Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 4

The day was boring. I found an old novel in the living room. Half the pages were ripped or too stained to read. I finally warmed up but I kept the blanket around me. I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours and made lunch. I wasn’t really hungry, but I didn’t have anything better to do so I ate to keep my strength up. I finished reading the old book when the sun was getting low in the horizon. I made dinner and sat at the table. I found a pen in an old drawer in the kitchen and drew designs on a paper plate out of sheer boredom.

I looked out the window through the cracks in the curtains and watched people and dogs walk the streets. Some exercising some coming home from work, I let out a sigh. Eventually it got dark, ‘Super’ wasn’t back yet and I was getting bored looking out the window. It was getting to cold and dark for people to walk, and dangerous. I closed my eyes and wished I were at the hospital. I loved the hospital. It was the only place where I felt comfortable; helping people.

I started to drift to sleep when I heard the kitchen door open. My eyes opened and I was off the couch in a heartbeat. He came in with a backpack on his back and another in his hand along with a bag. He closed the door before any more wind came into the warm house. He wore a thick jacket with the hood over his head.

He pulled it off and looked at me with a smile of relief, “You stayed.” I nodded unable to speak. He noted the blanket, “Are you still cold?” He asked worried.
“I-” My voice cracked so I cleared my throat and swallowed, “It’s just cozy…” I said quietly. He nodded and placed everything on the table.
“It seems they are more persistent than I thought, we have to leave tonight. I didn’t want to make you but…”
“Leave?” I interrupted. He nodded, “Leave where? Who are they?” I asked.
He let out a sigh but answered my questions, “Leave the city, and they would be the government, the other super humans as you like to call them.” He said pulling the stuff out of the bag.

“Leave the city?” I asked surprised.
“Yes it’s not safe here.” He said simply.
“Will it be anymore safe in any other city?” I asked. He paused.
“Probably not.”

“Then why go to another city if it’s not any safer? I didn’t ask you to save my life, I’m thankful but I’m not leaving.” I said more loudly. His grey silver eyes met mine and I was afraid again. I found I could speak to him just as long as I didn’t look at him. As long as I didn’t think about the fact that he was a ‘Super’.

He kept his gaze on me and moved closer, I shrunk back but he caught my arm, “You listen, and you listen carefully to what I’m going to tell you. Understand?” I nodded my head,

“Good. First, we aren’t going to another city, we are leaving this city.” My eyes widened but I remained silent, “I could have let you die four years ago. Whether I killed you or that pathetic excuse of a man, I don’t know why I saved you but I did. For some reason I am…pulled towards you. You remind me of something, but I can’t put my finger on it. They know that, and that’s why they came after you because they want me. So seeing how I can’t let you get hurt, which would happen if you stayed in this city, and seeing how I can’t remain here the only choice that gives me is to bring you along with me where I know you will be safe. With me. Understand?” He asked.

Leave the city? Leave the city?! No one leaves the city; you have to be crazy to leave the city. But then again, he is crazy. I nodded my head slightly and he let go of my arm and went back to the table. He started packing up the other bag and then threw me a black cloth. I opened it and found that I was a long warm jacket that stopped right above my knees. I took the blanket off and put the jacket on. It fit perfectly.

“Here this is yours.” He gave me the backpack, I put it on my shoulders, and adjusted the length so it fit better.
“Stick with me and you’ll be alright. But if you try anything, I will carry you.” He promised. I nodded my head again. He turned off all the lights and turned off the heating. I followed him out the door and he locked it and hid the key. We took back streets and allies the entire time. It was cold, so I pulled my hood up, and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I walked next to him silently the streets were empty. I looked up at the sky. It was partly cloudy, but I could make out the two moons.

“Beautiful aren’t they?” He asked. I looked at him and saw he was looking at them to.
“Yes.” I nodded. He smiled and we were quiet again. Finally we came to the edge of the city where the wall was. Every city had a security wall surrounding it. It was a precaution since strange creatures had emerged in the forests, which was also why no one left the cities. Plain fear; I was afraid of leaving the city. I looked at the strange super beside me. I would run when I got the chance, and then I would find help. They would not hurt me if they knew I was being held against my will. I would follow him, for now.

“Here we are.” He said quietly. At the end of the ally way, I looked down the street to my right and saw a security check where people came and left. Of course the road was safe; it was surrounded by security walls and such.

“I’m going to climb first to see that it’s safe. Stay here and stay quiet.” He said before sprinting towards the wall. He easily climbed the smooth black stone. I don’t know how he did it. He got to the top and looked over the other side. This was my chance. I took off running towards the security gate. Nevertheless, before I got thirty feet a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and I screamed.

“HELP ME!!” The security guards spotted me then came running. His arms didn’t move or loosen. I pulled against him but he didn’t budge a centimeter.
“Let her go!” One of the men said when they approached pulling out a gun from a holster that was secured at his hip. He moved one arm off me and tossed something to the guards.
“Government business, I’m sure you understand.” The security guard looked down at what I saw was some sort of I.D and he nodded his face pale.

“Sorry, of course.” They gave the ID back and went back to their booth as quickly as they had come. Of course, he was super; they wouldn’t bother him, no one ever got in their way. The other hand went over my mouth and he pulled me down the alley. I was so frustrated that I started to cry, I knew he wouldn’t hurt me, but I was angry. Why couldn’t he just leave me alone? Why did he have to care?

“That was very stupid.” He commented, “Now I have to carry you.” He lifted me up so I was riding piggyback. He held my arms around his neck with one hand and with the other started to climb the wall. I didn’t think he would be able to climb but we got further and further up.
Instinctively I grabbed onto him harder and closed my eyes. He let go of my hands and used both of his hands to climb since he knew I wasn’t going to go anywhere. He went faster then.

“You can open your eyes if you want.” He said. I opened my eyes. We were on top of the wall. We were above most of the closer buildings and I could see the most of the city from here. We where at least sixty feet up. It was gorgeous. He held onto my legs so I didn’t slip off.
“Are you easily scared?” He asked me.

“What?” I asked. Looking at his face, he was staring off into the distance away from the city. I realized then. Inside the walls it was bright and city was busy, when I looked outside the wall. Everything was dark, quiet, not a single light to see except the highways that randomly left the city and disappeared in the distance.

“I don’t think so…I mean I guess it depends.” I said honestly staring into the dark abyss below. The tall wild tree’s seemed violent from here, as if they were ready to grab me at any moment. He nodded at my answer.
“Then hold on. This is the fastest way down.” I looked back at the city and took in a last memory glance. Then he jumped. I screamed for a moment but then held the rest back. I hadn’t expected him to jump. Who would? The wind whirled around us and the ground was approaching fast. I instinctively closed my eyes.

Then we stopped. I opened my eyes and realized that I was squeezing him like a Boa constrictor. I loosed my grip some and looked around. At the last moment, he had grabbed a large tree branch to stop the fall. We were still ten feet off the ground and he let go and landed softly. I was speechless and out of breath. He started walking and I held onto him. I drifted to sleep on his shoulders as he carried me on his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all, I updated another chapter for this story. Since my other one is coming to a close, it seems that this one is the winner, at least I think, i mean that could change if i randomly get a million subscribers to another story, anyway.
So i guess this is the next story I will be updating on!
comments and banners
_CORRI_