All I Want Is You

We got the choice if it all goes wrong

The hardest part about this all was that I had to go back to class. I didn’t have time to call Jackson either. This meant I would have to sit in class, bubbling with excitement until class ended or I heard from BCBG, whichever came first.

I tapped my foot rhythmically against the floor. I used my hair to shield my face, trying to avoid the stares and whispers from my classmates. Emily had informed me that I was the talk of the school.

“You’re dating a movie star and your dress is all over the news!” She exclaimed when I asked her why.

“It’s not a big deal.” I had sighed.

Now I was sitting here, listening to their whispers. I wondered if anyone knew about BCBG. I didn’t notice the girl walk in to the room and hand a note to my instructor.

“Elizabeth, the Dean would like to speak with you.” She said before continuing with the lesson on effective use of texture.

I ignored the stares has I silently gathered my things and exited the room. I took a deep breath and walked down the long hallway towards the Dean’s office. She was standing outside the door, a huge smile on her face.

“There is a man on the phone from BCBG and he wants to speak with you!” She said excitedly.

I blinked rapidly and froze in the spot before she gently pushed me into her office. “Phone is on the desk.” She whispered before closing the door and leaving me alone in the room.

I found myself staring at the black headset, in some sort of trance, before I realized what was happening and quickly picked it up.

“Hello.” I said, in the most confident voice I could muster.

“Is this Elizabeth Evans?” the man asked. I nodded my head before realizing he couldn’t see me.

“Yes, with whom am I speaking to?” I sounded so, so business-like. Yay me!

“This is Jay Sampson. I’m responsible for finding new collections for BCBG. After seeing the dress you made for your friend and reviewing your sketches, I would like to have a meeting with you. Is there any way you could be excuse from class for a lunch meeting?”

OH MY GOD! I calmed myself before answering “One moment please!” I ran from the office, almost running into the Dean when I threw the door open.

“He wants a meeting! Can I be excused from classes?” I said breathlessly.

“Of course, of course!” She said as she practically threw me back into the office. I was guessing this didn’t happen very often.

I ran back to the phone, narrowly avoiding tripping over a stack of files.

“I’ve been excused. Where would you like to meet?” I answered, trying to mask the excitement in my voice.

“Maybe Cafe Rouge on Rodeo Drive? It’s very close to the store, so we can go back there after the meeting.”

“Perfect. I’ll see you at twelve then Mr. Sampson.” I was smiling to myself. I had never been this excited about something before.

“Ok. See you then Elizabeth. Thank you for speaking with me.” He said before hanging up the phone.

My whole body was trembling with excitement as I left the Dean’s office. She told me to go home and change before the meeting. I texted Emily and told her the news, to which she replied “Holy shit!”. But there was one person I needed to talk to the most.

I practically jogged to my apartment. I ran through the door and directly to my closet. I pulled out a grey skirt and a white tank top with ruffles. I found my most business-like bag and stuffed my design portfolio inside. I grabbed my wallet and phone from my school bag and the keys to Jackson’s car. I didn’t think he would mind if I took it.

I slid into the car for the first time since dropping Jackson and Rob off. I was momentarily struck by the scent of cologne and cigarettes. I felt myself tear up has I realized how easy it was for me to pick out the scent of Jackson. It was so familiar, so comforting. I took a deep breath and pulled myself together.

I drove carefully to the cafe, but I was nearly an hour early. Perfect. I had time to call Jackson. I dug through my purse for my phone, flipping it open and smiling at the picture of me and Jackson, making funny faces for the camera. I dialled his number and wait patiently through the rings and long distance notices for him to pick up.

“Hey babe!” His melodic voice said through the phone.

“Jackson! Oh, I miss you so much! This has been such a crazy day!”

“I miss you too Lizzie. Is everything okay?” he voice became serious.

“Oh, everything is more than okay. You aren’t going to believe this Jackson! I am sitting outside BCBG, because I have an interview with a design scout in half an hour!” I squealed out the last part, excitement taking over.

“Lizzie! That’s fucking awesome! What does this mean?”

“If they like me, they’ll start carrying my designs! I had a meeting with the Dean at school this morning and if they take my designs, I can graduate early!” I was practically yelling now, everything was finally hitting me.

“Lizzie! Babe, that’s awesome! I’m so proud of you.”

“Oh Jackson, I wish you were here. I miss you so much.” I sucked in a breath, holding back tears.

“I wish I was there too! Or that you were here. You would love Canada. Toronto is so cool. I lived here before, but you would just love it here. I bought you something, well, Ashley picked it out actually.” He said, chuckling at the end.

“Aw! Thanks! I can’t wait until you come home.” I said. I glanced down at my watch. Shit! Time had flown by and it was nearly time for my meeting.

“Oh, Jackson baby, I’m sorry, I have to go! It’s time for my meeting. Call me tonight, ok?” I said as I was getting out of the car.

“Ok. I love you Lizzie! Good luck!”

“Love you too! Bye!” I said before flipping the phone shut and running across the street.

This was it, I was about to find out if BCBG would carry my designs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go!