Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Merch Tent

Image

That day, I stood next to some snack vendor while my eyes were up for stage. All Time Low was performing their songs while the crowds sang freakily. Some girls shouted Jack and Alex’ name out loud which I found annoying.
If jack and Alex got the most of the spotlights, the only spotlight I could see was Zack. His face was full of spirit, and his skill on bass was amazing, I enjoyed his performance at most.

“Aww.. Zack…” I breathed out stunned with Zack even I was watching him from the distance.

“Hold on that burrito, dollface.. you ruin that…” suddenly Caleb was holding my mayonnaise smeared burrito on his hand and chuckled at me. I didn’t know he was already near to me that time because I didn’t see him around before. Caleb was wearing his Glamour Kills tshirt which looked good on him.

He chuckled at me as he handed my burrito back. His eyes then flickered to where my eyes lain on. The stage, where Zack was playing his bass skillfully. After that, he faced me back frowning lightly.
“Enjoying him much?” he wiggled his eyebrows as he flashed his toothy smile to me. My cheeks suddenly flustered red and grinned back to him. Isn’t it weird if your husband makes fun with you toward your boyfriend? For me, yes. It was really weird.

“Uhmm..” was all I could respond. “What are you doing around here?”

He then stared me, “Just walking around… and then I found you here. You know, we just finished our performance and I got bored so I decided to take a walk…” he stated

“A walk?” I scoffed. “Or there’re some ulterior motives to find some hot babes around here?” I replied trying to joke around. He huffed lightly and paused for a moment.

“Well.. im not interested with that thingy again to be honest” he smiled sheepishly

“Oh really?” I laughed “Boy, you are Alex’s kind, remember?” I giggled not thinking that my words would offend him in fact yes obviously. His expression suddenly transformed into offended but it grew normal back again when he managed to say something.

“Uhhh.. I have stopped to mess with girls, Nicky. I just think that’s not necessary to toy them around. Right now, I want to start loving someone that very important to me” he admitted. I didn’t believe that the Caleb Turman could say that such things.

“Ohh..” I replied trying to understand. Deep down, I could tell my conscious told me he just lied to me to gain some sympathy from me. “Well.. hmm. Okay… and I should be going back” I said throwing the burrito’s wrapper into the trashcan nearby since I finished my burrito.

“Where are you going?” he asked with faced down and then rubbed his nape while he gazed at me with his chocolate eyes that hid beneath his long lashes.

“I have work to do.. back to the merch tent..” I replied and smiled at him as I made my way back to where Vincent and the other merch crews was working.
“O-kay…” he said softly.

XXX

“NICKY!!!” someone shouted out loud and waved to me from the ATL’s merch tent showing himself as the goofy Jonathan Cook. He spread his perfect whites when I approached the tent.

There were Vincent, Matt, and Alex. Alex was surrounded by some fans who wanted to take some picture with him. As usual, Mr. Alex Gaskarth smirked and mustered his infamous smile-that-can-make-you-swoon to the girl. The fans which mostly were girls, giggled and gave him hug. One of them was lucky enough because Alex asked her number so maybe they could hang out together sometimes.

On the other way, Matt was browsing to other merch tent, he wanted some merch from warped tour. And Vinny, like usual, serving the customers who came. He obviously waited for my help there.

“Hi Jonathan.. what’s up?”” I greeted with my phoniest tone I could manage.

“NICKY! NICKY!! THIS IS FUCKING GREAT!!!” he jumped goofing around with giggles.

“What? What?”

“Angela!! I asked her for a date tonight and she said she’d love to!! Isn’t it AWESOME!!?” and it seemed Jonathan really liked this girl from his response over this. Jeez. Ánd now, let’s go to Mayday parade’s tent!!!” he squealed

“What? No Jon, I have work to do” I glanced to Vinny who plastered his lazy smile.

“Vinny said yes, didn’t you Vinny?” Jonathan looked over his shoulder to Vinny, and Vinny just raised his thumb nodding at me.

Actually, I didn’t want to leave the tent because first, it’s like I ditched my own job and second, the Mayday parade’s tent was too far from ATL’s tent. But Jonathan insisted, and as the result, I sighed in defeat obeying this hyper lover boy.

