Status: Finished

Killing Joy

After The Nap

Image

My eyes flickered open and just noticed that I was still on Caleb’s bedroom. It felt good, really… i just wanted to be in that bedroom as long as I could, but since I was taking the couch, and Caleb was being s smartass selfish husband, so I wouldn’t be able to sleep in that roomy bedroom.

I got off from the bed and stretched my back letting out a wide yawn. I wander, where Caleb was. And so, I walked out from the bedroom as a heavy scent of my favorite food, grilled rainbow fish trout strike my face. Holy crap!! I sniffed vigorously and made my way to the kitchen where Caleb stood. He was facing his back to me as his skilled hands were grilling the fish.

I never knew he did cook. I was lucky I had a skilled husband because what a shame, I couldn’t cook anything since my mother always spoiled me and didn’t bother to teach me how to cook something.

Caleb wiped his hand to the yellow apron that he wore that time, then he turned his face. He looked startled spotting me there, but it turned to a smirk.

“Hey babe… how’s your nap?”

“Hmm.. you carried me to the bedroom, huh?” I asked approaching the grill so I could see the how Caleb cooked.

“I don’t want you drool at my luxurious couch, Nichole” he giggled as I slapped his shoulder in annoyance. Caleb chuckled lightly then he took the grilled fish from grill to the plate.

I grinned slightly and was about to pick one piece when Caleb put the plate of rainbow trout on the dining table, but Caleb slapped my hand and brought away the plate from me.

“Hey…” I protested, “I am starving” whining and glaring were my response to him. But Caleb seemed enjoyed it, he smirked again and leaned his face to mine just to make a full eye contact to me.

“You’re starving?” he asked crooking a mischievous smile. I nodded aimlessly as he brought the plate to me showing how tasty the grilled rainbow trout was. I was mouthwatering and took the plate but Caleb brought it back again.
“Ah ah ah…” he said childishly, “It cost you one kiss, baby” he giggled out loud letting me frowned in disagreement.

“What the heck? I’m not kissing you behind the public… you know we are just—“

“I know, Nichole. I’m just saying, this yummy fish cost you one kiss, that’s all” once he showed his pearly white smile that more likekissable smile smack-able face. Yeah, I want to smack him across his mischievous face.

“I don’t believe you, Turman…!” I squinted my eyes and pouted. “I’m freaking starving, you smartass!”

“So what? It’s just a single kiss on cheek. It won’t count as a kiss, though” he said pulling out the apron from his waist and wiggled his eyebrows at me.
I groaned in frustration because, first, I was starving, second, I needed to kiss this pervert. Maybe kissing on the cheek wouldn’t be a big deal, but still my lips were gonna run herpes If I kissed him.

I sighed in defeated followed by his super wide grin as Caleb leaned his face on mine.

He turned his left cheek and patted his cheek to show me where I should kiss him. He chuckled lightly when I tried to tiptoe, and so he lowered his height to straighten our eye level. I sighed once again and leaned my lips on his left cheek.
But ladies and gentlemen, he cheated on me. When my lips was about to press on his cheek, he abruptly turned back his face so it made our lips touched. GAH! He reached my lips and kissed them slowly and gently as I tried to pull away.

He pulled my neck and locked our lips while he put his hand on my side squeezing it. I struggled and boomed my fist on his chest repeatedly with silence groan.

He laughed his head off and then lifted me off the ground.

“You’re sick, Caleb!!” I roared shoving his hands away from me.

“Sorry… just because you’re too fun to make fun with” he grimaced and shielded his face as he laughed because I punched him on the face even, I knew my punches were useless.

“Here… the yummy grilled fish ala Caleb the cooking master” he said hinting the west accent letting me let out a quick laugh. I snatched the grilled fish and started to dig in while Caleb was sitting across from me. He rested his palm on his chin watching me in concern.

“What the hell are you looking at?” I said munching the fish meat greedily while I noticed him staring at me.

”Nothing.. you just look.. errmm.. cu.. I mean.. you look like a silly chipmunk” he said laughing. I groaned and reached a napkin then threw it to him. I decided to ignore him and concentrate with my meal.

Honestly, the fish was amazing. Caleb was really really talented with cooking. He could cook well and that’s one o and advantage being with him, I guess. I mean, what If married a guy without any cooking skill like me? I thought I would end my life in long starvation. But one thing, he might a god on cooking, but.. he’s a dirty mess. He rarely washed his clothes and just so you know, when I was napping in his bedroom, I spotted many of pile dirty clothes were discarded in the corner of room.

“How’s the meal?” Caleb asked drinking a mineral water in front of me

I cleared my throat and reached for my drink too. I drank it then shot an aimless look to Caleb. “It’s quite good, Mr. Cooking Master” I said in annoyance with Caleb laughed at me. Why he always laughed at me!!!

“I’m glad you like it” he added nicely. I sighed lowly and stared at him or a couple o second.

“Thanks, for the meal” If he could be nice, I also could be nice. It’s better like that.

