Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 31

I was exhausted. The boys slept like rocks, while I was left worrying over my dreams and Mason. Why was I so worried about Mason? I knew I was falling in love with him. I couldn’t deny that, but still. I should have been more worried about Blue than I was now, but Mason was the only one I could think of.

My brain felt fried, I had been working overtime in the past 48 hours. First, I had run off with Damien, out of anger. Only to find that by doing so I saved my life and Damien’s, I also found out that Vampires had attacked the caves and taken my friends prisoners, tricked and teamed up with a group of Vampires, turned into a wolf for the first time, found out that I’m a dreamer and could lose myself to the wolf side more easily, and on top of that, I was left trying to interpret my dreams. It was a long list.

Again, I was exhausted. I laughed bitterly, no humor at all. “Nice job Rory.” I told myself, “Look what you’ve gotten yourself into. You so easily trust your natural blood sworn enemy, and place your life in their hands.” I didn’t know what I was saying. I guess a part of me had a point. I shouldn’t have trusted the Vampires so easily, after all they did give their agreement to help us a little too easily. I hadn’t expected them to agree so quickly. But I guess that was the plan, and the hope. That they would agree. I let out a deep sigh.

My body ached, I felt bitter towards the world. And yet…I was trying to save it. I felt as if I was pregnant, my moods were everywhere, but more often than not I felt…angry. I knew that was the wolf side. I knew that I needed to be out in the moonlight, so I could learn to control it. I just didn’t have the time to spare to get out and take a soak in the moon.

Jason grumbled something in his sleep and shifted over on the floor. Damien was lying on the other bench. I dropped my head into my hands. I was so stressed out there was no way this plan was going to work.
Stop I told myself mentally, You have to get through this…for Mason. That always calmed me down and helped me focus. Mason. I had to do this for Mason.

~ ~ ~ ~

The next time we stopped was just a quick bathroom/feeding break. As soon as we stopped everyone sprinted in opposite directions. We were to meet back in ten minutes. I turned wolf and ran into the forest, leaving Damien and Jason behind. I need to be alone. I ran hard for three minutes until I was surrounded by the dead silence of the forest, and then I stopped.

I closed my eyes and focused every sense and thought on the power of the moon. I could feel it, just like I had felt it on the first night. Like the sun on your skin, that sort of feeling. I needed this moment, the moon powered my wolf side, but there was something else to, I was able to control it better. I could use it like miracle grow if I wanted, but right now I needed to control the wolf side, subdue it. I breathed slowly out my nose and focused.

I felt instantly better, so I soaked for a few minutes. When I opened my eyes, I felt even better. I felt myself, I wasn’t moody, and I was able to think clearly. It was almost like getting a full nights rest.

I breathed in and out deeply and turned into a human. In a few hours, the sun would rise…and we would finally arrive at the compound. The place I now feared, yet the one place I had the greatest desire to go to. “Mason.” I said softly, “I promise, I will come and save you.” I sighed, turned wolf, and ran back to the vehicles. Everyone was waiting for me, I jumped into the back of the armored vehicle and we were off.

“The next time we stop we will be getting the silver chains put on us. Are you sure you want to do this Rory?” Damien asked.

I shook my head, “No, No I don’t. But we really don’t have a choice do we? This is the only chance we have at saving our friends. We must try.” Jason nodded, Damien looked sad. “What is it?” I asked him.

“I don’t want to lose you like I lost my sister. You’re the only family I have.”
I blinked, then smiled, “Damien, you’re the only family I have as well.” I got up, sat next to him, and gave him a hug.

“So this is really it?” Jason asked, “In a few hours we are really going to try to take down the government’s project?” I nodded my head once.
“Indeed we are.”

~ ~ ~ ~
“Alright remember, you all will be weakened by the silver. You will have to trust us from here on out, if you don’t, well it’s not like you’ll be able to fight your way out.” The Vampires, Damien, and Jason explained to me that silver to wolves was like kryptonite to Superman.

We were about three miles away from the building. I was the last to get the chains put on me. I wished I never had to have them put on me in the first place. As soon as they touched my skin I felt drained of life, my head pounded painfully, my stomach felt empty, my muscled ached, my eyes even hurt. I moaned slightly and I lost my balance.

“Whoa there.” Jackson caught me before I fell. “You alright? You’ve barely had them on for ten seconds and you look as bad as someone that’s had them on for hours.” He told me, he felt my forehead, “You’re already beginning to burn up.” He said.

“I’ll be fine.” I forced myself to say. I had to be strong, if Mason and Blue could survive, so could I. Jackson helped into the back of the armored vehicle and we were on our way. Jason looked bad to, he was pale white, Damien looked bad, but he seemed to have to level of tolerance towards the silver. I guess that was the upside of being half ‘Super’.

“I feel horrible.” I managed to say. My throat fell dry, and suddenly I felt dizzy. I laid my head on my knees.
“Rory?” Damien asked.
“I’m alright.” I croaked, “I just…feel.” I fell to the floor. Blackness took me over.

