Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Friday Night

Image

When the sky was growing dark, in late October, I could felt the cold consumed my thin skin. Luckily, I grabbed my cardigan just before I headed out from the house. But still, the raveled cloth couldn’t hold the cold too much so I still felt freezing.

“You’re cold?” I heard Zach asked me when I automatically wrapped myself into a tight grasp.

I turned my face to him and smiled, “No, I feel so hot. Of course it’s cold, duh”

Have I told you that Zach didn’t bring his car? We went to the cinema by cab. Now we were walking toward the cinema when he grabbed my freezing hand and wrapped it to warm it.
My heart began to pound so hard when his big warm hand took mine. I couldn’t help but smile silently when he leaned his body nearer to mine.

“Wearing an everyday dress is a bad suggestion in late October, Nicks” he laughed

“I know” I muttered, “Just because this is my favorite outfit” I added

His cocoa eyes darted to mine as if trying to tell that he’d warm me. He was lucky because he wore a Hurley white hoodie and I could tell it was so comfy and warm. He made me want to snuggle into him. His caramel hair was blown softly when the windy air danced through it.

“Your favorite? I like it” he told me with a toothy smile which more likes toothpaste commercial smile. Somehow, I was sure he could pass the commercial’s sorting. “You look.. pretty and cute” he added

“Awww… thanks” I said groggily when he squeezed my hand. After that, we finally reached the cinema. Like Zach said, he wanted to watch Burn After Reading, so he bought two tickets and gave one for me. The tickets was on him, I was about to pay mine but he insisted to pay mine.

After I thanked him, we both brought our step to a snack stall and ordered some popcorn with milky soda.

“Thanks for watching with me” Zach said glancing to me. I just returned him a smile and nod. We both walked into the studio and stepped to our seat in the corner of studio. The lights were already off and the credit of the beginning was on.

In the middle of movie, we never talked. I glanced to him and at my surprise, his head was facing me in the dark.
His eyes were examining mine while his lips curled into a smile.

“What?” I scoffed munching my popcorn.

“Uhh.. sorry” he chuckled lightly and then turned his face back to the wide screen. He squeezed the arm rest and then cleared his throat. “Uhhmm.. Nicky?”

I faced him, “Yes?”

“I..” he played with the mangy arm rest and not daring to look me in the eyes. “Well…” as he tried to compose his words, it was distracted by a couple who was sitting in front of us plus next to us that was in deep make out. Me and Zach exchanged glanced and burst out in low laughter.

“Full of distraction” Zach commented. I nodded and chuckled to him and took a sip at my orange juice. We fell to another silence trying to concern about where the movie runs into.

I bit my lower lip as I spotted the couple in front of us started to heat up their make out session. It was an undeniably embarrassing for me to see, I felt my cheeks were burning as if the couple forced us to do the same thing like they did.

“Uhmm.. well listen up, Nicks” I heard Zach leaned his mouth to my ear and I could tell he hinted a groggy tone. I turned my head to him watching his glistening face. “About.. well.. ermm.. it’s about the thing that happened in pool”

I saw he gulped by his nervousness and with that fire was on my cheeks. I flashed our make out session in the pool in front of people and it was really embarrassing. I couldn’t believe that I kissed him back.

“Why did you kiss me back?” he asked quietly as the crimson crept up on his face. Shoot! He’s too damn cute!

“I.. i.. well.. Jack said the winner would get my kiss, right?”

He chuckled, “Yeah, but.. we were kinda making out.. you know..”

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to.. I just carried away. Sorry..” I apologized not daring looking him in the eyes.

“S’okay.. I just.. ive just been thinking about that this lately. I thought we.. ehmm.. we have some connection?”

My tongue tied back to my tonsils. I just hoped we both had a connection, I wanted him. Wait a minute, did he mean that.. he expected some connection between us as in he liked me??!! oh my god!

“So.. you think.. there’s something between us?” I asked shyly blinking my eyes twice. He scratched his head and smiled weakly to me

“Yes?”

I chuckled lightly, “Well same here”

He responded me with a wide grin as we turned back to the wide screen. the movie was almost finished. I didn’t give a damn to the movie, i was thinking about the thing between us. I liked him.. and he seemed liked me back.

As the movie finally ended, me and Zach walked out from the cinema with silence enveloped our atmosphere. I knew both of us were thinking the same thing but we were just hesitant to spill some more.

As I said before the night wind breezed lightly but it sent sparks near from my spine. I shuddered a bit and wrapped my body with my arms. At my surprise, Zach leaned closer to me as he enveloped one of his strong arms on my shoulder when we walked down to the cracked sidewalk. I had worn a cardigan, but still I was freezing until the warm arm of him wrapped me.
It was an awkward moment so we just stayed in silence.

I slung my hand on his back as a support for me to walk together with him. He led me to a semi-crowded sidewalk then soon enough, we stopped our track in front of glassy mini restaurant that looked so warm. When we stepped into the restaurant, a host greeted us then brought us to an empty seat near from the window.

We sat exactly from each other as a waitress came by to ask our order. Zach slid off his Hurley jumper and put it next to him.

“What can I have for you?” asked the waitress taking the pen from the tip of her ear.

“Medium sirloin steak and lemon squash, please?” I said

“Make it two” Zach added and so it meant we both had the same menu for dinner.

