The Sound of a Million Dreams and Scars

Chapter 3

Image

I remember when I saw her for the first time. She was standing in front of me. She was having this little baby in her arms and had just spilt a whole bottle of milk for the baby on the floor and on her clothes at a Café. She looked so confused and embarrassed, because the baby was crying and she could not just put it down and dry the milk up. She was looking around to see if someone would offer her a hand, but they all seemed to be annoyed at the fact, that the baby was crying.

FLASHBACK

“Can I help you with something?” I asked her since no one else seemed to give her a hand. I was just dropping by at a Café in London to get a Caffè Latte.

“Will you? That would be nice of you.” She said and looked stressed. “Will you hold her please?” She said and handed me the baby. I didn’t really know if I was any good with kids. I handle really been around many kids, but all I had to do was holding a crying baby for a while, with people looking at me. “I’ll just dry this up.”

“I can hold her” I said and took the baby in my arms. She was sweet. She didn’t seem more than a few months old. I tried to comfort her and it seemed to help a little. The girl got a cloth and dried the milk up from the floor. I sat down at a table with the baby in my arms. I slowly cradled her to see if it worked. She stopped crying.

“Thank you so much” The girl said and sat down next to me. She took the baby back, probably thinking that I wouldn’t want to hold her any longer, but I really didn’t mind. “I’m glad someone offers a little help. I just wanted a quick coffee and then all this mess happens and it was my last bottle. Shit!” She said. She looked really confused. Like she didn’t know where to put herself.

“Can’t you just br…” I was trying to say breastfeed, but she cut me.

“No, it’s not my kid.” She said and smiled. She finally seemed a little relaxed.

“Can I get you a cup of coffee or something?” I asked her guessing she hadn’t got one yet.

“Yea, that would be nice. A Caffè Latte, please.” She smiled once again. She had an attractive smile. Her teeth were really white and were lined perfect except for one tooth, that stuck a little more out than the others. I got up to buy two Caffè Latte. When I walked back I realized how beautiful see was. She had long black hair with a cute fringe. Her skin was slightly pale and her lips were pink. I sat down and gave her the coffee.

“I’m sorry. I haven’t even introduced myself to my rescuer. I’m Sinikka.” She said and smiled. “And this is Tasha” She looked at the baby.

“I’m Jackson” I introduced myself. “Sinikka is a special name. I’ve never heard of it.”

“It’s Finish. I’m from Finland. I’m only here to visit the family I have over here.”

“That’s cool. How long will you stay here then?” I asked. I was curious. She seemed really sweet and I was desperate to get to know her.

“For another 8 days.” We finished our coffees and actually left together. We were going the same way anyway. At least she thought. I was just making an excuse to talk to her a little more, until I couldn’t keep walking the wrong direction.

“I have to turn.” I said to her and she stopped walking. She was pulling a pram. The baby, Tasha, had fallen to sleep.

“Oh” She said. “Thank you so much for the help today and for keeping me entertained.” She smiled at me.

“You too.” I said. “What about dinner some day?” I had to ask her. I couldn’t just let her go, and never see her again.

“Tomorrow?” She said and made it clear she wanted to.

“I’ll pick you up. Where are you staying?” She told me where she was staying and we decided it had to be at 7 pm. We split up, but it was with a smile on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy it, but still I miss the comments.