Just Keep Breathing

Chapter 29

There’s no better way to end a night than to go out yelling. Of course, the yelling started after all our guests had left. That is both good and bad; good because they aren’t here to hear it all, bad because if they had staid I probably wouldn’t be in this situation.

“So Elle, between your hate of people two months ago and your current non-virginness, who have you decided to start banging?” My brother asked, his voice fierce. His arms were crossed as he stood at the base of the stair case, preventing me from going up.

“What does my sex life mean to you?” I spat back, wanting to throw something hard and breakable at him. He’s such a prick. “I don’t ever pester you about the numerous girls you hook up with and fuck, so how do you have any right to try and talk to me about this?”

“Hmm, let’s see, maybe because the only guys you’ve been in contact with lately have been my friends.” He said. If he got any madder, steam would blow out of his ears and a loud whistle noise would erupt from his mouth, “And if you’re fucking one of my friends I should have the right to know.”

“You don’t have the right to know anything.” I yelled, my voice echoing around the house. I haven’t been this angry in a while. “Don’t even try and pull the “I should know if you’re fucking my friend” card, because never once did I ask about it when I caught you fucking Anna on the old living room couch.”

He started to say something but shut his mouth quickly. It looked like he was trying to find something to say, but I beat him to it. “Yeah, that’s what I fucking thought, now move.”

I pushed him to the side and trudged up the stairs, quickly running to my room and shutting the door. There was no doubt in my mind that he knew it was one of his friends I had slept with, and there was no doubt that he probably knew which one it was.

&&

“I got your text, what’s wrong hon?” Oli’s voice was soothing right now. Though I wouldn’t tell him over the phone, I texted him asking him if he would meet me outside my house and come pick me up. He obliged and parked down the street, waiting until I successfully snuck out of my house.

“James.” I mumbled, annoyance seeping through my words. “I thought I should properly warn you that there is a 98.9% chance he knows what we’re up to and that you’re the one I slept with.”

“Yeah, well we ‘ave Matt’s “I Never” to thank for that.” Oli grumbled, putting his car into drive and quickly leaving my street. “How are ya so sure though?”

I sighed and leaned my head against the window, causing it to fog up slighty. “Because we got into a huge fight. He said some stuff, I said some stuff, and between it all I forgot to deny that it was any of his friends I was messing around with.”

Oli, somehow, became a mind reader and started to finish my sentence. “And I’m the only one he’s caught ya alone with several times, making me the one and only suspect. Brilliant.”

“This is shit.” I added. It was obvious neither of us were very happy with the situation. In an attempt to calm me down, Oli’s hand took a hold of mine across the divider in the car and he laced his fingers with mine.

After that we sat in a nice silence until pulling up to Oli’s house. We got out, still hand in hand, and walked in. Lee and Curtis greeted us with smiling faces until they saw the look on mine, then instantly theirs dropped.

“Oy, I sense some drama, yeah?” Curtis asked, leaning over the edge of the couch to look at us. “I mean with faces like that, can’t be anythin’ but some drama.”

“Yep.” Lee agreed. These two were like Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, I swear. “Got to be some drama. And I totally blame it on the drinkin’ game tonight. I coulda told ya that it would end up terribly.”

I forced a smile at the two of them before Oli dragged me into his bedroom. Like it was my own room, I walked in comfortably and took of my shoes before jumping onto his bed and spreading out. The familiar scent of his cologne was all over the blankets.

“Don’t ya look comfy.” Oli commented, kicking off his own shoes before jumping onto the bed next to me. I scooted over and made room for him while staring up at his ceiling. He continued to talk, “So what do ya say we do about this?”

“I really have no idea. I mean, I figured he would find out sometime, but I wasn’t sure how to deal with it.” I replied and rolled over onto my stomach, tilting my head to look at him. He mimicked my motion and moved onto his stomach, his face only slightly away from mine. “What do you think?”

“Eh, I honestly don’t know either.” Oli said, his voice just as annoyed as mine.

Instead of pushing the subject on, he lifted one of his hands and traced the side of my face. I shut my eyes and felt him trace softly over my eyelids and down my nose to my lips. He paused, with his pointed finger lingering over my lips, and soon replaced it with his lips.

Eagerly, I scooted closer to him, pushing my lips harder against his. He pulled away and I opened my eyes, meeting his gorgeous ones. His mouth parted as if he were about to say something but couldn’t put the words together right.

“Hmm.” He made an odd noise as if thinking. I could tell a puzzle was being put together in his brain. “Elle, I want ya to be mine. But whenever it’s official, I seem to fuck it up. Plus with the tour, I’m real unsure about things. So not officially, but in a way, will ya be mine?”