Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Sarcastic Jokes

Remember when I told you about Zack asked me out? And yeah, he did. And we were walking along the sidewalk with ice cream on our hand. We were talking so many things as we ventured over game station. Zack asked me to go to a game station for a date. Well, it might sound ridiculous, but I’d come to enjoy it.

We tangled our hands together when we were walking and pecking just like couples mostly do in regular basis. And then suddenly a smile crept up in his face as he let out a giggle at me. I frowned and tilted my head confusingly at him
“What?” I demanded

“You’ve got an ice cream here” he said pointed at me left cheek and brushed the ice cream away from my face. My face flustered red and then awkwardly chuckled. “You don’t need to add ice cream to make you tasted sweet. You are sweet already” he lopsided a sly smile and then made his lips leaned on me as he gave me a long lasting kiss.

I couldn’t breath, but it wasn’t from the kiss. It was because I was a little bit shocked with his sudden kiss. I kissed him back when we stopped at our track. His lips were heaven to me. Nobody could be as a good kisser as Zack Merrick, and I should be glad I was dating a good kisser. I knew people were shooting glances to us but I never bought it. I choose to ignore them.

When we decided to pull away, I giggled as his breath kept tingled my face because his face was just an inch for me. I’m not gonna lie this time, everytime I was looking at his amazing orbs, they always made me drown to them. It felt like they sucked my air and pulled me in and since that time, I finally realized something as I saw his smile.

I was falling hard for Zack Merrick.

Needless to say, I wanted him.

Very bad.

He brought his body closer to mine and embraced me into a tight romantic hug making my cheek burnt themselves once again. I should be learning how to manage my cheeks sometimes, I felt so clumsy.

As he pulled away from the hug, he wrapped my shoulder and brought me back to the sidewalk. We were walking in silence.

But then it became not so silent again when we met a group. Well, not kind of group, actually. It was just three guys who were walking together. And they were stopped at their spot looking at us vice versa.

“Nicky? Zack?” Kyle said in disbelief tone as his eyes trailed to Zack’s hands which happened to be on my shoulder holding me tightly.

“Hi guys. How are you doing?” I heard Zack asked friendlily to them with smile spread on his beautiful face. Kent and Jonathan let out a laugh and said doing fine to Zack not like Kyle who kept frowned at us.

“We’re fine. We’re just practicing the band this lately for the warped tour. How’s the All Time Low?” Kyle asked back

“Well, we’re doing great. We just had performance somewhere” Zack stated and then I felt Zach squeezed my shoulder groggily as he showed his nervousness toward the boys from Forever The Sickest Kids. He must be hesitated showing up going out with me that day. Especially when it came to meet some of my husband’s friends. He must be cannot deal with it in ease.

Kyle, Kent and Zack kept blabbering about the band and then I noticed a force look that came from Jonathan. He frowned at me and sent me follow-me look.
“Nicky, can I talk to you for a second?” Jonathan asked. And then I said sure to him as I slung off Zack’s arm from my shoulder.

I followed him to the side of sidewalk so we could have our own talking space off from other boys.
“What?” I demanded crossing my arms over my chest.

Jonathan raked his hair and sighed, “Are you dating Zack Merrick for real?”

I knitted my brows and made some nonsexist noise.

“Yeah? Why?” I replied more like snapped.

Jonathan let out his sigh, “But you’re married, Nicky. You’re married with my bestfriend”

“You call him bestfriend? Oh great, that’s so nice of you. Then what, Cook? I have my own way” I put my hands on hips gesturing in annoyance

“You’re cheating on him” Jonathan started again and with that I stomped out my foot to the cracked pavement.

“Like he doesn’t? He’s a manwhore, so he must be cheating on me somewhere with some girls” I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“No, he’s not, Nicky” Jonathan replied with a long sigh and then looked me seriously into the eyes. I was about to let out my other tantrums but then he held his hand in front of my face, “Before you snap again, I’ll explain to you. I’m concerning about Caleb. He’s been a different person for these entire weeks ever since the camp. After we went back from the camp, you said you didn’t want to go back to Turman’s residence, right? Since that, Caleb is totally different. He’s such a wreck, he never concentrates with the band practice and always makes the trouble with his cracked voice and careless fingers. I never know what happen to him until I realized, it’s about you Nicky”

And I dunno what came up to me, I laughed and it made Jonathan seemed offended.

“Nicky!”