~ ~ ~ ~

“Rory wake up! Don’t do this to me.” From somewhere in the depths of my mind I heard a familiar voice speak. I didn’t want to get up, the black abyss of my mind was so much more relaxing. I heart clanging of metal, I opened my eyes.

I was laying on my back, staring at a solid metal ceiling not two feet above me. I looked over to my side, bars, metal bars surrounded me; I was in a cage. Instantly my wolf side snarled and felt aggressive. Wolves weren’t meant to be in cages. Then I took in my surroundings, I wasn’t the only one in a cage.

Cages lined the walls and were filled with other wolves like me. I looked to my left, that side of the cage was against the wall, I looked to my right. “BLUE!” I yelled scrambling over to the bars. I reached out and we touched hands. “Hi.” She smiled, but it wasn’t Blue’s true smile, she was sad and hurt I realized.

She had cuts and bruises all over her face and arms. I had a feeling that they didn’t stop there. “What happened to you? Why haven’t you healed?”

“The metal of the cages have silver in them. It keeps us weak.” She frowned.“You got caught?” She asked. I looked around, there were camera’s in here. I nodded my head and turned back to her. I pulled my arm back, turned into a wolf, and tilted my head to Blue. She caught the drift and changed as well.
“What’s going on?” She asked.

“I’m here with Damien and Jason.” I told her. Her eyes widened.
“Jason’s alright?” She asked relieved, “How is he?”
“He’s alright, worried sick about you, but alright.” I told her. “Listen Blue, we have a plan to get everyone out of here and possibly making it safe for us to live with the Vampires.”

She snorted and growled, “Don’t even joke about things like that.”
“Blue I’m serious; we’ve teamed up with a team of Vampires. They are helping us.”

She was taken aback, “You…teamed up with them? You actually were foolish enough to trust them? You’re more foolish than I thought! They don’t care for us Rory, they want to kill us, suck our blood, use us like trained dogs. You name it and they will do it to us. Rory…you should have gotten away while you had the chance. You don’t know what they’ve done to us. I will never trust a Vampire. They are evil, heartless creatures that deserve to die…or worse.” She snarled.

“Are they really so different from us?” I asked her, “They are being used Blue, ordered around like dogs by the government, they want change. They want peace.”
“Ya when pigs fly.” She snapped.

“Blue…I said calmly, You haven’t seen the things I have seen. Damien is a half-” The doors opened and four Vampires walked into the room. Ones I had never seen before. Their eyes scanned the room whenever their eyes fell on a wolf, the wolves would growl or show their teeth. Then their eyes fell on me, and a small smile came to their lips.
“Look there.” The leader pointed, “Look at that red on there, I’ve never seen such a color on a wolf before.”

“Nor I. She will do fine. Bring her.” The Vampire waved his hand and the other three came forward to my cage. One held a pole with a silver loop on the end, like a dog catcher would carry. One had a muzzle in his hand and the other had a tranquillizer gun. They came for my cage.

I pulled my upper lip back out of instinct, but I stopped myself. I would not put up a fight. Instead I sat down pricked my ears forward. The Vampire with the pole stood ready as the one with the gun opened the lock to my cage. I dipped my head down so the silver looped slide easily over my neck and I stood up and walked out without fuss.

“Well she’s acting very un wolf like.” The man with the pole stated. The silver was already taking effect on me, but I fought against it and tried to remain upbeat. I wagged my tail.

“Well….ok then.” I followed the Vampires willingly. Blue looked at me as if I was crazy.
“Maybe it’s a wolf trick?” One Vampire asked when we got into the hall, “Maybe she’s trying to make us thing she’s friendly?”

“Of course it’s a trick, no wolf is civilized. We should just kill them all and be done with it.” The lead Vampire said. I put my ears back and let out a growl. Instantly they took a defensive stance, ready for anything.

“See my point? They cannot be trusted.” I stopped growling, put my ears forward, sat down on the cold hard floor, tilted my head, and looked him in the eye. Then I turned human.

“Or perhaps you just need to learn some manners.” I told him. I was still sitting on the floor. The Vampire snarled and grabbed my throat. I didn’t flinch, I remained still.
“Well, well the wolf speaks.” He said sarcastically, “Tell me savage, do you even know how to eat with silverware? Or do you just take everything raw and bloody with your teeth?”

“I actually like my steak medium well.” I said evenly, “And I prefer a chilled salad fork and I like oil dressing as a toping.” A threatening growled escaped his lips and I smiled. “Oh that’s right…you don’t eat normal food.” His hand hit my cheek and instantly it felt like fire. I let out a gasp involuntarily. This time it did not heal, thanks to the silver around my neck.

“Learn you’re place dog.” With that they marched me down the hall in silence. I realized then that I had no idea where all the males were. There had been only females in the room I had been in with Blue.

Mason where are you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry It's been forever since I've updated. And sorry his chapter is sucky. = / But, it will get better I promise. = )
_CORRI_