All I Want Is You

I call the shots.

The past week and a half had been so crazy. I had hired a publicist and a lawyer, signed a contract with BCBG, visited my new office and studio and submitted more designs to my wonderful new seamstresses. They were the sweetest girls, and the smiled every time I walked in to my office. I was there quite a bit, editing designs, checking on the things that were made, meeting with my publicist and things like that.

But today I was coming in for one reason, and one reason only. Today was the day I got to see the ad and the logo. The ad, featuring up and coming model Lulu Bask, would be run in magazines across the country and would be on a billboard in LA. The logo would hang in the windows of BCBG and a tiny version would be featured on the inside tag of every item of clothing.

I had dressed casually that morning, like I always did for work related things. I got into Jackson’s car and smiled. I was picking him and Rob up at the airport tomorrow afternoon. I couldn’t wait to see him, I missed him so much and had so much to share with him. I had sent him pictures from the model casting, the studio before and after, and a group shot of me and my three seamstresses. I may have thrown some not so fashion related pictures in there. Yah. I went there.

When I pulled up in front of the studio, I couldn’t help but let out a girly giggle. I still couldn’t believe this was happening. I walked through the door and was greeted by “my ladies” as I called them.

“How does this look?” One of them asked me, holding up half sewn black dress.

“It looks great. Is that the one with the gold trim?” I asked.

“Yeah! Almost done!” She smiled.

“Great, I can’t wait!” I said as I continued to my office.

I saw it right away, the brown envelope on the desk. I set my bag down on my desk and hook my sunglasses on my shirt. My hands were shaking as I gently opened the envelope, being careful not to tear the contents. I pulled out a folder marked “E&J Winter 2008/2009 Campaign”. I slid the glossy paper out of the package and suppressed a delighted scream when I saw the ad.

Image

I knew what was in the next folder, but I had no idea what the logo would look like. I actually did a little dance around my office when I seen it.

Image

After emailing Jay about the butterfly thing, he had agreed we could use them on the logo and in the ad. I was so excited that this logo would be seen all around LA, and that my name would be right along with it.

I carefully took pictures of the ad and the logo. Jackson knew nothing about the name or the butterflies. I had kept him in the dark about the whole thing. I sent him a quick text along with the pictures. I noticed the message light was blinking on my office phone.

I dialled my inbox and listened carefully to a message from Paula, my publicist.

“Lizzie, it’s Paula. Teen Vogue just called and they want to do an interview with you after Christmas for their February issue. Just about the line, but there may be some relationship questions. Let me know what you think. Talk to you soon.”

I quickly called Paula back. I couldn’t believe Teen Vogue wanted to do an interview with me. I knew this was a big step for the line and for me. The press had slowly been catching on to Jackson and I, especially since the day at the airport.

After telling Paula I would do the interview, I stopped by the art store to get some supplies and then at the grocery store to get food to make dinner tomorrow.

I unlocked the apartment door and walked straight to my calendar. I crossed off today and let out a squeal. The next day read JACKSON COMES HOME! with little hearts drawn around it.

Tomorrow couldn’t come quick enough. I guess our nightly phone call would have to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I'm almost caught up to Quizzie!