All I Want Is You

No insurance for the unthinkable.

We made plans to be unbreakable,
love was all we knew.
No insurance for the unthinkable,
blindly get us through.
We've been searching for a lifetime-
short as it may seem.
Riding on the fumes that spark us,
while igniting dreams.

Mae/Mistakes We Knew We Were Making

I was never one for drama. My life had gone along smoothly, according to plan. Until this moment. Tears were streaming down my face as I turned the plastic stick over and over in my hand. The result was undeniable.

I found myself shaking the stick, hoping that dreaded word would fade away. I found myself thinking of the movie Juno.

“That’s not a, etch-a-sketch. That’s one doodle that can’t be undid.”

Shit. I sat on the cold bathroom floor crying. This was not what I wanted! How did this happen? How could I let myself ruin everything?

I didn’t know the answers. But I needed time to think. Because I didn’t want this.

I was pregnant.

........................

JACKSON’S POV

The apartment was dark when I got home. Lizzie’s car had been in the parking garage though. She hadn’t called me and told me she was going anywhere. Dean was sleeping lazily on the sofa. The only light on in the apartment was in the bathroom.

“Lizzie!” I hollered. No one answered.

When I walked past our bedroom, I noticed a basket of clean clothes tipped over on the bed.

Had we been robbed?

No, that was stupid. Everything else was in place.

Nothing in the bathroom was changed either. I reached to pull my cell phone out of my pocket when I seen it.

The box stared up from the counter like an ominous beacon. My heart raced in my chest and I felt like I was going to puke.

Clear Blue Advanced Pregnancy Test

99% accurate up to 4 days before your first missed period!

I stood like an idiot in the empty bathroom. Was Lizzie pregnant? Where was she now? I needed to know. Why had she left and not told me what was happening?

I dialled her number. I may have actually had my fingers crossed in hopes that she would pick up. Straight to voicemail.

“Please Lizzie. We need to talk about this. Just tell me where you’re at. Please call me Lizzie. I’m not angry, I’m worried. I love you. Please call.”

I shook my head and walked into the bedroom. I lowered myself onto the bed. I rested my elbows on me knees and my head in my hands.

What had gone wrong here? Why had she left instead of coming to me first? Had she thought I would be angry?

I pondered these questions for what seemed like hours.

The only thing I knew was that my fiancé was missing, and she was quite possibly pregnant with our child.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please??