Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Best Present

The next day, I was so glad because a group of people were decorating my house and it was in elegant theme. Bethany and Michaela, my bestfriends in Maryland came over and I was so hyper to see them. We shared loud giggles as they wised mw for birthday. Man, I was so missing them, they were like my precious treasure.
My mom asked them to come over so they could accompany me to some boutique for my dress.

“I’m so glad, finally you’re back to Baltimore” Beth said when her eyes were still on road. She drove my red mustang. I heard Mich giggled from the backseat, she rested her elbows on the front seat while her head peeked to the road.

“You look so different since last year” Mich commented scanning me with her smirk “Girl, you look hotter, what happened in England?”

“What do you mean?” I cocked my brows

“You know, when girls become hot there was a possibility about. Boys”

I chuckled lightly, “I’m not interested with boys, Mich”

“So, you’re.. uhhh interested with girls?” Beth joined

“Hey!” I punched her playfully as they let out a relief laugh. “Guys, I am just being a Nichole Penelope Barakat, that’s all”

“SPEAK OF BARAKAT!” Beth suddenly cooed, “Where the hell is your brother?” Beth for some reason grimaced mischievously, Mich said recently Beth had a huge crush with my skinny brother. But to be honest, Beth could get a better guy than Jack, Beth is really beautiful and she couldn’t be compared with Jack who looked like an underdog. People said he’s really cute, but for me he’s a bummer.

“He’s fine, Beth. Don’t worry, he’ll come to my party”

“O YAY! That’d be awesome” I saw her smiling dreamily. Dude, this girl was so into my bro and that was not good.

Soon, we reached a random and luxurious boutique. Mich and Beth dragged me giddily and greeted the shopkeeper.

“Can I help you, ladies?” she asked politely

“Ya, we need you’re the most beautiful dress for her, tonight is her birthday” Mich interjected happily as the shopkeeper nodded and led me to a section. Mich and Beth started to browse some option that I really loved. I couldn’t put my finger on, they were too beautiful, if I could, I would so definitely buy them all. But mom said that I just needed two dresses and she only gave me enough money.
Mich pulled out a spaghetti line dress that colored in midnight blue. It was knee length and had a beautiful diamond on the left chest with bow on the back.
I liked it but I wasn’t too sure.

On the other way I picked a lime dress. It was strapless with line hanging on the neck. Somehow, I loved the balloon skirt that it had, I wanted it but my eyes spotted another dress that Beth had showed me.

I so picked that dress, I really loved it and it cost more expensive than any other. No wonder with the elegance that it showed. I loved deep purple, it showed my girly side and my boyish side too. It was casual with elegance.

I purchased it and luckily Mich had already picked me a nice shiny sixties yellow high heels.

“You’re gonna be amazing tonight, Nickins” Mich said as we headed out from the boutique. We made our way to the nearest eatery and had lunch there.

“But have you two already got your dress?” I asked while I shifted to a vacant booth that we finally chose.

“No worries, Ernie accompanied me yesterday to some boutique, and generously he gave it to me” Mich applauded in chipper. Ernie wasn’t her boyfriend, they had known since they were still diapers and they became friends with benefits. They never said that they were boyfriend and girlfriend, but it wasn’t like I’ve never seen them kissing.

“So, you’ll come with him?” Beth asked leaning her face on Mich as I saw Mich’s face became red

“You’re dating!” I laughed happily and not like her usual response with im-not-dating-Ernie-Collins Mich was more like agreed to me.

“OH WOW, MICH!!” Beth exclaimed and laughed victoriously when she noticed that too.

“Okay, end of discussion. Anyway, how’s your present from your mom? Is it great?” I didn’t believe Mich just changed the subject, I was sure she was still shy to spill her relationship with Ernie.

“Ya ya, is it a super duper amazing present? What is that?” Beth joined cheerfully

“Nope. She hasn’t told me yet, she just said it’s going to be the greatest present I’ve ever got in my life. Still, I don’t know what it is” I shrugged

“Aww.. your mom is full of surprises! It’s gonna be so great” Mich commented and then we continued chatting and enjoyed our lunch.

Soon after, I drove Michaela and Bethany to their house so they could prepare themselves while I backed home. When I got home, my mom frantically dragged me to her room. Guess what? She hired a hairstylist and make-up artist. Man, my life was so freaking great. They began to work my hair. It’s like I was going to marry because the preparation of me was so long.

The only thing I believed was…

I was gonna be beautiful this night. Teehee.

XXX

It was my hundredth wishes from the guest that night, and I was kinda tired of it. But thanks for them. There were hundred people flooded my lobby. Some of the young guest played guitar hero with my super wide screen, some of them were sitting on the bar stool, some of them were eating just like the usual party. And I set my favorite songs on my sound system. People were dancing to the music and they were like enjoyed it. I’m glad.

When I was standing with Beth, something tickled my ear. It was someone’s breathe so I turned my heels and spotted the grinning Alex Gaskarth in front of me.

“Alex!” I giggled and hugged him. He looked decent with that black suit. Then, my brother came from his back with his infamous smile. Jack moved Alex from my step and ran to me with hands open wide. He gave me a crashing hug and then kissed my cheek.

“Euw, Jackapoo.. you left your spit on my face”

“That’s my present for you” he said goofily. I slapped his shoulder playfully and chuckled. With his presence here in my birthday party I was already glad, it was enough. “Anway sissy.. pheww.. you’re such a babe!” Jack whistled to me scanning my body. “I wish I am not your brother”

“Jack, you’re gross” I laughed

“Well Jack, I’m glad I’m not her brother” Alex stated as he snaked his arm around my waist. Jack glared to Alex and pulled me away from Alex with protective look in his eyes. Aww Jackie, I love you.

I heard someone cleared her throat, “Excuse me, birthday girl” it was Beth. Oh shoot! How come I forgot about Beth? I laughed in apologize then introduced her to Alex and especially to Jack. Jack grinned goofily and without any hesitation he gave Beth his crushing hug like he had known Beth for years. In fact, yeah they met when Jack was still lived in the house and Beth and Mich always came over. That time, Beth hadn’t fallen to Jack.

I could see Beth’s face turned red when Jack tightened his hug. But after he pulled away, he dragged Beth from me with Alex started roaming around the party. So I was lonely again.

Honestly, I never too into parties, you know what I mean? I don’t really like noisy party and it happened in my birthday party. I was flattered that some of my friends told me that I had a kickass party. Well, thanks, but…

So I made my way to the backyard and found a group of people as I said hi to them. My eyes scanned the lone backyard and then stopped after I spotted someone standing alone.

Smile crept up on my lips and rushed to his spot. I patted his shoulder and grinned to him. He looked so gorgeous with white elbowed sleeves shirt and skinny purple tie but when his eyes met mine, he gulped. All I could see was he’s startled when he saw me.

“Goodlord, are you Nichole?” he asked as he showed his astonishment look at me. I was wearing a strapless violet dress with above knee length. There were ruffles on my chest line down to my torso. I also wore those sixties yellow high heels that Mich picked. The hairstylist twirled my hair and gave a bit highlight on my dark hair. My fringe was pulled up and rolled to the back. I wasn’t sure that I was beautiful until he commented me. and seriously, even Jack had already commented, but when he let out the comment somehow I found butterflies crashing in my stomach.

“Nicky, you’re s—so beautiful. No lies” he confessed shyly and like I predicated, my cheeks were reddening.

“Thanks” I smiled “Well, what are you doing here alone?”

He smiled and sipped his red cup for awhile, “Im just being a loner, and I guess it’s cool”

“You’re so corny” I chuckled, oh shit. First thing I had to learn is.. don’t tease somebody that you’ve just known because it’s kinda rude. “Sorry” I held my mouth and let out a giggle

“What? It’s okay, Nicks” he said. Oh my, ‘Nicks’ sounds so cute I like it! And he chuckled. Oh god, was it just me or Zach Merrick had a cute little-boyish giggle? All I wanted to do that time was pinching his cheek. “Anyway, happy birthday” he said spreading his hands and pulled me into a big bear hug and then he pulled away first.

“Thanks” I said adjusting my twirls.

“So, why you’re here? You suppose to be inside, many people need to wish you birthday”

“Errrr… sometimes I feel bored with parties” I shrugged. “Luckily, I found you” I grinned and then linked my arm around his muscular arm. Then I dragged him into the house, “Dude… how long you take exercise?” I said rubbing his muscular arms. Anyhow, why the hell I was being such a clingy girl like that? I pulled away from him letting Zach laughed at me

“A couple years.. ” and he smiled. I thought watching his smile was my new hobbies. Oh god, what was I thinking? It’s not like I fell for him. Oh wait! Did i!???

I giggled shyly and then dragged him to the drink bar. We took a light averages and started a little chit chat. I dunno why I was stuck with him, but it was fun. He’s so adorable and dorky. Sometimes he made a joke which was really stupid and not funny at all in result I just snorted at him and called him silly. Mostly, he was a silent never bothered to start the conversation first.

“You dumped her then, huh?” I asked when we were in the middle of conversation about his previous girlfriend.

“Nope…” he sipped the red cup and shook his head. “She dumped me” his face was really plain when he said that.

“Awww,, I’m so sorry”

“No, it’s fine. I’m glad we’re over. I never really liked that girl, she’s too much energy”

Oh, since then I knew Zach was not really like a hyper girl. It meant I had to change my habit being hyper sometimes. Eh? Wait, did it mean I wanted to be his girlfriend?! I knocked my temple stupidly and shook my head in front of him.

“What?” Zach chuckled

“Nuhh..” I smiled goofily and he laughed. He said my smile reminded him of Jack but he liked it more with me. awww.. he’s adorable for sure.

“Nichole Penelope.. oh God, where have you been!” suddenly a voice came from my back and faced the voice. It was my mom, she looked a bit worry

“I’ve just been with Zach, mom” I replied as she looked at Zach and smiled in relief.

“Come on, do you remember I have some big present for you, hun?” my mom rubbed my back as I let out a loud squeal. I loved my mom, she always gave me a super nice present for my birthday. For your information, since I was younger, my mom never forgot to give me present like I was still six year old, mom gave me 3 ponies for my birthday. Well, just because I couldn’t put my finger on three ponies that she offered so she bought all of them.

When I turned around thirteen, I was madly in love with Blink 182 and craved them badly. In the birthday party, my mom didn’t give me anything but the day after that, she dragged me to New York and… oh god, she brought me to their concert and had a full day with the entire member of Blink 182. I was so glad! That was one of my best present ever.

Mostly, my mom never disappoint me about her birthday present, everything was so perfect. Sometimes, Jack protested because he thought mom was spoiling me a lot. That’s the beauty of being the last kid. Teehee.

Back to my party, my mom dragged me to some crowds and then stopped.

“Wait, your present will come soon” she said assuring me and I nodded in excitement. Not wanting to wait any longer. Then, I saw Beth and Mich were walking around me. Once they saw me, they approached me and asked me what I was doing.

“Another great present, eh?!” Beth’s voice was so happy and was like she’s the birthday girl. I knew, she was happy because she had a chance to hang out with Jack.

“Yeah, my mom gave me her present” I whispered to Beth and Mich as they gasped giddily.

“What is it!?”

“I dunno, she asked me to wait”

“Ohh…” and they giggled.

My mom smiled happily to me and whispered to me that it was going to be the best present I’ve ever had. My goodness! I couldn’t handle myself, I was really excited.

“There you are, your present” my mom said pointing over my shoulder so I turned around. And I spotted my DAD! Oh God! I ran to him and gave him the most crashing hug, I kissed him and hugged him more.

“Daddy! You’re here!” I said giggling

“Yeah, actually I can’t go to your party. But your mom insisted me to” he replied

But I was confused, my dad was my best present I’ve ever had? I didn’t get it. Wait a second! Oh my God, did it mean my dad and my mom going back together? HELL YES! My mom then approached me and dad with full lips smile.

“Mom, its dad!” I said still hugging my dad. “Of course daddy is the best present I’ve ever had in my life! And it’s gonna be amazing if you’re coming back together!” I smiled dreamily to them.

My mom’s face was uncomfortable, and when I looked to my dad he showed a indescribable expression. My dad rubbed my backless back and cleared his throat.
“My dear, we’re not coming back” he said. Instantly, my stomach was lurching. Their togetherness was like my top list wish.

“Oh…” I responded as my face was falling.

“And.. Roman aren’t your present honey. Sorry” my mom added. Roman was my dad name. He faced me and smiled meekly.

“I don’t get it, mom” I shook my head

“Darling, your real present is right on my back. Come on” My dad turned me around to face the present he had mentioned about. As I turned my heels back, I saw Teresa and.. ofcourse her son were standing. Teresa wrapped her arms around Caleb’s shoulder with a grateful smile.

“Where’s my present?” I asked whisperingly as the Turman’s headed toward us.

My mom chuckled and hugged me. “Him, sweetheart” she pointed Caleb who was looking clenching his jaw.

“What!?” I shrieked. The best present I’ve ever had in my life was him?! Caleb freaking Turman!!! THAT PERVERT GUY!!???

“You’re marrying him, sweetheart” my dad said

And that, my legs swayed. “Mom..” I demanded weakly to my mom

“Yes honey. I know your most wish is marrying a nice guy, right? Me and Teresa had thought of it so we decided to arrange your marriage with Caleb” my mom explained giddily, still hyper.

“Yeah! I’m so glad I’m gonna have the most beautiful daughter-in-law!” Teresa joined.

I was so speechless, my day was gonna to be end soon. why the hell i was marrying that pervert stupid bastard idiotic guy!!!

&&^&$*$%#$$@$#@@!@#!@$%#&%^$%%$%^$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt my grip on my dad loosened and my legs swayed, my eyes got blurry and suddenly my head was spinning around like a merry-go-round but more like faster. And all I could hear at the end was my mom’s scream.

I was blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was watching FTSK TV again, and that video is still pwns! idiotic content alert.

anyhow, somebody need to make me a banner. hehe