The waitress then walked away from us. me and Zach started to stare each other. His big brown eyes pierced mine, his smile was the best I could describe. Even it was just a shy smile and very quick, I instantly addicted to see it.

I was stomped at the floor beneath the table and unintentionally making footsie with him. Zach just chuckled at me with that I blushed. I decided to look out to the window where I saw a group of dry leaves were blown through the empty air. Like I said before the sidewalk was semi-crowded, so it was less crowded and not too desert. I saw little twins were tangling their hand on their mom’s hand while the little twins were holding each shopping bag.

My mind flickered back to the restaurant as the sound of This Providence’s song, “Letdown” played on the back. I liked that song very much so I tapped my toes to the marble floor in a beat. Zach still watched me after he let out his sidekick off from his jumper’s pocket.

You may think this day was totally filler. But not for me, it’s the amazing day I’ve ever been.

“Tomorrow is your sister’s school festival, right?” I asked trying to make a light conversation

“Oh yes, how about FTSK? Have you told them?”

“”Kyle said yes, he thinks it would be awesome having a light performance in random highschool and knowing it’s your sister who requested it, they take it gladly”

“Wow.. that’s so nice of him”

“Yeah.. I agree” I said at last.

Fast forward, skip the dinner thingee and our random conversation, Me and Zach decided to walked home by foot because first, I felt comfortable when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder while we were walking toward my home and second, we could talk longer. Plus, I thought we saved money from not taking the cab.

“What? Really?” Zach chuckled lightly when he heard me

“Yes, Jack ate dirt even when he turned nine” I giggled

“Euwww.. that jerk.. “

“And you know.. well.. errmm.. I used to copy him eating dirt. But but but.. he banned me” I defended my self before Zach let me go and burst out into laughter.

“You.. you.. hahahahaha..” then he laughed. I pouted and slapped his shoulder playfully.

“You’re an ass, Merry”

Zach stopped laughing, “Hey don’t call me Merry..” he pretended to become mad but failed

“Merry merry merry.. buhhh…” I stuck out my tongue and giggled. He dropped his jaw and enveloped me in his strong arms trying to lift me off the ground. “Guhh.. you always try to lift me off the ground whenever I tease you. You’re no fair…”

“Ohh?” his tone was playful “So you want to lift me too, huh?” he said putting me down

“Of course.. so you think im not strong enough to lift your fatty body huh?”

“Heyy..! you’re the fatty one!” with that he nudged my arm.

I put my hands on hips in front of him and cleared my throat challengingly. “Be ready you filthy smartass!” I took a deep breath and wrapped his wide waist trying super really hard to lift him. Oh you were so stupid, Nicky. You are petite and you helplessly trying to lift him? Such an insane step!

I couldn’t help a loud groan when I couldn’t lift him with that he giggled to me and easily lifting my legs as I clung on his torso. People who saw us may think we were a couple. I dunno why I wrapped my legs on his waist and he just starred at me.

I laughed lightly and then awkwardly got down from his torso.

“Oops.. sorry..” I said

“It’s okay. Let’s go back home..” he said lovingly as he intertwined his hand on mine.

After awkward moments, we always got into a very long silence and I hated that.

“So, you’re coming camping with us? FTSK versus ATL?” I asked when we wear near from my home. I mean, I and Caleb’s home.

“Yep… I’m sure it’s gonna be fun” he said looking through my lawn and we walked together along the path toward my porch. “You’re coming?”

“Sureeee.. I love camping” I smiled widely and stopped at my track when we reached my front door.

“Hmm.. well.. it’s a nice date, I guess” he said rubbing his nape. And I couldn’t believe he counted this as a date. Yay me.. so it meant, we’re dating or what? Good graceeee!

“Errm.. yeah.. thanks for asking me by the way..” I threw him a quick and awkward smile.

Zach swung his hands back and forth like a little kid, “See you around.. Nicks..” he said

“Yeah.. have a nice ni—“ I couldn’t believe that my words suddenly stopped as Zach gave a small and warm kiss on my lips. But it didn’t last long, he made a move after then. He stepped to me and reached my waist still colliding his lips on mine. I didn’t know how to respond, I just blinked twice and stunned.

Then I decided to pull away leaving a loud smooch on the back. I raised my right fingers and showed the sparkle things.
“Do you know that I’m married?” I asked

He stared at my fingers and crooked a smile. He kissed my fingers and nodded, “Yes..”

“Then why—“

“I can tell you don’t love him, Nicky. It’s pretty obvious”

I blushed and looked away.

“And I can tell you like me. So do i.. then why don’t we just let it flow?” he added

I bit my lower lip and made a face but it turned into a smirk. I obeyed him and let everything flew. If Caleb could pick his dates, then why didn’t I? We already had the deal that we could date anyone we like. As and acceptation, I brought my hands to the back of his head and wrapped it.

I kissed him for awhile followed by him who looked at me in confusion.

He smiled and kissed me like a couple always did.

After a hot make out, we decided to pull away and soon enough I goodbyed him. I walked into my door with a foolish grinning face.

Oh young love!

So we’re dating, eh? Oh god.. it’s such a fan-freaking-tastic news!! I couldn’t wait to tell Mich and Beth!

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
hey people.. sorry for the late update. it's because this thursday my mom just passed away. and.. i just couldnt believe it.. i hope she's fine in heaven..

)':