Jonathan took my hand dragging me out from ATL’s tent. GAHHHH! Why didn’t he just go by himself? I was so lazy!! My feet were going to be bruised.

And like it was my lucky day, abruptly rain poured down when we were on the way toward the tent. SHIZMO!

“Oh shit!” Jonathan cursed covering his head. We both ran along the running crowd who also were finding some shelter.

“JONATHAN! I’m all wet!!” I threw my profanities to him.

“Aww.. I’m sorry, Nicks.. I don’t know it’s gonna be rain” he apologized with me just could return him with a sigh. He grabbed my hand so I could run faster, but in the end we both were very wet. We reached Mayday Parade’s tent finding Angela who looked at us in surprise.

“Oh my God, guysss…“Angela commented. I just shot a look to Jonathan. He glanced me with uneasy look and grinned like a little boy.

“Look what you’ve done to me, Cook…” I said

“I said sorry, Nicky…” he wrapped his body with his arms and Angela led us to some plastic seat so we could sit. Angela asked her merch manager for towels for us and she gave it to us.

“Thanks, Gee…” I thanked her with Angela nodded at me.

“I dunno, it’s gonna be rain. Wow, this day was so hot and very clear” she commented about the weather

“Yeah.. that’s weather” Jonathan joined with red attacking his cheeks when he looked at Angela’s eyes which happened to be in the same color with Jonathan.

And moments later, Angela chuckled at Jonathan and got up from where she’d sat.
“I have a lot to do guys.. sorry.. stay here, will ya?” she said

“Okay..” I replied. Jonathan kept his eyes on Angela and grinned like fools but then suddenly he turned to me.

“Isnt she so gorgeous??” he asked innocently

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever lover boy”

He giggled childishly, “By the way, how’s you.. super lame night??”

“What do you mean?” I said ruffling my hair with the towel as the way to dry it off.

“You prefer to play Mario Kart than get wasted with us…” he smiled mischievously tightened the towel like he was really cold.

“Oh.. that night…” I said “Well.. it was just the normal night. But unexpectedly, Caleb came over.. “ I exhaled longingly

“Caleb?? Really?? What did he do??” his tone was like a guy who found out his wife cheating on him

“He.. he said he’s hungry and wanted to cook something in ATL’s bus”

“Hungry? Wow.. really??”

I cocked my eyebrows and demanded him as he added, “ just so you know, Nicky. That night, he was about to join us to the party, but when we said you didn’t want to come, suddenly with peculiar excuse, he was sick and decided to go back to the bus, in fact we just had lotsa food. And people thought he’s got a poisonous food. He said he wanted to have a deep rest until the morning, but now I realized it was just stupid reason to meet you” he laughed his head off and then stopped “So, what did you talk about?”

“So.. he lied to me!! He said he was bored with the party..” I whined and pouted “that ginger jerks…”

“Whoops.. sorry.. and so what did you say to him?”

“Well, at first, I was so annoyed with his presence in the bus and he bought that. He made spaghetti and made one for me. And since I was really hungry, so I ate that. We had a late dinner and didn’t talk. When we finished, he said very sorry to me and didn’t force me to accept him. He said he really wanted to be friends with me but he thought it was just impossible. And…” I swallowed

“At the end, I accepted his apologize.. and yeah.. we’re friends now again.. I think” I shrugged

“That’s rad! Glad to know you both came back again”

“Jonathan.. we came back again as a friend.. not as a man and wife…” I corrected

“Okay dokie.. miss…” he grinned

Suddenly, I sneezed. The weather was so cold and I just thought I was gonna get cold because of Jonathan. Gah!!

“Bless you” Jonathan said

“It is your fault if I got flu, J! Watch that!” I warned

Jonathan pouted and giggled to me as he shrugged his shoulder off like he wouldn’t care if I got cold. I shot him a look but he didn’t bought that. All I wanted to do was smack him. It was his fault that I was gonna get cold. It was his ego to meet Angela eagerly.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
there ya go.. i should be writing much this day. im planning to update more chapters to make you all get it. because this chapter is the key to every conflict to come. guess what the conflict is! and if youre right, you will get your big username link in my author's note. hahahah im so random.

just trying to make people guessing.. (((:

comment and subscribe! make me smile today!!

mucholovas,
icha