Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Welcome to Dallas

After I argued with Zack through the phone why I didn’t say my goodbye to him and why I went to Dallas so sudden like that, I shut off the phone with loud thud because I was using my flip. Zack seemed a bit rough when he heard I was going to Dallas, he said he’s worried about me, he’s worried that I might get trouble with Caleb. But in the end, he just let go me, he wished I wouldn’t get too close with Caleb.

Somehow, I found Zack could read my mind because particularly, I missed Caleb.

I was in the cab with my mom while I rubbed lovingly at my big belly. Well you know, I was nervous as hell because I was meeting him. It must be embarrassing if he found my belly was really huge like this. What would he do? Mocking me?

When we reached the destination, my mom helped me to support my eight month figure to climb out from the cab after she gave the cabbie a wad of money. The Turman had this big house in suburban living, and it’s almost separated away from the city. It’s a two stories and a very big house even it’s not as big as Barakat’s residence. The house was painted in blue and yellow, there were paths from the gate toward the porch. There were also a couple of angel statues and flamingos in the nice garden.

Me and my mom found the porch and my mom hit the bell button. In a minute the door was opened revealing a young girl in maid uniform answered the bell. She smiled to us and gestured us to get inside as she said that Teresa had been waiting for us.

The girl led us to the TV room as we walked along the house passing some rooms and beautiful painting. In the TV room, my mom found Teresa and hugged her tightly. As usual, they shared giggles like immature women. In that case I just rolled my eyes and scoffed at them.

“Oh dear, Nicky!” Teresa spotted me and slowly approached engulfing me with hug as she kissed my cheek. She scanned me and her eyes were very happy finding my huge belly. “Is the little Turman there?” she stroked my belly and I felt my baby hairs around my neck stood up as I felt the ticklish sensation.

“Ehm.. well yes?” I smiled weakly as I put my palms on my waist making my stomach stuffed out. Teresa smiled wholeheartedly once again, like she just had the most beautiful diamond ring.

“I’m so excited looking forward to see my very first grandchild” Teresa stated and kissed my forehead, “You’ll be a good mom, and you both will make a happy couple I’m sure about it” Well, Teresa hadn’t known anything about my will to break up with Caleb once the baby came out

“So Tess, where’s your big boy?” I heard my mom called Caleb. Teresa spun her heels and faced my mom.

“He’s out with his bandmates. His band has been busy with the new recording lately” Teresa shrugged

“Wow, new recording? That sounds awesome” my mom recalled as she watched my eyes “Nicky would be grateful to see him, yes?” I was startled at the moment and bit my tongue as the response.

No fucking way!

“Well, actually at the moment he’s hanging out with his friend. And her house is like a couple house from here, you can check him if you want to” said Teresa

Her? So his friend was a girl? What was he doing there with this girl? I didn’t know that I found some pang on my pit heart when I heard this.

“Well Nicky would love to” and it was my mom who replied before I replied. MOM NO! I was embarrassed if he found me in so huge form like this. “And since she’s like this..” she pointed my non ordinary form as a pregnant girl “I’d walk her there”

NO! I didn’t want to go there!

“I’m sure Caleb would love to see you and his son, Nicky” Teresa giggled “And don’t forget, the house is painted with violet” Teresa added as my mom got ready to drag me there.

“Okay, Tess. Thank you. Come on, Nicky.. let’s find your man” my mom smiled as she took my hand supporting me to get outside.

Once I got inside, I felt the air hit me hard and it was quite cold, I was sure it’s gonna be raining soon. Me and my mom walked along the sidewalk passing the umbrella trees while I heard the wind danced hitting the trees making me inhaled the air.

“There it is, isn’t it their van?” my mom pointed the van I used to see. We stopped at our track which happened to be on the house’s driveway, the house which was painted in violet. I faced my mom and knitted my brows together.

“I’m leaving you here, sweetheart. I’m letting you find your own way to finish your business with him” my mom said softly.

“Mom, I d—“

“Nicky, you are almost twenty, make your own way to solve your unsolved problem with him. I know you can” with that she kissed my cheek and gestured me to get the door bell. I walked to the porch while I tugged my maternity everyday dress and managing myself to ring the bell.

