Status: Finished

Killing Joy

The Midnight Visitor

Image

“NICKYYY!!!” as the bus door opened, I jumped a couple inch because of someone who just shrieked happily and it was came from Jonathan and Kyle who just came inside the ATL’s bus.

Boys from ATL had been out somewhere to finds some fresh air after their performance no exception with Zack. He followed his bandmates to some club, he asked me once, but I wasn’t in the mood to have a night party so I stayed in the bus wasting my time with playing Mario’s Kart.

“What are you two doing here?” I asked munching some chips leaving some crunching clatter from my mouth.

“We’re inviting you to our party with other bands! Come on, girl!” Kyle approached to me and pulled my hand

“No… I’m staying here…” I replied

“Oh come on, Nickins.. we’re gonna have fun this night!!” Jonathan squealed and insisted me to stand up

“No guys. I’m not in the mood to party. You guys have fun! I’m staying hereee…” I said stuffing another chips in my mouth

“Boohoo.. you’re lame..” Kyle commented

I faced his blinding blonde and smirked, “I don’t care, Burns… just leave me alone. I’m concentrating with the game.. shoo shoo..” I motioned shoo gesture at them followed by their groan and fading voice that came from them

“You’re no fun, Turman!” Jonathan shouted from the door bus while I just rolled my eyes and concentrated with the game.

Me was here.. alone in this bus only with Mario Kart and snacks. Even Matt and Vinny joined the boys, I didn’t care what they were up to at the party, like I said before.. I’m not into parties.

The clock was ticking silently and I didn’t look for the time, it was already 11 PM. I thought, I should end the game and go to sleep. Such a girl. Yeah, I wasn’t planning to be overslept in the morning, I had job to work on.

So, I made my way to the bed after I turned off the electronic stuff I had been using. But, when I was in the middle of my way toward the bed, the bus door suddenly opened itself revealing someone who just climbed into the bus.

He paused at the moment when our eyes locked, he stared me with uneasy look and then spread his weak smile.

“What are you doing here?” I snapped

“I uhmm.. uhmm.. I was alone in my bus, people are up for the party.. and I was bored so I decided to go here? Sorry, I thought.. I thought you weren’t here..” Caleb admitted with his pleading look as he rubbed his nape groggily.

“And how come you don’t join them?” I said crossing my arms over my chest

“Bored with the party, I guess?” he shrugged lightly

“Why you should come to this bus?”

“Because all I know the other buses are running out of food suppliers? And since I’m hungry, I think.. I want to cook here…. You mind?” he asked with the most polite tone I’d ever heard from him with me just rolling my eyes and sighed deeply.

“Have your way… I’m sleepy.. I’m going forward to the bed..” I said leaving him to my bed.

Why should I was in the same bus with this freaking ginger head!! AGAIN!!?? I screamed out in my mind when I shoved myself on the not-so-comfortable bus bed. I bit my pillow in annoyance but soon, I was relaxed in so sudden.

You know what? I’m not gonna lie, I was hungry too, and since I sniffed a yummy scent that came from the kitchen, I got up slowly and peeked to the kitchen. Finding Caleb was whistling while he cooked. I cursed myself because of my lack of cooking skills. I wouldn’t be drooling that time if I could cook. And I was hungry.

“What are you cooking?” I asked still hinting my snapping tone remembering that I still kept my prestige over this. Over him.

Caleb turned his flaming ginger head to me and answered, “Just some spaghetti and pasta. Why do you ask?” he lightly spread his smirk at me.

“Nothing.. I was just asking..” I lied and moved my head back to the headboard. Then I heard the stove was killed with yummy scent flied all around the bus. Shit! I was freaking starving!!

I bit my lower lip and faced away my face from the kitchen trying to forget the scent.

And in no time, I felt someone tapped me. Of course it was Caleb with his glorious smile offering me a plate of spaghetti while he was handing his own plate.

“What??” I snapped with eyes darting on the spaghetti.

