Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 17

My eyes opened, I was in my bed, the large comforter wrapped tightly around me, the fire cracked. My vision swam in and out of focus my body was shaking violently. “Hello?” My voice was dry and my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. I saw a shape move up from the chair, but my vision was blurry and I couldn’t focus.

“Here.” He told me, I felt a water bottle against my lips I drank it greedily and then collapsed back onto the pillow with a content sigh. I coughed a few times then took another breath. I turned to my side, about to fall back to sleep, my eyes were nearly closed, I could feel my conscious drift, I saw the man look at me. Damien? but already my eyes had closed and my conscious drifted into dreams.

They were strange dreams, fever dreams…but they felt so real.
I was under the willow trees where the white flowers grew. Mason was sitting against the tree watching me with a big smile on his face. There was something different with the way he smiled at me; there was a reaction inside of me. My heart ached and skipped; I smiled back then dropped down to my knees and started picking a few flowers. When I looked back to Mason, he was still smiling at me.

But something else caught my attention, beyond the tree’s watching, was Damien. He stood in the shadows of the forest, just past the borders of the willow trees, his eyes seemed to glow. Suddenly it was dark, and I looked up. There in the black sky were the two moons. One green, and one blue.

The blue shine from the moon seemed to only glow beyond the willow trees. Damien closed his eyes and soaked in the moons rays. He tensed then opened his eye and looked at us again. I stood up and started walking to him. He was alive. He was here. Mason got to his feet in a flash and held me back with an arm around my waist. “No.” He said as a whisper in my ear.

I looked at him, “Why not?” I felt tears in my eyes.
“His path is apart from ours…” He said quietly looking at Damien. They looked at each other, as if they had a mutual agreement. Then the green moons rays poured and mixed with the blues. Suddenly there was wolf in the forest. To the left of Damien, they regarded each other with mild contempt, but the made no move towards each other. The wolf had deep blue piercing eyes, and was a beautiful black with a white front paw. It came forward to the willows, as it came underneath, I watched it transform before my eyes in mid step, then it was a human. It was Blue.

I gasped, “Blue?” I asked.
She grinned at me, “Time to go.” She told me.
“What do you mean?” I asked looking to Damien, to see if he was still there, “Time to go.” She repeated calmly so calm that it scared me. Almost as if she were dead, and talking there was so much piece, yet no emotion.

I looked to Mason then to Damien, “Time to go.” She spoke softly again, she reached out and took my wrist and then we ran. The world went dark and I screamed.


I woke up, the scream died in my throat. My vision was still blurred, but it was getting better, my head didn’t spin so much. “Hello?” I croaked, my mouth was still dry too.
“Here.” Someone lifted my hand and moved a cup to my mouth and I drank deeply before pulling back. I looked up to see Mason; he smiled and let my headrest back down on the pillow. I was too weak to move.

I looked to the fire place where the chairs were expecting to see Damien, “Where is he?” I asked looking at Mason again.
“Who?” He asked putting the cup back on the stand next to my bed.
“Damien.”
He tilted his head slightly confused, “Rory…Damien is dead. Don’t you remember?” He asked.

I looked back to the chair, “But he was there, before I passed out…he had been there.” I told him. He looked over his shoulder to the fireplace then looked at me again, “Rory, you must have imagined it. You’ve had a high fever for quite some time....” He trailed off.

“I know what I saw…he gave me water…” I looked up at him with wide eyes, I felt like crying. He had been there. Hadn’t he?
“Rory…I’ve been looking after you, along with blue, and a few others. It’s just us, Damien is dead.” He told me.

I closed my eyes, wishing the world away. Everything was so confusing to me, my head was a blur and I couldn’t think right. A cool hand rested on my forehead then pulled back, “You’re still burning up. How do you feel?” Mason asked, I felt my bed lower a few inches as he sat down on the side.

