All I Want Is You

We'll now I won't hesitate no more...

I came out of my bedroom wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a baggy t-shirt. My wedge heels made no sound against the carpet as I walked up behind an unsuspecting Jackson.

“Ready.” I whispered into his ear.

He jumped a bit before turning around and wrapping his arms around my waist. “We could just stay here...”

“Nice try. Ashley would probably come kill you. Let’s go!” I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door. I slung my bag over my shoulder and closed the door behind us.

We walked along the streets hand in hand. “What are you and Kellan going to do while we shop?” I asked as we walked.

“Oh. Shop probably, just not at girly stores.” He smiled.

“I always wondered what guys shopped for.”

“Clothes. Manly clothes.” He said laughing.

I shook my hand has we rounded the corner on to the next street. There was an outdoor cafe about halfway down the street. I immediately recognized Kellan’s bulky figure sitting at one of the tables. Beside him sat a slim girl with chocolate brown hair. They were back to us, but her whole body was bobbing enthusiastically in conversation.

“I’m guessing that’s Ashley.” I said as I pointed towards the figure.

“Yep.” He shook his head and smiled as we approached the table.

“Hey guys.” Jackson said as we stepped in front of Ashley and Kellan.

“Oh my god. Hey!” Ashley squealed as she stood up from the table. Kellan and Jackson were trying to contain their laughter. I had never seen someone so excited to meet me.

“I’m Ashley. It’s so great to finally meet you!” She skipped the handshake and went directly into a hug. A crushing hug.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” I managed to squeeze out, using up the last of my precious oxygen supply.

“Jackson, she’s even more beautiful than I thought.” She said, smiling from ear to ear.
I blushed red. “Thank you.” I whispered. We sat down at the table then and ordered our food. Ashley was practically bouncing in her chair.

“Where are we going to shop?” I asked her has the boys talked about cars or sports or something.

“Rodeo Drive!”

I smiled and laughed. “Sounds great.”

When we finished eating I barely had time to peck Jackson on the cheek before I was dragged off into Ashley’s car. She chatted excitedly for the short drive, asking me questions about my designs and school.

We pulled up in front of the first store, BCBG, and stepped inside. It was easy to get along with Ashley, and to most we probably looked like old friends. We chatted excitedly as we held clothes up to each other and took pictures with our camera phones. I held up an orange tank top with gold details in the front.

“You should get that, Jackson loves you in orange.” She said before turning back to the rack of tank tops.

“What?” I asked.

“The dress you wore last night, he said he loved it.”

“When did he tell you this?” I said.

“When you went to the bathroom after breakfast.” She smiled.

I blinked and shook my head, draping the shirt over my arm.

“He’s never been like this before.” She said, still not looking at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked, my face turning red.

“Kellan and I have known Jackson for a long time. He like, never dates. Ever. But he is like enthralled with you. I have never seen him so happy to be around someone. When he isn’t with you, all he does is talk about you. He told me he’s falling in love. And it’s only been three weeks.”

I was shocked. I knew Jackson liked me, but I didn’t know this was out of character for him. For him to tell his best friends that he was falling in love with me, well, that left me speechless. I was so happy to know that we were on the same page, and that I made him just has happy has he made me.

“Thank you.” I said.

Ashley gave me a confused look. “Why?”

“Because I know that we feel the same way about each other now. I’m falling in love with him too.”

She smiled and gave me a hug. “I’m so happy for you both.” She said.

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and gossiping. But I was distracted. Now that I knew how he felt, I need to see him again. The day felt like it was dragging on forever. Usually I loved to shop. But right now there was only one place I could think of being.

Curled up in Jackson’s arms.