Status: Finished

Killing Joy

So It Happens

Image

The morning had come earlier, I tried to open my heavy eyes and found they were watery when I slightly opened my eyes. I found Jack, Alex and Zack were sleeping on the bed next to me while Rian passed out on the couch. My eyes were fucking heavy and my head was in awful headache like I was getting some bad hangover.
“Ouch…” I moaned rubbing my head when I got up from the bed and found everything was spinning like merry-go-round. Oh shit! This was Jonathan’s fault. I was so killing him because that day, I’ve got COLD!

My body was shaky and I made my way to the bathroom to rinse my face and brush my teeth. But, as I reached the bathroom, my head got dizzier and it made me sick. I felt something attacked my stomach and begged to get out and so I puked on the toilet. Shit! Dammit Jonathan! Dammit! He made me sick!!

When I sure that I was finished, I got up from the toilet but suddenly I puked once again. It was so gross when I looked at the toilet finding my dinner was all over it. I flushed the toilet and then got back to the wash basin to rinse my mouth and get another teeth brushed.
Euww.. my stomach was weird. I was nauseated, I wouldn’t be like this if I didn’t join Jonathan the day before.

I made my way back to the bedroom to continue my rest. I just wished that when I got up again, I’d get better.

XXX

In fact, no I didn’t get better. I woke up with blurry and watery eyes as I could felt my nose was raining.
“Nicky??” asked a voice that happened to be Alex who was drying his hair. “Are you alright? You look so pale…”

“No I’m not, Al…” I sniffed and sneezed “Ive got flu…”

“Awww…” he pouted and sat on my bed stroking my hair “I’m sure you’ll get better. Have you taken your pills?”

I shook my head and brotherly, Alex stroked my head and left me to the kitchenette searching for something.
“Matt put some medicine somewhere.. “ he said opening the drawers roughly. And then fortunately, he found something. He gave the pills to me as I thanked to him. He’s like my other brother besides Jack and somehow, my presumption about him being stupid manwhore drowns as his brother side shown. Actually, he’s a nice guy. He just needed times to settle down on some right girl.

“I’ll call your bro to take care of you.. hang on..” he strolled to the bus door and disappeared in no time. I saw my digital clock, and it sated 11 AM already! I was already overslept, and I guessed… I got to take the day off for this.

“Nicky??” sounds came from the bus door as it revealed the lanky feature of my big brother with his worried face. “You’re sick??”

“Yeah.. I was running in the rain with Jonathan.. and I got sick. Shit!” I muttered biting my inside cheek annoyingly every time I reminded Jonathan.

“Haha.. so have taken your meds, dear??” he said approaching to me with his caring gesture. He stroked my head and glued his palm on my forehead leaving him wincing, he probably could feel my unnecessary body heat. “Oh screw that Cook kid” he muttered playfully.

“Alex gave me some pills. And I think I’m better now, just… I cant stop…” then I sneezed again. “….sneezing”

“Bless you” Jack responded while I rubbed my growing red nose. My eyes were fucking heavy and then suddenly, that nausea came back again. I excused myself and hurriedly took my steps toward the bathroom.

Then again, I vomited again and again. My head was hammered while my nausea still attacked. As I flushed the toilet and finished, I found Jack was already in front of the bathroom door with worried look.
“I think you should take a rest, Nicky.. you’re such a mess. I will tell Vinny you need to take some day offs” he said “Rest here, kayy??”

And I nodded. He gave me a kiss on my head and blanketed my growing sweaty body as he vanished from the bus.

Once again.. I fell into a deep sleep… oh dear, I was such a wreck. I couldn’t handle this.

XXX

“Look at her.. wow, her cheeks are burnt” someone commented

“Dude, you’re so dead…” someone muttered next to me

“Man… we didn’t know it was going to rain” it was the voice from no any other but Jonathan Cook. As I opened my eyes slowly and found Jonathan and…

….Caleb were sitting on my bed.

I got up slowly then resting my back against the headboard as I rubbing my eyes roughly. Their fast and semi loud voice disturbed my peaceful rest and made me forcefully opened my eyes. Hhhh..

“Hey.. I heard, you’re sick because of.. Jcook” Caleb smiled weakly

“Hey, it’s not my fault” Jonathan protested

“Uhh..” I stared on very healthy Jonathan. I wander why he didn’t get sick at all. “Yeah.. kinda.. my head is spinning..”