“Sick.” I said quietly, “Can I have some more water?” I asked. The bed shifted and he helped me drink again. I collapsed back down into my pillow and shut the world out.

Another dream came to me.

I walked along the old cobble streets of the abandoned docks. My goal was just ahead, a dock that jutted out over the water. I picked up my pace and looked over my shoulder; the place was dimly lit with a dying yellow glow from the street lamps.

The wooden planks echoed quietly as I walked to the end. The black water swooshed underneath, blacker even than I remembered; something was drawing me. I fell into it.

I floated in the water, looking around; there in front of me were the ‘supers’ that had tried to kill me, Will and Jack. The turned to me, their faces were white and their lips red. Their eyes were vibrate and deadly. “We wait for you.” Jack lifted his hand towards me, “They will find you.” I screamed and water flooded into my mouth.

The scene changed.

A white wolf with light blue eyes stuck his nose into my face and liked my cheek. His big tail created a tornado behind him, moving the blades of grass, and flowers. I laughed and rubbed his ears. It was the same wolf that let me ride on his back.

This time though, I wasn’t afraid. In fact, I knew this wolf, he was my friend. It was silly to even fear in the first place, they were all my friends. Even before I looked around I knew there were more of them, more wolves. They hid in the grass, or sat next to me; some played with each other, or chased butterflies. Many of them though, watch me, waiting expectantly with their ears forward.

The white wolf backed away with his head dropped low and disappeared into mass of other wolfs. He seemed afraid of something suddenly. Then a wolf came up from behind me and stood at my side, he was deep beautiful charcoal, with thick fur and watchful eyes. He looked at each wolf, as if challenging them.

“You big bully.” I told him, “We are all friends here.” He looked at me with one ear back and snorted. I folded my arms and looked away. Then suddenly a hand came around in front of me holding a white flower. I turned to see Mason sitting in his butt with his knees pulled up. I took the flower and took in its scent.

“All friends, perhaps, but you are still mine to protect.” He said kissing my forehead. I blinked.

The scene changed again.

I sat on a hill surround by grasslands, a place I had never seen before. Grass for as long as the eye could see. The sky seemed bigger here too. I looked up suddenly it was night. The stars littered the sky like millions of light bugs. I opened my arms wide under the light breeze and spun around. I felt so free.

Then slowly the moons began to rise, one green, the other blue, one to either side of me. I looked from one to the other. I could see now, a hill to either side of me, the one that was nearest the green moon. Stood Mason, with his arms folded staring. I looked to the blue moon, and saw Damien standing on a hill.

“Choose.” Came the words, I looked forward and a wolf came forward. He seemed to be all colors at once.
“What?” I asked, suddenly chills ran up my arms.
“Choose. You cannot live both lives. You must choose.”
“I don’t understand.” I told the wolf, it seemed natural, speaking with the wolf.
“The path you travel is a hard one, many would run away from, but you have been chosen and now you must choose. Look behind you.” I did. There behind me was something else, it was a white building, heavily guarded. I looked back at the wolf.

“What is that place?” I asked.
“The place where all things began, these are you’re choices.” He said, suddenly he seemed sad.
“I don’t understand.” I told him again, “What is there to choose?”
He looked up to the sky, “There is little time.” He looked at me again, “You will choice when the time comes, and you will understand. The choice behind you, it is peril less, if you do choose, beware. For you may not return, but if you do not choice, the ones you love may seize to exist.” He looked back up the sky and turned to leave, “Remember, you must choose.” Then he ran away.

“WAIT!” I called, “WHAT MUST I CHOOSE!” The wind picked up and blew me away to the stars where everything was dark. I could hear voices, faint yet close.

“Is she awake?” It faded like a memory.
“Does she still have a fever?” Another asked.
“How long can we wait?” The voices drifted away, and I slept. I slept in a place where dreams did not come. I slept in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok sorry this one is a little confusing, but it will make sense later on in the story. = )

Comments and banners and all that jazz
_CORRI_