Okay, who?”

“Pretty Ricky!”

“Okay I like that,” Chris agreed.

“Everyone Pretty Ricky?!”

Everyone cheers.

“Okay you guys thanks for your time, and we’ll meet up back here on Friday.” I dismissed everyone.

“Oh, but Asia and Angelica can you stay here for you a sec?” I asked before turning the mic off.

20 Minutes Later, At Danani's House

“So why are we here again?” Angelica asked.

“Because I need you guys’ help,” I said bringing the bowl of popcorn in the living room.

“With what?” Asia asked taking a handful.

“This,” I said placing the yearbook down in front of them and then sat down.

“You need help with the yearbook?” Angelica asked.

“Just hear me out you guys, I mean we may not be as close as we used to be were still friends and I’m still the same,” I pleaded.

“Okay,” Asia said taking another handful of popcorn.

“Great so I need help picking the people for my party,”

“Okay”

“Okay”

“So where do we start?” I asked them.

“Here,” Asia said turning to a page where it kept all the cliques.

“No emo’s” I told her.

“Oh you have something against them now?” she asked with an attitude.

“You like them?” I asked her back.

She didn’t answer, she just ate more popcorn.

“Okay well no one here or here…” Angelica said pointing at the Geeks and the Ghettos.

“Of course not,” I said and took a sip of my Pepsi.

“How come?” Asia asked.

“Because..”

“Because what? Some of them are still our friends, I mean at least I hope they are since you covered up for them the other day.” Asia said getting mad.

“What?”

“You don’t remember that day I walked in the bathroom and Adaeze and Kayla were talking about Angelica pissing Vivien off?” Asia smirked.

“You guys were talking about me?” Angelica asked dropping popcorn everywhere.

“No, I wasn’t Adaeze and Kayla were and they didn’t want Asia to know so I helped them out a little..” I stammered. Dang, I thought she was supposed to be stupid…

“Oh, come on how dumb do you think I am? I may play stupid but you out of all people should know me better since we’ve been 'BFF’s since 8th grade' like you say.” Asia snarled.

“But I didn’t call you anything, and I do know you well enough to know that if I didn’t step in there you would have been expelled for fighting Adaeze….again, so don’t say I don’t know you and you cant say I’m not a true friend either because I never EVER called you a ditz or stupid or dumb or an air he--”

“Okay I get it! Yeah you never called me that but you never stopped your so called friends from calling me those things either! Now excuse me if I’m mistaken but a true friend will be ready to beat someone when they’re talking about they’re friends!!”

“Okay but Asia you know I don’t fight!”

“That hasn’t stopped you before! Remember in 3rd grade when that girl took your favorite doll and you jumped on her? Or in 6th grade when Patrick Breeding asked you to the dance but then he ended up taking Raven Baxter instead and you tore her dress and slapped Patrick? Oh but no now you’re not a fighter! Well you know what Danani that’s just a bunch of bullshit!! You aren’t my friend you’re not Angelica’s friend you’re not Vivien’s friend your not anybody’s friend! Don’t be greedy Danani! You cant have us all as friends! The popular kids are your friends now and for all I care they can keep you!! Oh yeah and FYI they don’t really like you, they just use you cause your mom is so freaking rich!! C’mon Angelica, I cant leave without you…..you have the keys” Asia said and stormed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ironically this was named Work this Out before High School Musical 2 came out.
Tyson, London, Chris, Lucas.
Yeah, that what they look like.