“Mm.. do you mind?” Caleb suddenly asked showing his hand and confusingly I just stared at him. With that, he touched my forehead and my neck. His cold hand was tracing my skin which made me shivering. “Holy fuck… you’re so hot…” he responded

“I.. yeah.. I feel so unwell” I admitted.

“Have you taken your meds?” Caleb was like copying Jack’s question and with that I replied him with a nod. “Have you eaten?” then, I shook my head soundlessly. “Okay, I’ll make you something then..” he said waltzing on the kitchenette leaving me only with Jonathan who motioned me to Caleb with wiggling eyebrows.

“What?” I squeaked

“See? He cares of you..” Jonathan flashed his perfect smile to me followed by my light groan

“So what??”

He grinned once again without letting any comment but he’s like already knowing what the meaning was. I chose to roll my eyes while I heard the bed squeaked as Jonathan got off from my bed and leaned on Caleb whispering something that made Caleb turned his face to me and arched his brows.

But fortunately, soon enough the hectic Jonathan Cook made his way out from the bus, leaving me and Caleb only. Why did I always to be left alone with him? Well, it’s not like I hated him, we were friends again, remember? I just didn’t wasn’t some awkward moment to be held any longer. To be honest, I didn’t like to be with him too much.

“Uhmm..” I started making Caleb turned his glorious face to me.

“Before you ask, I’m cooking some instant cream soup, so you can eat instantly” he grinned and like so instant, he finished cooking and then brought the tray of cream soup toward my bed. Even it was instant, but still Caleb put some secret recipes to make it tastier and the smell was so yummy.

“Thanks.. I am hungry.. and it’s brunch for me…” I said glancing to the digital clock that stated 1.13 PM. He smiled wholeheartedly to me and as I was about to take the soup spoon, he took it first and scooped some steamy liquid. He brought the spoon it to me leaving me awkwardly ate it with prickled cheeks. He’s so cheesy by scooping me the meal.

“How’s it?” he asked

“Well.. for instant food it’s pretty yummy..” I flashed my smile letting him pouted because of my single compliment. In fact, it was tasty for instant food.

“I could tickle you to death if you weren’t sick” he stated

I just giggled at him when he scooped me another spoon. The warm soup tickled my throat and it felt so good, my watery eyes could get better. In that time, I realized something, that he watched me with his eyes as if he’s talking to me. With that, we had a staring contest.

“Uhmm.. are you gonna spoon me or what?” I interjected. He then abruptly scoffed and laughed awkwardly when he spoon the soup as I gladly glutted the spoon into my mouth. In the time he brought his hand, I once again saw the sparkling thing that called our marriage ring clung on his right ring finger and I was like what the hell.

“Oh.. so you’re eating. Yet, we bought you some food” there stood Jack already near from the kitchen holding a plastic bag of meds which I was sure that it was for me. His uneasy look shot through both of us as Zack figure peeked from Jack’s back spotting me and Caleb who kinda making some romantic scene if you get what I mean.

“Ehmm.. hey Caleb.. you’re here..” Zack greeted with his stil nice tone. I heard Caleb gritted his teeth and then put the bowl of soup back to the tray. He got off from the bed and crooked a mock smile to Zack.

“Hey,” he simply said. “I just…” he said playing with his hands “Well, I just made her some soup, as I know she hadn’t taken her meal..”

“Uhmm.. thanks, Caleb” Zack smiled and then approached to me sitting next to me while he checked my body heat. “How do you feel, babe?”

“I feel better” I said shyly glancing to Caleb who had already crossed his arms over his chest with rolling his eyes in annoyance.

“I’m so worried about you, Nicks.. “ Zack added kissing my forehead lovingly.

“Errr… finish your soup while you can, Nicky. I’m off from here” Caleb cut off and sighed. Jack, Zack, and I’s eyes were on him who was leaning on the bus door leaving the three of us with some disenchantment that I read from his face.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go people.. it's the update!

for the deepest honesty...... this is the most hard chapter ive ever been. it's not about the plot, but somewhat something made this hard. uhhh.. if you know what i mean.. well ive been writing this 2 days long.. for fuck's sake! oh god, and it just about four pages! i dunno.. these days ive been getting some writer's block so i write this with my lack of ideas and vocabs. fuck writer's block. hehhehee

but dont worry, the story will be going on and on.. the ending plot have bore in my mind.. (((=

@ nidi and people; the conflict hasnt revealed here.. so this chapter is still the clue to the conflict to come.. so does anybody get something to guess??? ((((X

you guys made me smile with your comments. thank you so much for reading and supporting me while i write this..

comment and subscribe!!

mucholovasoxoxo
-icha

see ya to the next update!