All I Want Is You

All I need is to feel you...

We arrived at the gala 20 minutes late due to my incredibly poor sense of direction. Thankfully it hadn’t started yet, people were still pouring in to the building. Emily had been texting me the whole way there, much to Jackson’s amusement.

“Okay, so she is totally going to attack you. She’s my best friend, but she is a little enthusiastic.” I was trying to prep Jackson for the fan girl in Emily.

“It’s ok. She’ll get over it, I’m rather boring.” He smiled and squeezed my hand. I shook my head, resulting in another grin.

Jackson parked the car and came around to my side. I barely had my feet on the ground when I heard her.

“Lizzie! Holy fuck you look awesome. You should see the people here!” She was screaming.

Jackson stood off to the side, grinning at our little exchange. I watched him step ahead, a huge smile plastered on his face. I knew what he was about to do. Bad idea Jackson, bad idea.

“Hello, you must be Emily. I’m Jackson.” He said, politely extending his hand.

Emily’s jaw dropped and her handbag fell to the ground. I bent to pick it up, chuckling to myself.

“JACKSON FUCKING RATHBONE!” Emily screamed. Great, now everyone in central Los Angeles knew exactly where Jackson was.

Emily vigorously shook his hand, beaming from ear to ear. “Pleasure to meet you.” Jackson said.

“Holy shit, I’m talking to a movie star.”

“Jesus Emily, can you be a little saner please, hopefully you’ll be talking to him a lot more.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s my boyfriend Em. You’re my best friend, it’s only naturally that your paths will cross.” I answered simply.

“YOU’RE DATING! When were you going to tell me this?” Emily bellowed.

“Right now. I just told you. We just made it official.” I answered, smiling at Jackson.

Emily just stood there, staring at us like an idiot.

“We should go in. We’re already late.” I said before taking Jackson’s hand and walking towards the entrance.

“Yeah, we should.” Emily stuttered, trailing behind us.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

It was 12:00 when we left the fashion show. Everything had gone as wonderful as possible. We had raised more money than any previous year and it was a lot of fun. We were back in the car now, driving towards Jackson’s.

“You looked beautiful.” He whispered, using his free hand to hold mine.

“Thanks.” I answered.

I had to go back to Jackson’s and get my stuff, and change. I was pretty sick of this dress.

When we got back to his apartment, I quickly changed and grabbed my bag.

“Ready.” I said emerging from the bathroom.

He stood of from a stool at the counter. He came to me and pressed his lips against the sin of my neck.

“Stay.” He whispered.

“Jackson, I don’t think—“ he cut me off there.

“Just stay Lizzie.” He said, moving his lips to my mouth. After he finally broke for air he took wrapped his arms around me.

“I’m not asking you to have sex with me.” He said, his green eyes full of hurt.

“I know.” I answered.

“I just want to hold you, to be near you. All I want is you.” He whispered. He was seriously wearing down my defences. I had no idea why I didn’t want to stay. I was just scared things were moving too fast.

“Okay.” I said. “I’ll stay.”

He pulled me in against him, kissing me again. Then he let go, taking my hand and leading me to his room. I crawled in to his huge bed in my shorts and tank top. He walked in to the bathroom. I smiled as I could smell his woodsy cologne on the sheets. He came out of the bathroom wearing his boxers and climbed in the bed next to me. His arms reached out for me, pulling me against him. I tucked my head in against his warm chest. He sighed in to my hair.

“Goodnight Elizabeth.” He whispered.

I wrapped my arms around him tighter and drifted off to sleep.