All I Want Is You

Im keeping you forever and for always.

“No.” I said as Ashley held another dress. The waist was too low, I had to find an empire waist dress. I had to accommodate the growing bump. Although we had been to four shops, I still hadn’t found a dress I liked. Which meant we hadn’t found a dress for Ada, who was thrilled to be a bridesmaid, either.

“What about this one?” Ada asked, holding up a slightly beaded dress with a pink ribbon at the empire waist. It was perfect. I crossed my fingers, hoping they had one that would fit.

“Excuse me.” I said to the petite woman who owned the boutique. She had been staring at us, wide-eyed in amazement at Ada and Ashley’s celebrity status, since we had entered the boutique.

“Y-y-yes. Can I help you?” She stuttered. I smiled reassuringly.

“Could I try this one on?” I asked, pointing to the dress I was now holding.

She nodded he head eagerly. “This way.” She said, beckoning with her towards the dressing room.

“Thanks.” I said as I slipped into the room. I pulled off my loose skirt and my t-shirt, sliding into the dress carefully. I realized that I couldn’t reach the zipper on my own, if it would even zip, so I asked Ada to come in with me.

“Zip me please. Or try to.” I asked, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I hoped it fit, since we had only a few short days before the wedding. It was planned for the coming Saturday. Our families and friends were flying in Thursday night. Jackson had his tux, Rob, his best man, had his suit. Everyone was ready, every detail was worked out, except mine and Ada’s dresses.

I took a slow breath as I felt Ada fumble with the zipper. I was expecting some yanking or tugging, but the zipper came up in one swift motion. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I gasped. The dress fit perfectly, skimming gently over my expanding stomach, the hemline just grazing my toes.

“It’s perfect.” Ada whispered. When I turned to her she had tears slipping down her cheeks.

I let out a soft giggle. “Why are you crying?” I asked, giving her a hug.

“You look so beautiful.” She smiled, sniffing away the tears. “Let’s show Ashley.”

I stepped out of the dressing room feeling triumphant. I had found the perfect dress. After getting Ashley’s approval and finding the perfect shoes, we began the hunt for Ada’s dress.

The hunt didn’t last very long. As soon as I seen the dress, I knew it was so perfectly Ada, but so perfectly me at the same time, that we had to have it. It was a vintage dress, with beautiful capped sleeves and an intricate fabric texture, but it was the beautiful pink color that was most striking.

“Ada, I think we should get this one.” I said, holding the dress out to her.

Her eyes sparkled with delight. “I’ll go try it on.” She smiled, taking the dress from my hands.

When she stepped out of the dressing room, I was even more convinced. Her tanned skin offset the color beautifully, and her dark hair only highlighted the color even more. We exchanged a look of approval with each other.

We paid for the dress and head back to the hotel. We would keep my dress in Ashley’s room, so that Jackson had no chance of seeing it.

I realized while I soaking in the bath tub that I was only days away from getting married. The thought both frightened me and made me extremely happy at the same time.

I knew that there was no reason to be nervous or frightened. Jackson and I were made for each other, has was evident by all of the things that had happened in the past few months. You couldn’t help but believe in fate when the person who helped you up off the sidewalk ended up being the man you fell in love with. No, I thought to myself, the really was no reason to doubt this. Jackson was all I would ever want, ever need. I would spend the rest of my life with him and our child.

What more could you ask for, then to spend your life like that?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have fifty subcribers. It would be awesome if you all commented! Lol. Thanks for reading! xxoo