Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Smile

The lunch ran well, I began to learn how to be nice with Caleb. I didn’t like when he kissed me forcefully, I didn’t like him. But soon, I need to learn that I have to be patient until the day we break up. The thing that happened last night might be quite annoying, I should be mad with Caleb, but I knew I should be mature by ignoring everything bad that he cursed at.
All I knew was Caleb hated Zach, so I shouldn’t be pulling Zach into a conversation with Caleb. With that, I was sure our relationship would work and everything was gonna to run well until we break up.

I was sitting next to Annie enjoying my fish and laughed at the guys who just talked about their silly embarrassing moment on stage. When I glanced to Caleb, he seemed smiling to me. I remembered his words the night before, when he wanted to be my friend and heard my laugh. As I laughed, he smiled widely and joined our laughter.

“It’s because the floor was slippery. Don’t laugh at me, it’s not funny!” Alex whined when Jack teased him.

“Barakat, remember when you bent down to the crowds and then a girl pulled your tshirt which made you fell down?” Alex snapped wincing murderously

“Hey! It’s an accident” Jack pouted

“Hell me too, you sucker”

“You dick!” Jack yelled back and I could tell they were completely hated each other. The rest of guys who just listened suddenly were coated in silence watching jack and Alex awkwardly.

“Suck Dick!” Jack and Alex cheered together and teased the people on table because we were taking their joke way too seriously.

“I thought you will eat each other’s face, you know” Beth commented

“Wheee.. doesn’t it mean kissing each other?” Jack cheered

I rolled my eyes and giggled, “Why I have an idiot brother?” I asked sticking out my tongue and got up picking my empty plate. When the boys finished eating their lunch it’s time for the girls to wash the dishes. Sounds sucks, but it’s our job.

“So Beth, you’re dating Jack?” I heard Haley asked Beth and I could see Beth was swallowing hard. I was dry toweled the plate and put them into box.

“Ermm.. I dunno. We’re just close friend?” Beth replied silently and decided to clean up the table. I watched her walking away from us with an expression that I couldn’t read. What happened to her?

“It’s impossible, Hales. I saw her making out with Alex last night” Jasey giggled “So it means she’s dating Alex” I felt like my eyes jumped out from their casket. Beth? Making out with Alex? What the hell happened exactly?

“Ohhh.. I thought she’s dating Jack because I always catch her starring him with a lovestruck look” Haley answered

”Are you sure, Jasey? Beth was making out with Alex?” I ensured

Jasey nodded, “I saw them. When I woke up in the middle of night, I got out from the RV and found they were making out next to the tent. Well, I’m sure they’re dating” I let out a low gasp. Beth? How could? She said she really liked my brother, and then what did happen to her and Alex?

My mind walked away from here to there. I was really puzzled with her. The big question was WHY? Why she did that? She liked Jack but then she cheated on him when Jack finally slowly opened his heart to her. Well, maybe she wasn’t in state of cheating since Beth and Jack weren’t official yet. But I could say Jack was already falling for her sooner.

“Hey..” my mind burst out when somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned to face the person and found the flaming ginger haired boy in front of me. I forced to smile, remember my strategy? I was gonna be easy to him, so we could run everything really well.

“Hey yourself” I smiled to him and he seemed a bit shocked when he found me smiling to him. He spaced out for a moment and came back just in no time.

“What’s up?” he asked awkwardly and I just chuckled

“I’m just finished” I said wiped my hand on the towel. He suddenly snaked his hands on my waist and kissed my cheek

“I miss you, wifey” he grinned like a little kid and followed by the girl’s awes. I chuckled and kissed his cheek back.

“Well, I miss you too, honey” I played my role. My forearm was pressed on his chest, somehow I didn’t know or it was just my imagination that I heard a loud thumping beneath his chest.

“W—w-want to go somewhere?” he breathed and let go of me. I exhaled and forced to smile once again. Actually I didn’t want to go, but…

“Alright” I said weakly and with that he grinned foolishly. He intertwined his hand on mine and dragged me somewhere.

When I was sure people wouldn’t see us, I snatched my hand back from our tangled hands.
“What do you want to talk about, Caleb?” I asked softly and we stopped on our track. We were surrounded by pines and bushes, I heard birds were chirping around us flirting to the sun who just got higher and higher.

“I.. ermm.. I actually don’t want to talk about anything” he said resting his back on the tree.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my hands over my chest.

“Then why do you bring me here?”

He watched my eyes and was silent all the time. He scratched his ginger hair and then huffed deeply. “I honestly don’t know why. It’s like something forces me to walk with you. Just two of us” he shrugged

I frowned and choked back my laughter, “Don’t be silly, Turms” I couldn’t help but smile a bit and then chuckled lightly. “You’re so corny”

He smiled crookedly and then approached me holding my hand, “I want to be your friend, Nicky. I want to work out our relationship” he said with a sincere look as I nodded.

“Same here. To be honest, I’m tired arguing with you. Why don’t we just let everything run happily? So we could survive until the day we break up” I stated.

He was silent.

And silent.

“Eh.. yes” he replied hinting some weird tone.

We fell in silence once again. We just stuck in the middle of chirping birds and blowing wind. Until my cellphone rang in sudden making both of us jumped an inch.

We both chuckled as I flipped on my cellphone.

“Yes?” I greeted

“Nicks? Where are you?” it was Zach. His tone seemed worry. Well, maybe he didn’t find me anywhere near the camp.

“I uhmm.. I’m with Caleb near to the camp. What’s up?”

“Oh.. Caleb? What are you two doing?”

“Well you know, we’re just having some conversation”

“Okay. hey, can you go back? I’m planning sightseeing for us tonight. I’ve promised you a place, right?”

“Oh sure, Zach. I would like that! Oh yeah.. I really want to go” I smiled widely

“Kay, I’ll be waiting for you. Let’s talk about that”

“Done and done. Wait up for me” with that he hung the phone leaving me grinned from ear to ear.

I glanced to Caleb, he watched me intensely and sighed. “I need to go back” I said walking back slowly to the camp.

“Why do you always bother to come to him?” he asked. I slowly turned my face to him and bit my inside of cheek.

“Because I date him, Caleb” I replied trying to stay calm

“He’s a—“

“Caleb, we already talked about this, didn’t we?” I cut off “We will work this together, wont we? Please, don’t prick some fire again, it’s sure making me sick” I admitted

“I’m sorry” he responded

I nodded, “See you then” I said walking back toward the camp without glancing over my shoulder.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
dedicated to Happy Laune. thanks bud..

comment and subscribe..

for some reasons i dont feel really well, is my story getting lame? im so sorry.. )):