Status: Hiatus.

Love At First Flight

Prologue: Flying. Broken.

He always loved flying. Always. From the day his father first took him into a hot air balloon. His father worked with all types of flying, from airplanes and helicopters to parachutes and hand-gliders. The love of flying probably ran through the family, because Aaron Philips was hooked on his first trip. Angela Philips, Aaron’s mother, had her first date with Jack Philips on a parasailing date. Parasailing. When you get on a boat, and after getting harnessed onto a parachute, you jump into the air. The parachute and harness both do their part to keep you hanging over the water, practically weightless.

When Jack Philips died, the entire Philips family was devastated. Angela went into a depression when the realization of being a widow hit her. Aaron isolated himself from his peers, deciding to spend his time flying; his and his father’s shared hobby. Aaron’s grandparents, on both sides, went into a shocked state and were put into a nursing home at not a very old age, each being in their 70s. Even the family’s pet dog hung his tail between his legs. The Philips’ thought that nothing would be the same again.

Eventually, the Philips family got over the death of their beloved family member, but the memory still hung with Aaron. The damage he had done when he separated himself from his friends was still there. Therefore, he kept flying, feeling better when he found himself in the air. No one could hurt him there.

Angela had found herself remarried to a guy who seemed to be pretty nice. She decided to pull herself out of her depressed state to start taking people on flying trips, anything to do with flying. Charlie, the beagle puppy, had gotten happier, too. The only one still upset about Jack Philips’ death was Aaron.

Introducing Auster Williams, a girl who’s been broken for so long. Her looks captivate Aaron, and her quiet demeanor reels him in. Aaron is completely hooked on Auster at first sight. She’s shy, and can only say a few words at a time to a person. Her beauty astounds Aaron. One of those ‘look beyond the surface’ beauties that come around once in a lifetime. One of those girls who really impact a person.

This quiet beauty holds her entire history as a secret that only she knows. She and her mom, to be more specific. The two keep the other together, but how long before it stops working? Evangeline Williams herself isn’t as stable as she should be, and the same goes for Auster. How can either help the other if they can hardly help themselves first?

And she bottles up her feelings. And she passes by, day by day. And she breaks a bit more every second. And she desperately needs someone to save her.

---

This is an original story. That means that I own everything about this. Unless I mention something that is already copyrighted (like a restaurant, band, song, etc.) then that doesn't belong to me. All characters are mine, however. All the writing is mine. Unless I mention that somebody helped me, this is all by me. Sorry about this little 'me, me, me' thing, I just really don't want this to be stolen.

Note; The character pictures aren't exactly how I pictured Aaron and Auster. Very close, but not exactly. I still had to edit the eye color and other miscellaneous stuff, too, anyways.

The prologue to this story, which is just up above over there, has been entered into sadly.sadistic's Prologue Contest. Prologue's word count is 477.