Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Matthew Flyzik

Once, I hated my mom so bad by her immature act. But stupidly, I suddenly turned really did love her when she said something.

“Oh MOMMY!!” I shrieked out loud making Jack plugged his ears at my banging shriek. I ran to where my mom was sitting and then hugged her because she gave me permission to go on the tour with All Time Low. I was so happy. “Mom! That’s amazing! Oh my!! Thank you!!” I said cheering and raising my hands up to the air.

That was a wonderful life of Nichole Barakat, hell yeah! I was going to spend my entire summer break with Zack my boy. Yes!!

“I’m glad you have this summer job” my mom said and even though she didn’t know that I had some ulterior motives behind this, she still bought this as a spending time together with Caleb. Ha! Funny! I wouldn’t be in his bus anyway.

“But remember Nicks, you have to be prepared. We’re doing this for two months. Once you got knocked out from the tiredness, you will be sent back to mom, kay?” Jack responded with his caring tone which I really loved. I let out my awww sound and hugged his lanky mid torso.

“Alright poppa..” I giggled

“There there” he stroked my head and then since we were going in 2 days time, my mom followed me to my room so she could help me packed my stuff for two months.

Yes.

XXX

Two days later, as in the first day of tour, my mom gave me the ride with Jack to where the meeting spot. It was a random venue where buses were parked. I could see groups of people were waiting for their members. It was five in the morning, but they all had busied themselves with the plan.

I let out my two suitcases while Jack let out his backpack and his suitcase from the baggage. Jack pointed the white bus with All Time Low tag to me as I spread my grin on it because I could see my brother’s goofy face on the tag. And yes, it was All Time Low’s bus

I slapped his shoulder playfully and then my mom hugged me tightly saying that I had to be alright for the entire months. I said yes to her and hugged her back with kissing her on the cheek leaving a loud smooch. She giggled and ruffled my hair.
One thing, she sent her regards to my husband because she didn’t see Caleb. Shizz.. I forgot about that.

As I nodded aimlessly, Jack and I raced to ATL’s bus like little kids. I dragged my heavy suitcases with running like he did too with his suitcase. I laughed and then breathlessly reached the bus first.

“Whoa lady, easy…” said a voice that came from the bus door. The door flung open and revealed a man with his dark brown hair and pierced ears spreading his smirk at me.

“Uhh hey, Matt!” Jack shouted and gave a loud highfive to this Matt guy. Matt hugged Jack and then turned to me after he pulled away. “This is Nicky, the new merch girl and our general assistant” Jack wrapped my shoulder and bumped my petite figure to his as I gave my peace sign to Matt.

“Well, hey gorgeous, I’m Matt. And you must be working with Vinny then” he chuckled

“Vinny?” I asked

“Our merch guy”

“But, I am gonna be the general assistant, aren’t i?”

“Uhh.. so All Time Low is out of member crew, Nicks. You will be working as the merch girl and general assistant as well. Why do we need general assistant? Because our previous assistant is sick right now, so… you’re substituting him” Jack explained with me replying him with single nod not to mention that I didn’t get it.

“So, in you go lady…” Matt motioned me to get inside the bus as he helped to lift the heavy suitcase. “So Ms. Nicky…. Uhh..”

“Barakat. Nicky Barakat” I corrected

“Wow, you’re his sister? No way!” Matt snorted when we were on the bus’ living room already.

“Yeah..” I said smiling sheepishly

“You’re hot, Nicky. I dunno that Jack has a hot sister like you… not like him..” Matt wiggled his eyebrows to me leaving me giggled. Jack protested with his pouty lips as I suddenly felt a breath tickled my nape.

A strong arm wrapped my shoulder and he kissed my temple,
“Too bad Flyzick, she’s already mine” it was Zack when I faced her. I hugged his waist and pecked his lips followed by Matt who threw his astonished look at me.

“You’re Jack’s sister, and then you’re Zack’s girl too.. then what?? Very nice, I don’t know the latest gossip of you all!” Matt put his hands on hips in protestation as we laughed at him.

“Such a gossip girl” Jack rolled his eyes

“Well, if you want to know, she’s Caleb Turman’s wife as well…” I stopped laughed when Alex and Rian appeared from Matt’s back. Alex’s eyes were in bloodshot and he giggled at us.

“Sorry, he’s been drunk since last night” Rian apologized even it wasn’t his fault. I swallowed hard as Matt saw me with a mixed up look which I couldn’t I interpret as.

“Nicky… it’s been so long… I miss your hot body..” he giggled and pushed himself against mine giving a rib crushing hug. And I heard him purring.

“Alex, you’re drunk.. let me go..” I pushed him to Matt and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Well, forget about that, what time shall we leave?” Zack said bringing my suitcase onto a bed that might happen to be mine.

“I think we’re going, the other buses are taking off” said Jack peeking through the glasses and then suddenly the bus was moving.

Finally, we’re going.

We’re leaving Baltimore to another state.

XXX