Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 32

I was tempted to turn back into my wolf state, but before I could decide on anything, I was pushed into a laboratory. Oh great. The doctor was tall, with surprisingly black hair and brown eyes; he wore a white lab coat with black framed glasses in his pocket. He turned when he heard us enter.

“Wow, one that isn’t in wolf form. Shocking.” He said pulling out his glasses. He walked to me I looked at him, unsure. He pulled a solid silver collar from his pocked and clasped it around my neck. The Vampires unhooked the device and left me alone with the doctor. I felt weaker already, the small chain they had used had been small, this thing…it was draining my life.

“Please sit down.” He said pointing to a metal table. I slid onto the cold surface and let my feet hang over the edge.
“So, what is your name?” He asked me.
“Rory. What’s yours?” I replied.
He smiled, but did not answer my question, “Were you three or four when you first turned into a wolf?” He walked over, tied my arm of with a piece of rubber, sanitized a small part of my arm, and began to draw blood.

“Neither.” I replied evenly, “I turned wolf the first time a few days ago.” The man froze in place, then collected himself and pulled the needle from my arm and had me hold a cotton ball to stop the small amount of blood.

He turned his back to me and looked at something on the counter, “I don’t like it when people lie to me.” He finally said.
“I’m not lying.” I told him evenly, “I am a special case…or so they tell me. I guess some humans have a certain blood that can soak in the virus or whatever. I was one such human, and I turned for the first time a few days ago.” The doctor hesitated again, I was telling the truth, he could tell that much and for some reason, that bothered him very, very much.

Finally he turned around and went to the door, he peered his head out, looked around, shut the door and locked it. He walked over to the camera in the corner of the room and turned it off. He took off his glasses and wiped his forehead nervously. “Something the matter?” I asked.

“I was worried about this.” He said finally, “I didn’t want to believe what I was seeing, but I cannot deny that the virus the wolves carry has passed over to me. I didn’t know how or if I was seeing things, but every day that passes I feel different, I don’t feel as tired after a long day. I seemed to empathize with you wolves. Now you tell me that…it happened to you.” He looked up at me, afraid.

I smiled at him, “That’s really awesome, being a wolf…is neat.” I didn’t want to lie to him, I wasn’t enjoying being a wolf right now but that was only because I was special…and the fact that everyone wanted us dead.

“No…” He shook his head, “This is not a good thing. If the Vampires find out, they will kill me, or put me in a cage like they do with your kind. I have to get away before they find out.” He said nervously.

“I’m sorry.” I told him, “I’m sorry that this happened to you, but there is no escaping it.” I bit my lip, if this man really was infected. Then that meant he would most likely die, unless the wolf dreams came to him.
“Listen.” I said sliding off the table, “You have to tell me if you start having dreams one night. If you do that’s a good sign if you don’t…well you could die.” I said honestly.
His eyes widened, “What do you mean die?” He asked.
“Well.” I rubbed my arm, “The wolf virus may transfer, but not all people are able to handle the virus in them. I became very sick, and then finally I had three dreams right in a row. But they weren’t normal dreams, they were very clear, and strange. There was a wolf in them, the color of the rainbow. If you get those dreams then you will live, if you don’t…then most likely the virus will kill you.”

His eyes widened even more, “Are you sure of this?” he asked. I nodded my head, “I must double my efforts then.” He said.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“I have been working on trying to find a cure to the virus.” He said.
“Why?”
“The vampires want it, to wipe out the threat that your race presents. To make you normal.”

“Why don’t they just kill us and be done with it?” The man shrugged, “I’m not sure. I know they kill some of you, but they want people to serve them the more you kill the less you have to follow you.” The doctor shrugged, he looked stressed out, “I must find a cure…for myself and for the Vampires.” He said.

“Please you must help me.” I told him, “I got caught on purpose. I’m looking for a wolf. His name is Mason, he turns charcoal gray when he is a wolf. Have you seen him?” I asked.
The doctor hesitated then went to the computer, and pulled up a file, Mason’s photo was on it. “Yes, that’s him!” I cried happily, “Can you have him brought here? It’s important I speak with him. Please.”

“I can’t help your kind, if the Vampires find out…” He trailed off.
“Please. You must help me-” I stopped mid sentence. Something was nagging at my mind. Sleep. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not now, please not now. I grabbed my head, I knew it was pointless to resist. “Ok listen to me. Please hear me out. I’m going to sleep right now. Hopefully only for a few minutes. When I wake up, I’ll be able to help you, but please. Let me stay here and sleep.” He thought then nodded his head. “Alright.”
“Thank you so much.” I got onto the table, laid down, and closed my eyes instantly I fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

I landed on the hill where I had dreamed of the battle. The wolf was there waiting for me. “What is it?” I asked him.

“This plan of yours is not going as well as you hoped. The vampires are having a harder time of convincing their comrades.” The wolf told me, “It is up to you once more.”

“How am I supposed to do anything? I’m a prisoner, this is the risk I took, I trusted the Vampires. It’s up to them now.”
The wolf shook his head, “No, they can only do so much. You are the one to stop this war Rory, you are the one to save everyone. You.

I groaned, “Why do I have to be the one?” I muttered. “Fine. What do I have to do?” I asked him.
“You need the doctors journal.” He told me. I had forgotten about the journal. I had wanted to go back for it, but I had never gotten the chance, “In the journal there is what the doctor needs. You need to somehow convince him to get someone to get the journal from the caves.”

“Why would I help him find the cure? I don’t want them to make the wolves normal. I doubt they do as well.” I said.
“The journal is so the doctor will gain your trust. He will not use the cure like the Vampires. But you need to gain his trust, you must.”

“Fine. Anything else?” I asked but he shook his head, “That is all…for now, but one more thing you should know. The silver effects you worse than others, it will make you less able to control you’re wolf side. Be wary, you need to bath in the moonlight more often, or try and convince them to not use silver on you.

~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up and sat up. I was still in the lab. “How long was I out for?” I asked him.
“Maybe three minutes. Why did you do that?” He asked.

I hesitated, “It’s not important right now. Listen, I know you don’t trust me and for that I am sorry. The wolves don’t like being in cages, nor do I. However I know what I must act like, they do not. I’m sorry if they have tried to hurt you, I am not like them.” I assure him, “But I know words will only assure you so much, so in order for me to gain your trust. I’m going to tell you where you can find the cure.” I told him about the journal in the caves and I drew a map of how to get to my room.

“If you get this journal and you get what you need. Will you help me? ” I asked him. He thought about it for a moment and then nodded.
“You are different like you said. I will help you and your kind, if this journal helps me.”

“Sounds fair to me….just one more thing.” I said, “The silver…it affects me worse than everyone else. Is there…some way that you could….?” I asked.
He was quiet, “I think I might be able to help.” He took the silver off from around my neck and instantly I felt better. I could feel myself healing. He told me would call for me again when he had the journal. Then the Vampires came and took me away. They questioned the doctor about the silver, but he told them he had injected me with something that would keep me weak. A new formula he was testing. They believed every word of it. I was tossed back into my cage and they left locking the door behind them.
“Are you alright?” Blue asked me.
I nodded, “Ya.”
“What happened?” She asked. I turned wolf, she did the same, and then I told her everything, starting from when I left the caves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I've finally started to figure it out. The next few chapters will be rough, but I know how I want things to end now. We probably only have about 10 chapters left or so. I'm not going to drag it out or anything. SO yea.
_CORRI_