“Oops, sorry. I was just… ehmm.. Nevermind. Go on”

Jonathan sighed and then continued his opinion, “I asked him, Nicky. And it’s about you. He cannot sing and play the guitar because he’s thinking of you way too much. I don’t know what happened to you guys, but all I find from his face is full of guilt. You should really talk to him or my band is gonna sink at the warped tour” Jonathan said and then shot a pleading look.

“He’s always spaced out whenever we’re in the middle of song as if somebody takes his soul for a moment,. He’s a zombie, Nicky. You should really talk to him” he added

“No I’m not. I’m already disgusted with him” I said crossing my hands over my shoulder and then rolled my eyes.

“Nicky, don’t be like that. I may don’t know what your problem is with him, but all I know and sure is…” he cleared his throat and then glanced back to me after he glanced to the guys. “He cares about you. And.. ermm.. he loves you, Nicky”

I was zoned out for a moment and then kept my mouth from the sudden laughter but I couldn’t help it, so suddenly I laughed so hard.
“What? Caleb Turman falls in love with me? That’s the sickest thing I’ve ever heard, Jonathan. You’re so damn funny” I slipped my tear from the corner of my eyes and then laughed once again.

“Nicky, you’re sick” he snapped at me

“Oh…” I snapped back and put my hands on my hips. “Look Jonathan, I don’t care if you try to make some stupid jokes to me. Caleb isn’t a person who likes to fall in love with somebody. His love life is just about lust and sex. That’s all. He never falls in love with girl. I’m sick of his sex life, he’s so disgusting” I grunted as I saw a hint of objection in Jonathan’s eyes.

“You know nothing about Caleb, Nicky. I’ve known him for years, so I know what kind of person he is. Okay I admit that Caleb is a total manwhore just like Alex Gaskarth, but not as bad as Alex. Caleb may love to play around with girls and groupies. He loves girls, girls love him, but I’ve never seen Caleb like this before, Nicky” Jonathan explained. “He once was ditched with some girl he’d been together with, but he just took it slow and ignored it like it was just another life story. But when it comes with you, I am sure enough he’s totally different. I’m sure that he loves you, Nicky” Jonathan pressed as he squeezed my shoulders bearing his green eyes into mine.

“And, just so you know. He stops messing with girls. He stops having sex with random girls and with that I could figure he’s something different” he added

I replaced Jonathan’s hand back and then watched him seriously. “To be honest, I’m sorry Jonathan. I don’t really care about him” I said as the final words and the headed back to where Zack, Kent and Kyle were chattering and laughing.

“Okay, that’s awesome, Kent. I would so join your competition in Rock Band. I’d take your ass” Zack laughed and then followed by Kyle. I slung my arm around Zack’s waist and then Jonathan came back as well with the groups. He shook his head in disappointment at me which was I never cared about as long as it was about Caleb. Why I have to bother myself with Caleb? He ruined my life that made me moved farther away.

“Well, see you soon, Zack. See you in the warped tour” said Kyle as the goodbye and I smile to him. I smiled to Kent and Jonathan as well and then walked off from the groups toward the zebra cross. The three boys continued their walk when I glanced over my shoulder, Jonathan still had those look at me.

“So, what were you talking about with Jonathan? You seemed having fun with him” Zack started as we reached the game station.

“Oh..” I managed my tone, “He joked about something stupid. He’s so lame” I faked my giggle and then walked into the game station

“And what was that about?” Zack demanded with smile appeared on his face

“I don’t really care, I was just enjoying myself laughing at him” I lied. After moments later, Zack didn’t really care about Jonathan’s joke which I didn’t want to talk about. He bought coins from the counter and handed a bag of coins.

I chuckled looking how childish he was, by buying all the coins, his inner child overwhelmed my mind that made me kissed him. He chuckled and kissed me back for awhile, then he stopped.
“I was wondering… if you could join the tour” he said inserting coins into some virtual game.

“Sounds great. But I don’t think my mom would permit me” I shrugged

“Tell her you’d be working there as our general assistant. That’d be cool” Zack said grinning like little kid and then concerned back to his game.

General assistant? Sounds cool, but it was a warped tour. And that warped tour also included Caleb’s band so there’d be possibilities for me to meet him again and I didn’t want to.

Despite of that, I’d be having a nice summer with Zack together. I wanted to be him for the entire summer. It must be really sucks when he left the town for the tour without me. Wait, I’ll take that chance. I was going with Zack for the warped tour besides, being a General Assistant would earn money. I want to have a summer job.

I crept up some smile on my face at him,

“I’m in” I said.

XXX