“I know you’re hungry… I made one for you”

“I’m not hungry, ginger head.. I’m sleepy..” still with eyes darting on steamy spaghetti.

I found Caleb laughed at me and put the plate on the bed right next to me. He chose the bed that faced my bed and started to eat his meal.
“It wouldn’t be tasty anymore if you let that cooling” he commented munching greedily on his spaghetti.

WITH MY EYES STILL ON THE SPAGHETTI! WHOLEY SHIZMO!! NICKYYYY!! You cant fucking take his kindness!!

But you are hungry!

I know!! But he’s a bastard! He raped you!!

But you are freaking hungry!! You will die in the morning because of starvation!

But look at his stupid smirk!! He’s making fun of you!!

I was fighting with my mind, but in the end I was defeated. I took the plate next to me and slowly ate the super duper special yummy spaghetti. Caleb really made a good chef.

I heard him giggled lightly but pretended to concern at his meal as I looked at him. I preferred to become a mute and ignored him. I preferred to enjoy the meal.

“So, how’s it?” he started licking his lower lip and took the glass of water.

“It’s pretty good” I said aimlessly and you know, I was lying. It was freaking good! I would so put my two thumbs up for him if he wasn’t a jerk.

“Oh..” he responded as if he’s sad of my light respond.

“Uhh. But thanks…” I said honestly leaving him with nodding at me.

When he finished with his meal, he took my plate and put them on the dishes. I looked to his uneasy face that grew so sudden and yes, just in no time he turned his face to me and gulped.

“Nicky… I’m…” he paused and strolled back to the bed where he had sat before. “I know I shouldn’t bring this now… uhmm.. but, I cant take it longer. I’m really really sorry, Nciky. For…” he paused and exhaled longingly when I was like stunned at the moment looking at him. I didn’t want to talk about the thing, but obviously I let him.

“I didn’t mean to rape you Nicky.. listen.. I’m really really sorry. I was like possessed when I did that. I know you are really mad with me. I don’t expect your apologize acceptance though, I am the bad guy. I should take this. But all I want to say right now is, I’m really sorry, Nicky. I’m sorry for everything I have done to you. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry I am the bastard….” He blurted out and didn’t dare to eye my eyes.

“I would so understand, if you reject me. I’m sorry once again..” he became quiet and then got up from the bed. “Deep down inside, I really want to befriend with you. I want to have a nice friendship with you. But it’s okay. It was my fault” he said finally with way too much guilt in the tone and then walked away from me toward the bus door.

“Good ni—“ he started but I cut off

“Okay, Caleb…” I swallowed hard. “Apologize accepted” I added some sigh.

And he was like throwing his eyes out from their casket, which I found it was cute.
“What?” he ensured

“Apologize accepted” I said in annoyance because I didn’t want to repeat those words, it sounds I lost my prestige. But in fact, ought to.

“Nicky? You’re not kidding right?” he stopped at his track and then walked again to me with slow pace.

I groaned out loud as I found him grinning like he used to show me.

“Thanks…” he said still grinning. “So.. friends?” he said letting out his pinky finger to me asking for my pinky finger.

I was hesitated at first but then I hooked my pinky finger on his with held smile. But I failed, so I smiled at him. He’s such a dork.

“You’re fool” I said taking my pinky finger back again.

We both chuckled and then I dunno what came to him, he pulled me into an awkward hug. He glued his chest on my nose that made me dragged his scent which I was missing. Yeah, I missed his scent.
In millisecond later, he pulled away and grinned once again to me.

“Okay.. it’s nice to have a late dinner with you.. and knowing that we’re friends again. I should be going back to my bus right now….” He excused himself and walked back again to the door glancing over his shoulder. “Goodnighty, Nickins…” he added and then vanished from the bus.

It was very fast.

So since that night, my days would involve Caleb in my life again.

As a friend. Not a husband.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
there. tell me what do you think!!

comment and subscribe!! ((: