Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Grilled Fish

I heard someone was knocking the RV door, but I hadn’t given a damn about that because I was still enjoying my sleep. I heard a thump across from me and then the thump was walking away from me to the door.

Shit, I could hear but I couldn’t open my eyes because I was still stuck in my sleeping process.

“What the hell do you want?” I heard a familiar voice that happened to be Caleb’s

“Uhhmm.. Is she up?” it was Zach. My god, I forgot! I was gonna go with Zach to some place with him but I hadn’t woken up. I needed someone to wake me up.

“No..” Caleb replied with hiss.

“Errr.. can you wake her, please?”

“I don’t think that necessary. Just get back to your RV and leave her. She’s tired”

I should be waking up by now. I should. I should. I should. Before Zach walked away from the RV. He promised me a beautiful place in late dawn last night. I should wake up. please.. please.. body, you should wake up right now! Talking with your own body even was a useless.

“I promised her something last night. Please, wake her” I heard Zach pleaded

“You don’t understand a human being language, yeah? I’m sorry I don’t speak in freak language” that’s it. Caleb was a major ass, he kept calling Zach a freak. I dunno what Zach would do when Caleb said that. I wished Zach would punch him right on the face.

“I’m sorry about that. I’m not smart enough to let a dick understand my language” Zach mimicked Caleb

I could tell Caleb growled, he was being offending back. Nice move, Zachary!

With that, I heard Caleb shut the RV door and extruded Zach out of his face. He thumped back to his bed and I heard him sighed.

If only I could control my conscious. That was silly when I couldn’t wake up while I heard Zach was coming for me.

When the sun got higher, I finally could manage my eyes to open. I saw the digital clock that stated 8.30 AM and found Caleb was nowhere in sight.

I climbed out from the RV and found the guys were having breakfast together.

“GOODMORNING SUNSHINE!!!” Jonathan greeted me happily and invited me to join the breakfast. I smiled and picked the seat next to me. I smelled pancakes’ scent was coating the camp and so I glanced to the mini kitchen we’d got. There were stood Caleb and Beth who was making pancakes for people.

Since when Beth became close with Caleb too? They laughed when Beth punched Caleb lightly. Beth could blend to stranger easily, like with Caleb. It’s just the previously day before they first time had a single chat in the RV along the trip. But that morning, they could be a close friend already?

Beth nudged Caleb as he looked at me. He smirked and brought a plate of pancakes to me.

“Pancakes for my queen” he stated and kissed my top of head. He sat next to me and enjoyed my pancakes as if we shared pancakes. I sighed in defeat letting him ate my pancakes. I forked a piece of pancakes and munched it. Honestly, I wasn’t too hungry that morning.

“Where’s the others?” I asked looking around.

“Hmm..” Jonathan raised his right fingers and started counting, “Jack, Alex, Marc, Austin, Zach, Haley, and Rian were fishing down from here. Jasey and Keira are still showering in the RV” said Jonathan.

“We’re having a grilled fish for lunch, Nicky” said Annie

“Yeah! it will be so nice. Even Kent and Kyle found some mushroom near from here. No worries, they’re eatable” Jonathan added

“Yeah, we’re having a lunch party, I guess” Kent said cheerfully.

And it was.

After the guys from river finally came to the camp, we started the fire and prepared for the lunch. Keira and Jasey once again prepared some seasoning for the fish and while the boys were playing soccer on the not-so-wide field next to the RVs.

Well, not all of the boys. I found Zach who was sitting on the log playing with his PSP. i should apologize to him right now. So I walked toward him and sat next to him.

“Hey” I greeted. He lit his head and paused the game which happened to be The Legend of Zelda.

“Sup Nicky?” he smiled crookedly

“Errr.. sorry. I was overslept and we couldn’t—“

“S’okay. We can go later” he shot a sad look and sighed. I suddenly cursed to Caleb in my mind, he ruined our next date and I couldn’t stand watching Zach’s puppy look face.

I had no idea where it came when I decided to kissed Zach. I became so stupid. I didn’t estimate if there were people around us. He startled for a bit and kissed me back.
That time I didn’t care if someone caught us, I just wanted to kiss him. I missed his lips and I knew he missed me too.

But suddenly, sadly he pulled away.

“Sorry, Nicks. We cant do this in front of people” he chuckled and kissed the tip of my nose. “Later, kay?”

