Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Stay Awake

Image

Something stung my nose in sudden, so I opened my eyes very slowly and spotted Caleb was kneeling next to me with a horrified face. There was Jack too. When I realized I was lying on a couch, I rubbed my painful head and then got up.

“Nichole… oh jeez.. thank goodness..” he said in cracked voice

“Where am i?” I asked innocently then Caleb leaned on me and petted my cheek lovingly with his full worried eyes.

“Our house” he responded silently

“Oh..” I realized that we were in the damned house.

“Nicky.. oh God, why the heck was you fainted!?” Jack yelled in worry.

Something flashed in my mind. oh yeah, I was fainted. I forgot about that. The thing I remembered was only I fell on Zach’s chest.

“Where’s Zach?” I asked straightened my sitting form. I could see Caleb’s jaw was clenched as he stared at me.

“He’s on the kitchen preparing some icecubes for you. And the rest of guys were still on the venue. Because Caleb abruptly cut the show, so we need to call Alex to come. He was in his girlfriend’s house, but we called him. Then he substitutes Caleb’s place as a guitarist and back singer”

“You cut the show?? For what??” I asked directly to Caleb

“Uhh? I..” he knitted his eyebrows and then cut off by Zach who just came along. He brought a bucket of cubes with a relieved expression when he spotted my conscious.

“Nicky..” Zach said smiling and gave me a tight hug when he saw me. “You’re okay?? Oh my God, you were so pale when you were going to black out. Seriously, what happened to you??”

“Ermm.. Jack, you know the reason” I looked up Jack who was already knitted his brows. “My periods” I murmured silently

Jack suddenly smacked his forehead, “Oh! That? Didn’t you take your medicine, sis?”

“Huh? You’re sick, Nicky?” said Zach in worried tone

I bit my lower lip and grinned apologetically, “Well.. it’s girl things..” I said

Caleb’s eyebrows arched

“Oh.. “ he said “Wait a sec, was it the thing that made you fainted?”

I scratched my head, “Yess.. my periods always the most horrible thing if I didn’t take my medicine”

“Ohh…” was Zach and Caleb could respond.

“But.. are you okay, now?” Caleb asked stroking my bangs away from my face.

“Yeah.. but I still need my medicine..” I said looking at Jack. Jack nodded and raised his thumb at me

“I’ll take it later. Can you hold it?” Jack said

“Yes, but I need to take a rest” I replied

I got off from couch and rubbed my temple as I walked toward the bedroom. I felt a strong arm supported me when I was walking and it was Zach. Zach was smiling at me and snaked his arm around my waist. When I was in this state, I couldn’t blush, I just felt there’s something wrong in my stomach.

“I’ll get it from here” and there’s another arm from beside me. it was coming from Caleb who was watching tensely at Zach. He said that in bark voice, mumbling something rude but I couldn’t hear it.

“It’s okay, Caleb.. I can—“ Zach started

“No, this is my room. I can get her” he pressed and shot a look that I never saw from him.

Zach slung off his hand away from me and Caleb led me to the bedroom.

As he helped me to lay myself onto the bed, I groaned at him letting him frowned.

“You don’t have to bark like that to Zach” I protested

“What? I didn’t bark. I was just telling him”

“You did that. You kinda rude, don’t you know? He’s just helping me to—“

“This is my house. My house my rule. And I don’t let him putting his hand on my wife. In my house, mkay?”

I gasped in disbelief, “What the fuck is that? I’m dating him, so it’s up to him whether if he want to do anything to me!” my tone was getting higher.

“Oh really? Even you will let him sleep with you, huh?” Oh god, his tone was getting annoying and I hated him. Dammit, why he became so difficult like this??!

I swallowed hard and glared at him. Maybe we came to the state where a marriage couple starts their very first quarrel.

