All I Want Is You

Mistakes we knew we were making.

I had left the apartment in a hurry. I didn’t know where I was going. I had shoved one of my larger purses full of random clothes from the clean laundry basket.

My black sunglasses covered my face. I hadn’t even considered taking my car. I was regretting that now. My feet hurt and I felt like I was going to puke. I wasn’t sure if it had been because I was so warm and exhausted or if it was morning sickness.

It felt so weird to even think about anything pregnancy related. This whole thing had occurred to me just days ago, while I was sitting in my office. I had felt like crap the last few days, and I thought I had the flu. But the smell of food was repulsing me and the smell of Jackson’s cologne made me gag.

When I realized what all this might mean, I had hid it form him pretty well. When he went to an audition, I had gone to the drugstore and got the test. I had no idea what I would do if the result was positive.

I still didn’t know what to do. In the back of my mind I knew that running from this was the wrong thing to do. I knew that not being there when Jackson was home would kill him. But I needed to think about this.

And that’s how I ended up here, alone, in a random hotel. I had been so thankful when I found it. I needed to sit down, I needed to rest. This whole thing was taking a toll on me.

I sat on the edge of the bed. I listened to the messages on my phone and my heart broke.

He knew.

Of course I had left the box on the counter. Could I do anything right? He said he wasn’t mad, and I knew he wouldn’t be. But I was scared. I had never been so scared in my life. I was cowardly of me to run, and I still wasn’t sure why I had. I guess I just needed some time to think. Some time alone.

I wasn’t alone though was I? I lay back on the bed, tracing my finger over my stomach. I was terrible with children. They were messy and smelly and loud. It had never been something I had desired.

Was there any way I could be happy with this?

....................

JACKSON’S POV

I had never felt so helpless in my life. I knew that if I could talk to her, if I could bring her home, that we could work this out. I was nearly 25, I could be a father. I had thought about this all afternoon. It was late in the evening now. I needed to know where Lizzie was. It was killing me, not to be able to hold her, to comfort her.

I called the only other person I could think that she might contact.

“Ada?” I said when she picked up the phone.

“Jackson?” She sounded surprised.

“Have you heard from Lizzie?” I asked, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat when I said her name.

“Not since yesterday. Jackson, what’s wrong.” She asked, I could hear the concern in her voice.

“She’s pregnant and she left!” I blurted out, tears stinging my eyes.

“What do you mean she left?”

“I don’t know where she is. She won’t answer her phone and I found the empty box. I just don’t understand why she would leave.” I said.

“Rob and I are coming over okay?” She said, and I could hear her running through the house.

“You guys don’t have to do that.” I whispered.

“Yes, we do. You need us, Lizzie needs us. We have to find her.” Ada said.

“Okay.” I said, defeated. I hung up the phone and sat down on the sofa, checking my messages again. Nothing. There was nothing from Lizzie.

I sent her a text.

I love you. Please come home. – Jackson

It had been almost six hours since I had come home. It was late and I was worried, even more than I had been before. She didn’t have a car, so I didn’t know how she got where she had decided to go. What if she got hurt?

“Jay?” Rob said. I hadn’t even noticed the door opening.

“Jackson?” Ada said, sitting beside me on the sofa.

“I need her to come back.” I whispered.

“She didn’t leave a note or anything?” Rob asked, rubbing his chin.

“Nothing except the empty box.”

“We have to try and find her.” Ada said, standing up.

Her eyes became bright and her jaw clenched. She was on a mission.

“Well come on!” She said, stomping her foot a bit. I stood up off the sofa, taking a deep breath and reaching for my keys.

Ada was reaching from the doorknob when her phone rang. She pulled her phone out of her bag and just looked at it for a minute.

She looked up at me and swallowed.

“It’s Lizzie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
=)