I pouted and whined as I playfully bit his shoulder. “Kay. I hope nobody sees us” I giggled and got up from the log.
I walked back to the kitchen and found Kiera and Jasey were grilling the fish. Their face was black from the smoke. I laughed at them and they scowled at me.
They decided to take their next shower and left me with the grill.

“Hold them, kay. If you think they’re decent to be eaten, just pick them and put them on a wide plate” said Kiera.

I nodded lightly and picked the spatula posing like a pro. I let out a chuckle and then watched the growing raw fish.

Just like Spongebob, I tapped the fish lightly. I didn’t know how to fold the fish, according to Spongebob, he just threw the patty into the air and then the patty would be folded. Wait, Spongebob is a pro, and ima a wreck amateur of this thing. and this wasn’t about krabby patty but grilled fish, you Nicky stupid.

I spun my mind trying to think how to fold the meat. I felt someone snaked his arm around my waist who was no other but Caleb. He chuckled lightly and put his chin on my shoulder as his chest pressed against my back. I startled a bit and turned my head to him.

“Hmm.. grilled fish?” he saidin his sexy voice

I nodded annoyingly and then turned my head on the grill. I chose the Spongebob’s method throwing the meat into the air.

Unexpectedly, the hot meat didn’t land back on grill but on my arm. And it was so painful, I screamed at the top of my lungs and wiggled my arm to throw it to the ground. I bit my lower lip and held my tear so hard. Caleb had unsnaked his arm from my waist and looked down at the mess.

“Oh God, Nicky.. what are you doing!!” he said a bit harsh and then looked at my miserable face. “You can’t fold the meat if it still looks pale like that!!” he said in enragement “And don’t show off in front of me by throwing it into the air like you would fold it completely” he added

And I began to slip a tear from my corner of eye. Shit! I had tried my best not to cry but it slipped as I rubbed my growing red arm.

“I… I cant cook anything, Caleb… don’t yell at me.. I was just trying…Kiera and Jasey had gone to shower.. i..” I defended myself with cracked voice slipping a tear not because of his yell, but of the painful arm I’d got from my reckless act. Caleb sighed and ruffled his ginger hair.

“You’re such a spoiled brat, Nicky” he bent down and took the hot meat and threw it to the garbage. Then he snatched the spatula from me as he managed the grilled fish scooting me away from the grill. I fell in silent and rubbed my hand.

He glanced a bit and exhaled again, “You’re hurt”

I didn’t respond him as I wash my arm to the basin biting my lip to hold the pain. It was fucking hurt!
I saw Caleb managing the fish like a pro and then closed the lid of grill. He put his hands on hips as he walked away from me.

I sighed and closed the water tap as I toweled my hand.

“Let me see,” I heard Caleb from my back as he took my arm and looked at it. It was totally scarlet from now on. Caleb frowned and rubbed it softly followed by my wince. He let out a salve and then looked at me.

He kissed my hurt arm and smiled as he massaged the salve on my arm. I blushed deeply and clenched my jaw.

“Why did you kiss it?” I asked dumbfounded cocking my eyebrows

“I have methods, dollface. Kiss heals the pain” he crooked a smile and rubbed my hand softly. Once again my cheeks burnt themselves.

“Caleb, im sorry.. I messed up” I didn’t know why I apologized as he shook his head and like de ja vu, he brought his lips on my face and kissed my cheek. Ha, it wasn’t a de ja vu, well I thought he was going to kiss me on the lips again when we were in situation like this.

“It’s okay, as long as my wife is okay” he grinned. Did it come from the pit of his heart? Or he just said that for making the moment more romantic? I rolled my eyes because he said that after I spotted the five boys were peeking from the table grinning like kids.

Like a lover, I kissed him back with rubbing his cheeks and smiled to him. He was a bit shocked when I showed him my pearly white smile. Maybe because I never showed my own smile to him.

“Oh guys, where’s our lunch?” Marc peeked and then Caleb let me go as he motioned me to the grill. Caleb lifted the lid and served the grilled fish.

“Hell yeah!” Kent cheered as Marc took the plate and brought it to the table.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
aww.. i want to be nicky. HAHA XD

comments and subscribeeee.. would be cool!

iz dedicated to forever_free, Happy Laune, EarthQuakeOnHerMind, and neonXbodyXstyle!!!

thank you so much guyssss... <3

mucholovas
-icha