“You!” I began and pointed at him even I knew my stomach grew wild. “If that’s necessary! I WILL SLEEP WITH HIM INSTEAD OF ANYONE IN THIS WHOLE WORLD! I FREAKING HATE YOU CALEB!!” I yelled out loud then got off from the bed running toward the door. But he caught me, he looked at me with a sad look I might be add. But I didn’t know, I wasn’t sure.

“Don’t go” he said quietly, “You’re sick”

“So what?! I don’t even care”

“I care, Nichole! Now just lay yourself on the bed!” he goggled at me and for some reasons, my neck became tensed. “Come on!” he demanded and dragged me back to the bed.

I snatched my hand away from him and led myself to the bed. I snuggled into the pillow with loud groan and extruded him from the room. I just didn’t want to see him. I may so childish, but he.. He was freaking jerking around.

XXX

I decided to go to my old house, the Barakat’s residence. I was tired being in the same house with Caleb. We had a great time arguing each other. And do you know? Mostly we argued about Zach. I couldn’t believe that he hated Zach such like that, what the heck with him?! He really banned me to date Zach. Fuck. I even never complained about his stupid fuck buddies, then why he was too put so much damn on me and Zach?!

So this time, I was having a brunch with my mother. She had a day off and we were just got home from shopping. Yes, we were just had a mother-daughter day out.

I forked my meal aimlessly and munched in annoyance before my mom interrupted,
“So dear, how’s your day with Caleb?”

I winced and rolled my chocolate eyes that darted to my lap. Oh mom, we’re so fucked up. I hope I could break up with him as soon as possible!

“It’s fine. We have great times” I said hinting some annoyance tone and I could see my mom bought it because she raised her brows to me. My mom just sighed and forked her smoked beef into her mouth.

“I heard you forgot taking your medicine, hon” my mom started. “You’re fainted” she shook her head and shot full of worries look at me.

“I.. I know mom.. I’m sorry”

“Don’t forget to take them again, okay? I’m so worried about you”

“Okay mommy. From now on, I always keep them”

My mom nodded lightly as she came back to her meal. I looked out to the wide window next to me casting through our enormously big flower garden which was really breath taking. I used to play there and pick some flowers.

There was a quite long silence minus the munching voice that came from our chow down.

“Hmm.. Okay Nicky, I need to tell you something” she started again

I lit up my head and demanded to her, I dunno what she was going to tell me. but it seemed not good because my mom’s expression was freaking serious. Oh wait, it could be my mom wanted me to break up with Caleb because she… ermmm.. oh shit, I dunno I thought it’s impossible.
Duh, so what was she going to say? It might really bad.

“Teresa and I have been talking about something” she said again

I swallowed, “About?”

“Since you and Caleb are married, we think it would be necessary to continue our heir lines. We want grandchild, dear”

Shock waves were consuming my veins, there were venom that swam in my blood stream. I couldn’t breathe, my mom’s words covered my hung open mouth with a hard poke. I wanted to die. What more I could I ask for being dead? First, I was forced to marry some random pervert and then now, my mom was kinda forcing me to have babies from Caleb.
The point is, my mom didn’t want to see her daughter live happily and she chose to bind me with miserable life instead.

“MOM!” I whined instantly “I don’t want to do that!!!” I protested

“Aww.. baby.. we need heir, okay?”

“YES! But I don’t want to have kids with him!!! I don’t love him, mommy!” I grunted and got off from the dining chair, this is was too far. If I was still stuck with Caleb longer, mom would ask me some other freak wish and the most freak was this. Having babies. Euww.. with him? NO! I would never do that! I didn’t want to get STD from him! SHIT!

“But baby..” I strolled away from her and flied to my old bedroom. Why everyone was getting so difficult tom me. Nobody stood on my side, I was such a wreck. I hated everyone.

I lost my conscious into a temporary death on my bed with a huge mess. I was forced to do anything without my will. I just hoped sleep would calm me down a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
neonXbodyXstyle, i dedicated this chapter to you, dude..

hehehe..

thanks for the new subscriber and keep reading dudes! dont forget to leave comment