Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 30

As soon as I fell asleep, I fought against it. I tried to poke through to my conscious self, but it was no use. I felt myself drift deeper into the unconscious world and soon I found myself dreaming. But these were not normal dreams.
I felt as though I was spinning, so dizzying that I wanted to throw up. Then everything stood still, and I found myself lying in the grass. There was a single green full moon above me, and there was the dream wolf. His rainbow coat shifted colors naturally as he stared at me.

I dropped my head back into the grass, wanting nothing more than to wake up. “Get up.” The wolf growled. I closed my eyes tighter, “GET UP!” He howled. I slowly got to my knees, but didn’t look at him.

“That’s better.” He said, “Listen to what I am about to tell you and remember it. There are rules to being a dreamer; you are more open to the wolf side than others, which also puts you at a greater risk of losing yourself to the wolf. You have the ability to feel the moon and the power it offers because it is how you will survive as a dreamer. You must learn quickly how to use the power to control your wolf state, even sometimes, to subdue it if you must. The dreams you have will help you in your life, they come and go as they please, and when they come, you best watch and learn. Decipher them, and take action. You cannot force the dreams to come they must come to you. You were fighting sleep; you must never fight your sleep. Or there will be consequences.

“When you find that you suddenly need to sleep, it means your dreams need to be heard. It’s what you were just fighting against, and you already saw a small amount of what could happen. You may become physically ill, irritated, and your wolf side will also slowly take over and the longer you resist, the worse it shall become.”

What he was telling me was a lot of information to chew at once. “I didn’t ask for this.” I hissed. “No you did not.” The wolf replied smoothly, “You were chosen, chosen because you are the only one strong enough to handle what needs to be done. I’m sorry if this isn’t what you want, but you have no choice in the matter. You have been given the color, and you have been given the gift.”

I lifted my eyes to meet him, “Given the color?” I asked curiously. The wolf nodded his head, “Your wolf color is red is it not?” He asked. I nodded, “Red is only found on a dreamer.”

“Why me?” I asked.

“I already told you. You are the only one that will be able to handle it.” I shook my head, “Why did I dream now? Is this all you had to show and tell me?” I asked him. He shook his head, “No follow me.”

He got to his feet and ran past me in a blur. I transformed and ran after him, as I ran the ground underneath me began to change. It hardened and suddenly trees began to pop up all around me and soon we were in a forest. But still I followed the dream wolf until he finally stopped. I pulled up beside him and looked over the cliff where we now stood.

The cliff dropped down at a ninety-degree angle. Far below a river flowed violently, on the other side of the cliff was pure grassland that stretched as far as the eye could see. In the distance I could just barely make out the facility that we were headed to.

“Why are you showing me this?” I asked turning to him. He stared off into the distance, “When to time comes, and you recognize this place.” He told me, “You must put others before yourself. They will not understand your decision, nor will they agree with it, but you must, for the sake of the world you must not go with them.”

“I don’t understand.” I said honestly. He smiled a wolf smile, “For everyone’s sake I hope you will.” Then suddenly everything was black.
~ ~ ~ ~

“Rory are you alright?” I heard Damien ask. I opened my eyes; everyone was standing over me watching carefully. Damien was kneeling next to me. “What happened?” I asked sitting up.

“You just collapsed; you were out for five minutes.” He told me. I touched my forehead, “Five minutes?” I asked. I had been in the dream world for at least twenty.

“Five.” Damien said positively. I shook my head and got to my feet, “How are you feeling?” Jason asked me. I looked up at him. “Fine.” And I did, I felt well rested, and I wasn’t feeling moody at all. “Let’s get going.” Jason nodded once, and once more, we went and sat in the back on the armored vehicle. Damien and Jason stretched out and were soon asleep after a few more hours of the trucks rhythm. But I couldn’t fall back to sleep. I was too busy pondering everything that I had learned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its a bit short. I'm not really sure how many chapters we have left of this story. At least ten. But I'm officially out of school! YAY!!! So I'll have some time on my hands before I get a job for the summer, which means I'll be able to write a bit more than I have been. = )
_CORRI_