Status: Completed. There is a prequel and sequel in the works.

Just Burn the Photographs

When Flying Feels Like Falling.

"Baby, wake up. You're home."
Ellie's small body quickly jerked up and looked outside the window. They were driving on Route 3 through Dupo, Illinois.
Her eyes lit up.
"Excited?" Matt teased. "Hell yeah! I haven't been home in over a year!"
The last time she was home it was during the short time between shows on Warped Tour, after Japan.
"Well, we're gonna be there soon. The guys are gonna go check into the hotel and chill out there."

"We'll be there in about 5 minutes," the driver called out.
She changed into black board shorts and a band tee.

Another 5 minutes past and they pulled in front of a big blue house.
Matt and Ellie linked hands and walked to the front door.
_________________________________________________

"Yeah, we met because of our friend Alicia." Ellie said ad she leanned back onto the back of the couch.
"How long have you two been together?" Ellie's mother asked, looking at her sister strangly.
"Almost 6 months," Matt answered with a smile.

"Hey, Ell, come here for a minute. I wanna show you my new tattoo."

Ellie stood and walked with her sister towards the bathroom.
"Where'd ya get it?"
Ellie asked as Felicia closed the door.
"Stop pretending."
"Huh?" She faked confusion, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Ellie..." Felicia gave her baby sister a stern look.
"I'm not pretending, I really like Matt." She averted her eyes quickly.
"Don't lie to yourself, I know you still love Gerard. And I know he still loves you."
Ellie sighed. "How do you know? I didn't even know."
"He's been calling me. He doesn't know what else to do. Says he hasn't drank since that day. He really loves you Ellie. And it's killing him."

Ellie fought back tears that dared to fall down her face. "He'll get over it. It's been almost a year. He can manage. He didn't want me then, why would he want me now?"
She left the bathroom and returned to Matt's side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second day, first update! I'm getting better, haha.