“My pleasure, my queen” he said exiting himself out from the dining room.

After I put the dishes on the basin, I made my way to the living room where I found Caleb. He was enjoying himself watching a news report as I shoved myself next to him.

“You don’t eat your dinner?” I asked facing him. He glanced to me and shook his head.

“I have had it before you” he replied then turned back again to the Tv.

Then, we were in such a long silence minus the announcer voice who kept reporting some news which I didn’t really bother to know. I sighed and rested my head on the couch’s arm. I thought I was already sleepy although I had taken the nap this day, oh yeah I was really a sleepyhead.

I slightly yawned and then rubbed my eyes shutting it slowly.

“My goodness, Nichole… you just took your nap and you are already sleepy??” I heard Caleb complained at me as I opened my eyes and muttered to him.

“So what? I’m sleepy then I should sleep”

“But that’s just not necessary, you know you are the only girl in this house, at least you could do some house chores here”

“I’m not interested with house chores. Now, don’t disturb me okay?”

“Spoiled brat” he mumbled. What? He dared to call me like that? I grunted and faced him with glaring and punching his shoulder.

“How dare you call me like that!!” I barked

Caleb smirked in annoyance as he crooked a cocky smile, “Well actually, that’s the really you are, aren’t you?”

“I’M NOT!” what the heck? He never knew that my mom had been trying not to spoil me like any other rich kid. She tried to make me an independent woman and now he called me spoiled brat just because I wouldn’t do the house chores!!

Caleb snorted, “You just deny it, woman. I never liked a snotty spoiled brat, jeez!”

I slapped him right on his cheek, “YOU DON’T KNOW ME! You may know my mom is a rich woman and I am her daughter. You may think she always spoiled me! NO! she’s trying to make me live by myself. I had been schooling in England far away from home to prove her that I AM NO A SPOILED KID! AND NOW you call me like that like you already know who I am. Don’t ever you judge me, you stupid idiotic ginger head!!” I said standing up and stomped my foot angrily as I saw him standing too.

He had an uncomfortable strike on his face then he rubbed his nape. “You don’t have to scream like that, Nichole. I was just.. you know.. I’m sorry, I was just spilling my opinion”

“That’s not opinion. You judged me. I can’t stand for being judged like that” I rolled my eyes and folded my arm

“Alright.. errmm.. sorry, then…“ he said softening his voice with me shoving back my butt on the couch. I rested my head on the couch and hugged the cushion as I felt Caleb was staring at me.

“You don’t have to sleep on this couch, Nichole. You can take the bed with me” he said as I glanced to him and let out a sarcastic laugh.

“And then you wish I would let you roaming my body like you did with that girl, huh?”

He then chuckled, “Of course not, Nichole.. why the heck you’re always bitching, huh? Not that I harassing you, but I’m just trying to be nice and friendly with you hoping we could work this marriage together until The Day”

I sighed and rolled my eyes as he walked away from me. “So, you’re coming or not? Sleeping on the couch isn’t always good” he added. Therefore, I got off from the couch and followed him to the bedroom.

I instantly brought my body to the bed and snuggled to the nearest pillow which was in full of Caleb’s scent. Shit! I couldn’t let him know that I was intoxicated with his scent when I dragged his pillow’s scent.

The bed was shifted next to me as I saw Caleb was already lying and folding his arms beneath his ginger head. He glanced to me and stared at me.

“What?” I asked

“Nothing” he mumbled

I sighed and spun my body away from him trying to hit some sleep. But I suddenly remembered something I needed to tell him about.

“Hey, can you guys play on Maurice’s Heights this Thursday?”

Caleb turned his face to me and cocked his brows, “For what?”

“Ermm.. my friend, she has a school festival and she is a big fan of Forever The Sickest Kids, and since she knows that I am your wife and maybe I could help her, she asked me. Well, if you all cannot do that, it’s okay. I’ll tell her”

“Wow? Big fan? I’m glad that one of your friends is our big fan” he responded

“Yeah. So, yes or no?” I demanded

“Uhhmm.. I don’t really know. Kyle is the frontman, I’ll talk to him tomorrow and see what happens”

“Okay. Thanks” I said

“I’m working on it. Furthermore, we have no tour this months, so why not?”

I nodded and gave a smile to him. I spun my body away from him again.

“G’night” I said

I shut my eyes and felt a small kiss on my cheek came from him as he whispered softly through my ear, “Goodnight, Nichole” I could picture him smiling when he kissed my cheek. It was a really soft kiss and I thought I wouldn’t bother much of that single kiss.

Then, we both fell into a deep sleep.

Goodnight, ginger head.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
duhh.. is it lame? sorryyyy..

but thanks or reading so far!

thanks to Linasaurus, neonXbodyXstyle, and ShhDontTellDougieLOLfor dropping comments. hehehe..

thanks for coming, reading, commenting and subcribing. hello new subcribers! thanks dude!

zach is on the next chapter.