I heard someone’s steps approaching the doorway and I heard the door was unlocked as well, revealing the tall guy with super blonde head. His eyes obviously were startled spotting me there and his lips curved into a very wide joker’s smile.

“Nicky?! Holy shit!!” he pulled me into a hug making me chuckled and apparently once he pulled away he recognized something was different with my tummy. His eyes grew and flashing a little kid smile as he started to rub my stomach.

“You’re big, Nicky! You have tits!” Kyle laughed

“Shut up” I tittered

“But you’re still beautiful. Come on, get inside” he asked me inside and took my hand as a support for me to hold the burden on my stomach.

“How old is it?” he asked referring to my baby

“Eight”

“Wee, soon she is going out! I’m so excited!”

“Well, it’s a he, Kyle” I informed him as we reached some room which happened to be filled with the guys from Forever The Sickest Kids plus.. well.. there was only one girl. I was sure she’s the host of the house the guys had been in. She had got ash blonde hair with chest length, her eyes were flashed beautifully when she was whispering through his ear and she also giggled to him.

Wait a minute, why was she on Caleb’s lap?

Jonathan, Marc, Kent, and Austin turned their head to me as they looked so happy to see me.
“NICKY! OH WOW!” Jonathan cheered and approached me with his hyper gesture. He hugged my pregnant form and let out a light ‘ouch’ as he noticed about my tummy.

“Wow, you’re here.. It’s good to see you!” Marc said flashing his toothy smile.

“Err.. yes..” I nodded weakly while my eyes darted to Caleb who had an uneasy face. The girl got off from Caleb’s lap as Caleb stood up. he slowly made his way to me and rubbed his nape.

“Hmm.. hey Nicky..” he said smiling weakly. I saw the girl came to us and wrapped around Caleb’s torso. I gasped a bit.

“So, who’s she guys? I bet you all are her fan…she seems famous” the girl joked but I didn’t buy her.

“Oops, sorry Dani… this is our friend, Nicky Tur—“ Jonathan started before Kyle stepped on his foot “Barakat. Nicky Barakat” Jonathan corrected and I frowned my brows to Jonathan. Why was he saying that my name is Barakat? Well, oh God.. it seems I was getting use to use the Turman instead of Barakat.

“Err yes, Dani, this is a good friend of mine. Ours” I watched Caleb introduced me with an awkward gesture “Nicky Barakat. And Nicky,” he faced me “This is Daniella, uhmm..”

“Oh Barakat? You mean you’re like related with Jack Barakat?” Daniella grinned like a little girl.

“Uh.. I’m his baby sister…” I admitted and with that she cooed

“Wow, I know him. We met like two months ago, and he’s so nice. I don’t know that I’l be meeting his sister. He’s a great person”

“Uhmm.. well thanks”

“Oh oh!” she let out her hand “My name is Daniella Chambless, Caleb’s girlfriend. And it seems, we would be a good friend, Miss Barakat” she giggled and leaned closer to Caleb. My jaw was dropped when I heard her statement. She. Was. His. Girlfriend?
I looked around and it’s obviously right because the guys was showing their uneasy look. I watched Caleb and demanded his own words, but he looked hesitated. Everyone was in deep silence until I cleared my throat.

“Cay?” I started and I could see Daniella was holding her words when she saw my confused look.

“I.. uhm.. Yes Nicky, this is.. my.. uhmm.. Dani is my girlfriend” he said in hesitation.

I gasped a bit and managed my words after I shut my eyes for awhile.

“Oh..” I finally said and forced to smile at the mushy couple. Dani nodded and kissed Caleb’s cheek in such a lovingly way. I clenched my teeth and hold back my urge to cry my lungs out somehow. “Uhm.. so, what’s up?” I said forcing to smile to everyone. I spotted Kyle had the most uneasy look on his face and he gladly invited me to sit next to him on the couch while Austin and Marc were continuing their business. Composing music.

“I’m sorry” Kyle whispered to me.

“For what?” I asked quietly biting my shaky lips.

“For Dani. Well, you know what I mean”

“It’s okay Kyle…” I replied more like whispers. I seriously wanted to cry at that time. My eyes were burnt by some imaginary fire.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
this is part 1